It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

jamestown93: in my opinion i think the thief is way better but i stuck with the paladin cuz he was free, he dies every 5 seconds now and i have to ressurect him constantly, once i leave the caves im going to get the dog i'm at lvl 20 and still in act 1 i started yesterday and played non stop. and the same thing happened to me that purge and curse disease never did a damn thing!
what works good against the spiders are is ranged wepaons, don't let your companion run up and get poisoned that part was such a pain lol
lothar69: hmm.. yeah... and I'm assuming that the thief is in fact a thief (as in the class). So perhaps he's a ranged fighter as well? That might actually be a good thing because sometimes the AI gets stuck in choke points whens they're both trying to get into melee range.

I get the feeling from what people are saying here that I'm going to regret not putting points into spell schools/books. Currently I've only put points in to get levitation (2nd rank). The rest of my skill points have gone into non-magical. Currently at lvl 16 and I'm journeyman (rank 3) in ranged combat, but now each point costs three skill. Perhaps I should lay off getting that to master asap and focus on magic.

But yeah.. your companions are useless against spiders unless they can one shot them. I've been trying to kite the spiders with mixed success... between the lack of light (trying to target them in the darkness) and your own pathing going on the fritz at times. Anyways, I managed to kill them all and get to the second level.. I'm assuming there will be more.. but I hope I'm wrong.
Yes that guy is a ranged fighter, but im sticking with the pally for now i dont feel like paying someone to die on me lol, i just ran out of the iron caves in 10 mins bought levitation, healing touch, and found the dog, it's going to get much better. thanks to the help i got from here!. I don't think you'll regret not having a lot of magic i have so many crappy spells.... >.< i would rather been a thief i think.
/sigh

I should have saved before I put points into magic.. even though I ranked up my purge I still can't seem to dispel the poison of these spiders. What a waste. Just for that I think I'll have to cheat some points in. Perhaps I should have put points into divine so I could heal/rez my guys because purging is either really random or underpowered at first. I just tried purging my dog like 10 times without success. Maybe I'm just unlucky :P
MikaVegan: Did you ask the herbalist what to do in this case? Because she tells you to destroy it maybe just afterwards the quests goes on.

And I remember I talked with the assistent of the executioner (North to the executioner himself). He tells you that someone may hate him to curse him.

Did you accuse Lotti or just killed her without trial?

If you talk to the executioner with the doll in backpack he should ask you about the progress of the quest.
hushy2k: Yep, asked Herbalist before, got the note in the journal

The friar (you mean him as assistant?) just offers me goods and healing, but no dialogue

Can't accuse Lotti because no dialogue options

and, if I talk to him with doll in backpack I can just answer to the progress "no, not yet", which is a bit dull since I've got the doll.

nevertheless, thanks :/

EDIT: just found the assistant, Quarim. It's not possible to talk to him, strangely enough...
EDIT2: reload an it worked, got the final clue, thanks for your help!!
could you tell me what the final clue is i have the same exact problem u had >.< its frustrating
lothar69: /sigh

I should have saved before I put points into magic.. even though I ranked up my purge I still can't seem to dispel the poison of these spiders. What a waste. Just for that I think I'll have to cheat some points in. Perhaps I should have put points into divine so I could heal/rez my guys because purging is either really random or underpowered at first. I just tried purging my dog like 10 times without success. Maybe I'm just unlucky :P
Yes, get Divine Magic to 6 and buy the raise the dead spell
Post edited September 10, 2012 by jamestown93
on the second level of devil's caverns there's a door, which can't be targeted with the cursor. how to get through it? i can't find any lever.
DrIstvaan: One more question, though: where can I find the shepherd (I can't recall his name)? I was told I should ask him about Paul's disappearance, but I can't even find the shepherd in question.
20mithrandir: At Dragon Rock or peak, or such. Not the path but the actual area. Trolls all around, some sheep, a pentagram and a little boy in a hut...
Thanks. The thanes (?) there are still too powerful for my l13 char, so I'll just have to do something else for now.
In the location "Tree of Death" there is a secret stash just near the roots of the dead tree (pile of stones on the left side). When I tried to open it I saw the text "The chest is locked". I can't open it - neither spell nor bashing works. Is there a key somewhere?
My Priest can't use Disciple Weapons and Armors.
I got the Level (23), the Skill Level and the Strength and according to the Skill description the Priest should be able to get the Disciple Rank.

Can someone tell me if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong?

€dit: Okay i got it, just needed some extra points in Strength ;)
Post edited September 10, 2012 by kontrolltroll
Does anyone know how to open the door in the Elenian ancient tomb ? It can't be clicked on or destroyed so I'm guessing there's a mechanism somewhere ( possibly linked to the four statues ? ) but I'm not having any luck so far.
after i found out who kidnapped girls, whom should i say about that?
found a game breaking bug. when i accidentally used two parts of magnificent dagger, they disappeared from my inventory. now i am stuck at the quest with judge valerian as i got no evidence against him.
that ruins the game for me as i cant even think of restarting and going to iron mines again. was a pretty good experience but this is some stupid bug lol.
how could you use them?...
Feidlimid: Does anyone know how to open the door in the Elenian ancient tomb ? It can't be clicked on or destroyed so I'm guessing there's a mechanism somewhere ( possibly linked to the four statues ? ) but I'm not having any luck so far.
You mean the one quest you need to do to translate the scrolls right? Well you got it right with the statues. Just click on them (Each one of them. There is four in total).
michael.ch: how could you use them?...
i selected them by pressing the rmb, then next second there are no blade parts in the inventory. did not destroy them that is for sure.
maybe thrown out. try to look on the floor.
If you are looking for items on the floor just hold alt. It will show all the names of the items on the floor as long as you hold alt. Just walk around where you "Used" the quest items and get to looking. A small hint to make it easier to look for the items that you are looking for.