It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When I try to install the latest patch I get the message that the installed version is not compatible with the patch
Post edited October 24, 2012 by don2712
This question / problem has been solved by JudasIscariotimage
don2712: When I try to install the latest patch I get the message that the installed version is not compatible with the patch
Have you used any sort of mods?
don2712: When I try to install the latest patch I get the message that the installed version is not compatible with the patch
JudasIscariot: Have you used any sort of mods?
No, this is a re-installation after having my hard drive replaced a couple of months ago. The version I reinstalled had been downloaded from gog and saved on a backup drive in 2010 it is the basic version without mods and no tweaking of the ini files it hasn't even been set up for my joystick I did run the program for a minute or two before I tried to install the update. I have just re-downloaded the game overnight and I notice the application file and the last bin file are larger than the files I downloaded 2 years ago perhaps my original download was too old to be compatible. Will my latest download include the new patch?
JudasIscariot: Have you used any sort of mods?
don2712: No, this is a re-installation after having my hard drive replaced a couple of months ago. The version I reinstalled had been downloaded from gog and saved on a backup drive in 2010 it is the basic version without mods and no tweaking of the ini files it hasn't even been set up for my joystick I did run the program for a minute or two before I tried to install the update.
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/il_2_sturmovik_1946/patch_4_10_has_arrived_to_gog_il_2_sturmovic_1946_installer

We updated the installer in February 2011. Perhaps your installer from 2010 may not be compatible with the patch we provide. Please download the installer and the patch and try patching the game after installation.

If any problems arise after a fresh download and install, please don't hesitate to write our Support department :D
Post edited October 24, 2012 by JudasIscariot
don2712: No, this is a re-installation after having my hard drive replaced a couple of months ago. The version I reinstalled had been downloaded from gog and saved on a backup drive in 2010 it is the basic version without mods and no tweaking of the ini files it hasn't even been set up for my joystick I did run the program for a minute or two before I tried to install the update.
JudasIscariot: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/il_2_sturmovik_1946/patch_4_10_has_arrived_to_gog_il_2_sturmovic_1946_installer

We updated the installer in February 2011. Perhaps your installer from 2010 may not be compatible with the patch we provide. Please download the installer and the patch and try patching the game after installation.

If any problems arise after a fresh download and install, please don't hesitate to write our Support department :D
I have just re-downloaded the game overnight and I notice the application file and the last bin file are larger than the files I downloaded 2 years ago perhaps my original download was too old to be compatible. Will my latest download include the new patch?
JudasIscariot: http://www.gog.com/en/forum/il_2_sturmovik_1946/patch_4_10_has_arrived_to_gog_il_2_sturmovic_1946_installer

don2712: I have just re-downloaded the game overnight and I notice the application file and the last bin file are larger than the files I downloaded 2 years ago perhaps my original download was too old to be compatible. Will my latest download include the new patch?
Edit:

If you have just recently downloaded the game's installer then all you need to do is download the patch. If not, then download the installer AND the patch. Let me know if I can be of anymore help :D
I am still having problems so i have posted some screenshots thank you for your help I am running Vista 32 bit
Attachments:
don2712: I am still having problems so i have posted some screenshots thank you for your help I am running Vista 32 bit
Please send those screenshots along with your DxDiag to our Support department. With such specific error messages as those, this is a bit beyond me. Sorry I can't help you out more but rest assured we will do what we can :D
don2712: I am still having problems so i have posted some screenshots thank you for your help I am running Vista 32 bit
JudasIscariot: Please send those screenshots along with your DxDiag to our Support department. With such specific error messages as those, this is a bit beyond me. Sorry I can't help you out more but rest assured we will do what we can :D
Will do, thank you for your help.
Don
JudasIscariot: Please send those screenshots along with your DxDiag to our Support department. With such specific error messages as those, this is a bit beyond me. Sorry I can't help you out more but rest assured we will do what we can :D
don2712: Will do, thank you for your help.
Don
By the way, do you have any anti-virus software running while running the patch? If you have anything like Avast! or AVG running in the background, try running the patch with the anti-virus software disabled and see what happens. Thanks :D
don2712: Will do, thank you for your help.
Don
JudasIscariot: By the way, do you have any anti-virus software running while running the patch? If you have anything like Avast! or AVG running in the background, try running the patch with the anti-virus software disabled and see what happens. Thanks :D
I have just tried running the patch with the real time scanning turned off but it still won't load and gives the same error messages. I also checked my real time scan history and it doesn't indicate anything being quarantined during nor after the patch download or the re-download of the main program.
I did send a report to the support dept with the jpegs and a DxDiag.
JudasIscariot: By the way, do you have any anti-virus software running while running the patch? If you have anything like Avast! or AVG running in the background, try running the patch with the anti-virus software disabled and see what happens. Thanks :D
don2712: I have just tried running the patch with the real time scanning turned off but it still won't load and gives the same error messages. I also checked my real time scan history and it doesn't indicate anything being quarantined during nor after the patch download or the re-download of the main program.
Did you download the installer and patch via the GOG downloader or from your browser?
don2712: I have just tried running the patch with the real time scanning turned off but it still won't load and gives the same error messages. I also checked my real time scan history and it doesn't indicate anything being quarantined during nor after the patch download or the re-download of the main program.
JudasIscariot: Did you download the installer and patch via the GOG downloader or from your browser?
I used the GOG downloader for both
JudasIscariot: Did you download the installer and patch via the GOG downloader or from your browser?
don2712: I used the GOG downloader for both
If it's not too much trouble to ask could NOT use the downloader and see if you get the same errors again? We are working out the Downloader issues and the downloader *might* (and I use this term loosely) be part of the problem.

Also, please make sure to unistall IL-2 Sturmovik and reinstall it after redownloading via browser.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks :D
don2712: I used the GOG downloader for both
JudasIscariot: If it's not too much trouble to ask could NOT use the downloader and see if you get the same errors again? We are working out the Downloader issues and the downloader *might* (and I use this term loosely) be part of the problem.

Also, please make sure to unistall IL-2 Sturmovik and reinstall it after redownloading via browser.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks :D
Ok, I'll try just the patch first as that is the quickest and see what happens, then try patch and my 2010 version and if there is still a problem I'll re-download the game using my browser.