It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm at the end of act 1 where it should be possible to accuse the Judge but I realized that I only have 1 of the 2 pieces of the evidence in my inventory. I think that I unintentionally sold it somewhere. Is there any possiblity to proceed in the main quest?

I think it would be a major bug if it is possible to loose important quest related pieces and therefore being stuck in the game. In that case I could garbage my savegame and the whole game as well because it is not good enough to repeat nearly the complete 1. act. :(
Post edited September 09, 2012 by LordCrash
LordCrash: I think it would be a major bug if it is possible to loose important quest related pieces and therefore being stuck in the game.
I can't say for sure on the sword pieces, but I 'sold' the head of some named orc (a small quest from an orc worker to bring him the head of his master or such) in as much as getting the 'normal' head hunter bonus from the sheriff for it. It was removed alongside the other orc heads. So at least some of the 'quest' items can be 'lost' in a way...
LordCrash: Did you talked to the soldir (Mi....) in the Inn about the Baroness. It is necessary to gather evidence against her.
You can only do that after Flitz gives you the cue ... before that the soldier has no dialog options. I finished the first act now, let's see what awaits us in the next one...
Post edited September 09, 2012 by 20mithrandir
DrIstvaan: Regarding the murderer of Kurth Ollmier... Since he was trading pagan stuff and he was about to sell a book to someone, I guess I should search the Tree of Death to go further in this quest... Is that true or do I have to look elsewhere for his murderer?
flabbyjack: Way off :( In fact the Tree of Death is a pretty crummy area. The murder is tied into all the recent heretical events, so you don't solve the murder until near the end of the first act. You basically have to talk exhaustively to each NPC and explore. RInse and repeat.
Thanks for the info.
One more question, though: where can I find the shepherd (I can't recall his name)? I was told I should ask him about Paul's disappearance, but I can't even find the shepherd in question.
DrIstvaan: One more question, though: where can I find the shepherd (I can't recall his name)? I was told I should ask him about Paul's disappearance, but I can't even find the shepherd in question.
At Dragon Rock or peak, or such. Not the path but the actual area. Trolls all around, some sheep, a pentagram and a little boy in a hut...
On the side note there doesn't seem to be any downside if you arrest Master D'Arvais, you actually get another 500 experience and you get to complete a quest which would be cancelled.

I wanted to burn him but doesn't seem possible. Also it makes no difference if you torture him or not (except probably with your alignment) so have fun. >:-)

Is it even possible to burn innocent people?

BTW how do you open that gate which has lave right behind it on the lowest level of Orc Mine?

Also any side effects if you release souls from that rock?
lothar69: Forgive me noobness, but has anyone confirmed it's safe to store excess items in npc chests or found any other storage solution for packrats like me? Granted a lot of the inventory is filled with potions that I should cull. But I've started collecting different pieces of weapons/armor and it fills you up pretty quick. i.e. a Master level bow that I can't use yet with some nice stats.
It seems everything in the World is permanent, in Act II no bodies were moved (and they complain about plague ;-) ). I already have to full chest of loot which survived ok, any drooped items seem to remain no matter how long it has passed. Even when after killing Orc chief I was told soldiers would be sent to the mine but nothing happened which is a bit disappointing.
Post edited September 09, 2012 by ivanbajlo
yup, throw items around, its like Diablo 1

alignment is not something to be disconsidered, but heck, if you do.. that is because it comes naturally to you.. so you're experience is fitting. People go by their subconscious all the time

On quest items, be very careful .. well be very carefull with everything , every information dialogs and so on.
sear: Has anyone figured out an effective way to fight the ghosts and spirits in act 2, other than just quaffing a million potions?
So I found that they use either lightning or cold based spells. Lightning spells tend to be the more difficult. If you put on lightning resist gear and spells, you can drain their magic and reduce the amount of potion quaffing. (Spirits use lightning, ghosts use cold I think but am not certain on this.)

On another note, do I have to backtrack for tinthian? I have still to explore the colliseum and satan caverns but don't want to re-explore act 1 at all.
Armaros: I'm a priest, so I'm a bit fragile and looking for all the help I can get. I've got the dog companion, but I've heard that there's another follower you can get in the first area(s). Is that right? Whereabouts is he?
He joins with the story (He approaches you by the paladin area, you may have to talk to Edmond and you may have to accept the quest to free his name or something, I am not certain). If you want my advice, don't be afraid of using the symbol or sigils at the beginning. They are easy to come by and later on you will have quite a few. They also help out until your spells become more reliable to hit. Also some spells which are nice are shatter from the pagan school to open up locks and sixth sense from inquisitorial magic to identify items. If you put points into identify, just console cheat to get them back because sixth sense appears to always identify everything. Also don't invest in mana regeneration, Mana potions are abundant and cheap.
Post edited September 09, 2012 by Madfoxinator
Tza: Thanks for this Q&A Fenixp!

I've got one:

How the hell could I desactivate the automatic potion consumption of my followers?

The dog follower I took keeps using my health/stamina potions during the fights... and it's litterally driving me nuts.
where did u get the dog follower? i could only find the paladin and Landsknecht: dude
Tza: Thanks for this Q&A Fenixp!

I've got one:

How the hell could I desactivate the automatic potion consumption of my followers?

The dog follower I took keeps using my health/stamina potions during the fights... and it's litterally driving me nuts.
jamestown93: where did u get the dog follower? i could only find the paladin and Landsknecht: dude
Deactivating potion consumption for followers is listed in the control menu. I forgot exactly which key it was. Also, I would like to know where to find the dog too, I can't seem to locate him...
jamestown93: where did u get the dog follower? i could only find the paladin and Landsknecht: dude
haed: Deactivating potion consumption for followers is listed in the control menu. I forgot exactly which key it was. Also, I would like to know where to find the dog too, I can't seem to locate him...
i personally suggest
1. you fill potion with 30% one of your inventory page
2. if you fighting strong enemy like spirit, ghost, rock ghost(extremely hard, kill one of them will break a very good weapon) call your teamplayer stay here first when you get close to em' make sure em' hit you first then call your teamplayer 'charge'
3. if your level over than 22 i don't suggest you take the dog now
the dog is locate in the Prison B1 in the first city you born
because you em' is too strong to your dog, if 2-3 em' hit it in a same time will kill it
and never re spawn
my dog is now lv23 he has a good speed and not easy to get jam in the map
Post edited September 09, 2012 by gaaaas
right now i have one follower and he's pathetic, at first i was like wow he's awesome now he dies constatly in the iron caves but i got quite good at resurrecting him, right now does anyone have map of the ironcaves floor 3? anywhere on this forum, i saw a map for the previous floors i'm in a tight pinch with these goblin mages, my strategies have been pulling off but i don't know how to get out of here (moving forward to the next floor)
Post edited September 10, 2012 by jamestown93
Speaking of followers I presently have the dog and paladin. I get the feeling the paladin will leave as soon as I clear his bosses name. Am I right? There's also that thief I can recruit for 500gp. I turned down his offer at first because I figured I'd have to pay 500gp per 100 kills and I was doing just fine with my current followers. Am I going to regret not recruiting/leveling him up?

Btw.. poison is such a pain in the mines. I thought I had put enough points in the spell school that purge is in to get it to rank 2 but I was wrong. So my purges don't work on the poison from those red spiders that cast it on you. For the sake of conserving potions I had to save/reload over and over as I killed them solo from stealth.
lothar69: Speaking of followers I presently have the dog and paladin. I get the feeling the paladin will leave as soon as I clear his bosses name. Am I right? There's also that thief I can recruit for 500gp. I turned down his offer at first because I figured I'd have to pay 500gp per 100 kills and I was doing just fine with my current followers. Am I going to regret not recruiting/leveling him up?

Btw.. poison is such a pain in the mines. I thought I had put enough points in the spell school that purge is in to get it to rank 2 but I was wrong. So my purges don't work on the poison from those red spiders that cast it on you. For the sake of conserving potions I had to save/reload over and over as I killed them solo from stealth.
in my opinion i think the thief is way better but i stuck with the paladin cuz he was free, he dies every 5 seconds now and i have to ressurect him constantly, once i leave the caves im going to get the dog i'm at lvl 20 and still in act 1 i started yesterday and played non stop. and the same thing happened to me that purge and curse disease never did a damn thing!
what works good against the spiders are is ranged wepaons, don't let your companion run up and get poisoned that part was such a pain lol
Post edited September 10, 2012 by jamestown93
jamestown93: in my opinion i think the thief is way better but i stuck with the paladin cuz he was free, he dies every 5 seconds now and i have to ressurect him constantly, once i leave the caves im going to get the dog i'm at lvl 20 and still in act 1 i started yesterday and played non stop. and the same thing happened to me that purge and curse disease never did a damn thing!
what works good against the spiders are is ranged wepaons, don't let your companion run up and get poisoned that part was such a pain lol
hmm.. yeah... and I'm assuming that the thief is in fact a thief (as in the class). So perhaps he's a ranged fighter as well? That might actually be a good thing because sometimes the AI gets stuck in choke points whens they're both trying to get into melee range.

I get the feeling from what people are saying here that I'm going to regret not putting points into spell schools/books. Currently I've only put points in to get levitation (2nd rank). The rest of my skill points have gone into non-magical. Currently at lvl 16 and I'm journeyman (rank 3) in ranged combat, but now each point costs three skill. Perhaps I should lay off getting that to master asap and focus on magic.

But yeah.. your companions are useless against spiders unless they can one shot them. I've been trying to kite the spiders with mixed success... between the lack of light (trying to target them in the darkness) and your own pathing going on the fritz at times. Anyways, I managed to kill them all and get to the second level.. I'm assuming there will be more.. but I hope I'm wrong.
Fenixp: Where does the portal from Orc camp lead to?
You'll find more such portals scattered on 'top' floors or above large dungeos. They're exit portals from the bottom levels of them, and can't be used from the surface.
This isn't quite true. You can use the portals on the surface after you unlock them in the bottom. Atleast that's how it is for the orcs camp and it is a God send : ).