It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good Day!

Knightin'+ installs and runs on my Linux machine, but it does not show any text and mostly only one light blue colour on the start screen and obviously missing details e.g. on the helmet in the lower right. No text, no nothing. Making it unplayable. I cannot even launch a new game. :-(

It also always starts not on the designated main screen.

The music plays at least.

The distro is Linux Mint 19.3 with Cinnamon desktop and current updates. Running kernel 5.4.0-40-generic and teh nVidia blob driver.

edit: in the terminal it says

"Running Knightin'+
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() did not locate a running instance of Steam.
[S_API FAIL] SteamAPI_Init() failed"

no shit, no Steam API, when getting it from GOG...
Post edited July 03, 2020 by benutzername.gog
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
benutzername.gog: edit: in the terminal it says

"Running Knightin'+
[S_API] SteamAPI_Init(): SteamAPI_IsSteamRunning() did not locate a running instance of Steam.

Thanks a lot for this information. Hopefully that's not the reason why the assets won't load. I have this game sitting in my wish list but if it's not going to play on Linux I won't waste my time.

Do you have any updates? Were you able to get it to work?
benutzername.gog: "Running Knightin'+

I'm pretty sure that Steam API has nothing to do with your problem. I used it only for the Steam achievements and it doesn't have any other purposes in the game's code.

Frankly speaking, I don't have a slightest idea why the assets are not loading for you. Tested the game on my Ubuntu VM 5 minutes ago and it worked just fine.
Post edited July 27, 2020 by Wolod
benutzername.gog: "Running Knightin'+

Wolod: I'm pretty sure that Steam API has nothing to do with your problem. I used it only for the Steam achievements and it doesn't have any other purposes in the game's code.
Oh yes I am as well. Apologies for not writing it more clearly. I was a bit miffed that day because it does not run. Sorry.

Frankly speaking, I don't have a slightest idea why the assets are not loading for you. Tested the game on my Ubuntu VM 5 minutes ago and it worked just fine.
Well, I use the nVidia blob driver and it gives me the described bug. With Nuveau I only get a magenta coloured screen. In both cases I can hear the music and I can hear the cursor moving around the menu options. And I have somehow blindly changed it to windowed mode.

https://i.ibb.co/ZSM7Bys/Bildschirmfoto-vom-2020-10-12-11-34-30.png[/img]
https://ibb.co/ZSM7Bys

I am on Mint20 by now, but nothing has changed regarding my bug, sadly. :-( I have played it by now on an old Windows laptop with Windows, that was collecting dust in a corner. Cute little Zelda-ish game and fun. But this weird graphics bug is weird and well I want to game on Linux! So is there any way to dump some error messages from the game? Is there knightin+ --verbose? ;-)

p.s. thank you for replying and my apologies for not looking into the GOG forums more often.