It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Has anyone figured out an effective way to fight the ghosts and spirits in act 2, other than just quaffing a million potions?
sear: Has anyone figured out an effective way to fight the ghosts and spirits in act 2, other than just quaffing a million potions?
If you're playing as a priest the best way is to leave your NPCs behind you and deal with them on your own, if possible. Your high int will give you a large amount of magic resistance which is something that the NPCs generally don't have. The AOE seals are massively powerful against them but they seem to be resistant to physical damage, including damage from physical spells like Open Wounds, so it's best to get ones like the AOE iceball one. Run into the room, or away from the room, whichever draws them to you. If you move at the right angle they shouldn't really be able to hit you with spells. Once you've drawn them away turn back on them and just spam AOE seals. That'll get you through them well before you're strong enough to take them in a straight and fair fight.

Additionally you're probably best to do all of the hub quests in Act 2 before going out to the graveyards and pagan temples. Undead monks will kick the crap out of you at low levels.
Post edited September 09, 2012 by Canus
*Spoilers ahead*

So, that's my problem: I cannot accuse the lovely baroness and don't have any dialog options with either her, the rescued bishop or the inquisition guys ... Here's what I've done so far:
- Solved the 'bewitchment', got attacked by the girl and had to kill her
- Cleared the iron mines and had to take the baroness back to town
- Found a hilt and blade of a sword, it seems to have been used on the cemetery, sheep guy tells me he sow the inquisition guy throw it away
- Stabbed some 'black' heart in a crypt (that was cool btw)
- Talked to Edmond, brought back his sword
- Found a Paladin corpse in some troll caves
- Found a 'dead girl' inside a pentagram
- Rescued Paul and brought him back to his father
- Chased Julian away at the cemetery and brought back the girl
- Gave the chemical guy some strange potion, think that might have been not so good

Sooo, where does that leave me? How to I connect the broken sword, the dead girl and the dark mass with the baroness? Please help.
20mithrandir: *Spoilers ahead*

So, that's my problem: I cannot accuse the lovely baroness and don't have any dialog options with either her, the rescued bishop or the inquisition guys ... Here's what I've done so far:
- Solved the 'bewitchment', got attacked by the girl and had to kill her
- Cleared the iron mines and had to take the baroness back to town
- Found a hilt and blade of a sword, it seems to have been used on the cemetery, sheep guy tells me he sow the inquisition guy throw it away
- Stabbed some 'black' heart in a crypt (that was cool btw)
- Talked to Edmond, brought back his sword
- Found a Paladin corpse in some troll caves
- Found a 'dead girl' inside a pentagram
- Rescued Paul and brought him back to his father
- Chased Julian away at the cemetery and brought back the girl
- Gave the chemical guy some strange potion, think that might have been not so good

Sooo, where does that leave me? How to I connect the broken sword, the dead girl and the dark mass with the baroness? Please help.
When in doubt, visit every single location and explore the entire map, and speak with every single NPC, exploring every single dialogue option. :D
Wow, that was helpful ... I hadn't thought of that. I already visitided the locations several times. I even siftet through the iron mines a second time, because I thought maybe I missed 'picking up' some piece of evidence. So, can anybody give me a little help?

*edit*
OK, I got some infos from Flitz (again) ... it seems you cannot talkt to that beggar often enough.
Post edited September 09, 2012 by 20mithrandir
Fakeymcfake: So I killed the Orcish Khan and picked up his head but upon picking the thing up his head disappeared on me. Is there anyway to use console commands to make the thing respawn because I can't turn the quest in otherwise.
flabbyjack: I hope you noticed the 4 inventory tabs near the bottom of the inventory screen?
Of course I have, not my first videogame. Plus it'd still register with the Duke that I have the the head in my inventory. Now does someone have some actual advice or am I out of luck?
20mithrandir: Wow, that was helpful ... I hadn't thought of that. I already visitided the locations several times. I even siftet through the iron mines a second time, because I thought maybe I missed 'picking up' some piece of evidence. So, can anybody give me a little help?

*edit*
OK, I got some infos from Flitz (again) ... it seems you cannot talkt to that beggar often enough.
Yep, I wasn't trying to be snide or anything. NPCs get new dialogue options as you learn more information and sometimes you just need to ask the right questions of the right NPCs. You don't need to get *all* the evidence or complete all side-quests to proceed, but the side-quests are interwoven with the main quest such that you probably will need to complete almost everything to finish the game.
Sorry for my rashness, I've been searching for about three and a half hours already before I wrote here in the forums... I tend to get frustrated sometimes, may be the age ; - )
I just finished Act I, yesterday. I must say im really really liking this game. The writing is top notch, the pacing is amazing. The combat is the weakest link, but if you learn your way around its quirks its no worse than Arcanum or Baldurs Gate 1 was. Overall im incredibly satisfied with this game.
20mithrandir: Sorry for my rashness, I've been searching for about three and a half hours already before I wrote here in the forums... I tend to get frustrated sometimes, may be the age ; - )
Have you tried to talk to Jeremia to accuse the Baroness of being a heretic? This shall be possible after you talked with the Bishop in the town after you rescued him.

Did you talked to the soldir (Mi....) in the Inn about the Baroness. It is necessary to gather evidence against her.
Post edited September 09, 2012 by LordCrash
I'm a priest, so I'm a bit fragile and looking for all the help I can get. I've got the dog companion, but I've heard that there's another follower you can get in the first area(s). Is that right? Whereabouts is he?
serialies: lastly, who was the person who stole the monstrance? (the relic you get after killing herbertius)

all help appreciated, thanks.
Talk to the guy Remius in Hillbrandt, just west of the church inside the town walls. He's the sick priest dude.

Oh and be prepared for a moderately tough fight :)
Post edited September 09, 2012 by TemplarLord
Regarding the murderer of Kurth Ollmier... Since he was trading pagan stuff and he was about to sell a book to someone, I guess I should search the Tree of Death to go further in this quest... Is that true or do I have to look elsewhere for his murderer?
DrIstvaan: Regarding the murderer of Kurth Ollmier... Since he was trading pagan stuff and he was about to sell a book to someone, I guess I should search the Tree of Death to go further in this quest... Is that true or do I have to look elsewhere for his murderer?
Way off :( In fact the Tree of Death is a pretty crummy area. The murder is tied into all the recent heretical events, so you don't solve the murder until near the end of the first act. You basically have to talk exhaustively to each NPC and explore. RInse and repeat.
Forgive me noobness, but has anyone confirmed it's safe to store excess items in npc chests or found any other storage solution for packrats like me? Granted a lot of the inventory is filled with potions that I should cull. But I've started collecting different pieces of weapons/armor and it fills you up pretty quick. i.e. a Master level bow that I can't use yet with some nice stats.