It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The GOG version of the game is 1.05.1

But I just learned there's an official bug fix update for it on the Paradox forum:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/darkest-hour-patch-1-05-2-hot-fix-release.1530186/
Post edited April 10, 2024 by Krondr
Krondr: The GOG version of the game is 1.05.1

But I just learned there's an official bug fix update for it on the Paradox forum:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/darkest-hour-patch-1-05-2-hot-fix-release.1530186/
The game has received the update today according to gogdb
https://www.gogdb.org/product/1445505773#changelog
That page only says "Build added" on April 19th 2024, but not further details...

It´s true that currently (May 4th) GOG still has the older v1.50.1:
- I have downloaded v1.50.1 months ago, and haven´t since received any note about actualization
- when I want to (re)download a copy of the file, it say´s v1.50.1
- when I start the game launcher, it says v1.50.1 (and also hints to a more recent version v1.50.2, including link to DL)
- when I start the game, version number is v1.50.1, too.

So I went and just downloaded and used the official update, following the link given in the launcher. Worked seemingly without a flaw, and now launcher says v1.50.2, and ingame I get the same version number - seems to work without problems. However, so far I only started a new game, up to the ingame map, without actually playing...
So I´m still (like Krondr, as it seems), not totally, completely sure whether the official update patch can be used with the GOG version without creating some flaws (maybe because of slightly different data structure with the GOG version or things like that)... I would guess that it´s okay, but would feel better if GOG had updated the file "officially"...
Post edited May 04, 2024 by Goggolade
Goggolade: That page only says "Build added" on April 19th 2024, but not further details...

It´s true that currently (May 4th) GOG still has the older v1.50.1:
- I have downloaded v1.50.1 months ago, and haven´t since received any note about actualization
- when I want to (re)download a copy of the file, it say´s v1.50.1
- when I start the game launcher, it says v1.50.1 (and also hints to a more recent version v1.50.2, including link to DL)
- when I start the game, version number is v1.50.1, too.

So I went and just downloaded and used the official update, following the link given in the launcher. Worked seemingly without a flaw, and now launcher says v1.50.2, and ingame I get the same version number - seems to work without problems. However, so far I only started a new game, up to the ingame map, without actually playing...
So I´m still (like Krondr, as it seems), not totally, completely sure whether the official update patch can be used with the GOG version without creating some flaws (maybe because of slightly different data structure with the GOG version or things like that)... I would guess that it´s okay, but would feel better if GOG had updated the file "officially"...
The official 1.05.2 patch is compatible with the downloaded from GOG 1.05.1 package. Actually this patch only replaces the EXE and updates the registry to 1.05.2.

GOG Galaxy has the latest 1.05.2 version (1.05.1 is still available as a "beta").