It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Crash on startup.

Says,
An unexpected error occurred.error during core initialization sequence

Any Fix ?
Today I received Wasteland 2 for free, acquired Age of Wonders: Planetfall via GOG connect, and purchased Descent 3 + Mercenaries. None appeared in my library until I exited GOG 2.0 and restarted.

Also can we get "Sort by purchase date" back?
Post edited December 12, 2019 by bellastrega
Hello people and developers.
I have some suggestions for Gog Galaxy 2.0:
- Let me know what game has to be updated without opening the launcher (Example: Steam, Epic ...)
- When you click on a game without opening it and see your statistics, achievements ... see the game note of the metacritical page (see the metascore and the public note), a small image in some corner or something and a synopsis of the videogame.
- A section of all the PC stores together where you can not buy, just inform you (Example: You get and see recommendations according to your games, those of your friends, news ...)
- Another section where you can see as a news channel about the games you play (Example: new update of CS: GO: weighs 2gb and the notches of the patch, Cyberpunk 2077 will bring a zombie mode in its new update, new trailer the Marvel's Avengers ...)
- Official animations or created by the community, they serve for the bottom of your library.
- Something like steam to play cooperative games together, or that can play for you but that works for all platforms.
- Video game calendar you want, conference dates ...
Howdy,
I LOVE LOVE LOVE Gog Galaxy so far. If there was one suggestion I could make, it was adding Oculus to the available launchers. I know it is niche, but it would be awesome!
The ability we hide games on one platform that we own on multiple platforms. Ex: I own yakuza kiwami on ps4 and pc, I want to hide just the ps4 one, but keep the pc one shown.
I would like to see if I own a game with a linked account. Even if the games are shown in my games list it only tags owned gog games in the sale right now as owned.
are tags in yet?
@Sepix
Yes Tags have been in for a while, not sure about the importing of tags.
There's a limit of 50 tags but, combined with the genre filter, it makes for decent selecting already.:)
I would really like to have the option to decide whether my library ignores "The" and "A" in the prefix of a game's name.

e.g. - I'd prefer to have The Sims in my library under S rather than under T.
It would be nice to modify the filtering logic. For example: I sometimes want to search for games which have both tags A AND B; not OR (any matching).
I'm not understanding/finding something. Can anyone help me out here? (Either devs or just other posters). I had been told the beta was going to allow me to see ALL my games, on ALL (well, all popular) platforms, aka: including those on steam and such. That's one of the main points that spurred me to try it, because I've been looking for one central place for all my games, and if that's going to be galaxy, the better!

However, the only way (as far as I can see) is the "filter" option, but, if I click on that, I only see the option of GOG.com. How do I add steam and other platforms in there? I mean, for me that was the main reason to go for the 2.0 galaxy beta, and I wanted to test that out...
One comment regarding Epic store:
- Would it be possible to launch the Epic games without startign up the Epic Games Launcher? I know I've create shortcuts to do this manually, should be possible to incorporate into GOG too then. It just needs to get the info from the process started by EGL (as attached).
Attachments:
I would love for this to have a controller input for menu navigation. Also getting battle.net support would always be welcome.
I wish to add right-click menu options to the system tray icon to go directly to the settings page and manually check for software updates.
SVDP: I'm not understanding/finding something. Can anyone help me out here? (Either devs or just other posters). I had been told the beta was going to allow me to see ALL my games, on ALL (well, all popular) platforms, aka: including those on steam and such. That's one of the main points that spurred me to try it, because I've been looking for one central place for all my games, and if that's going to be galaxy, the better!

However, the only way (as far as I can see) is the "filter" option, but, if I click on that, I only see the option of GOG.com. How do I add steam and other platforms in there? I mean, for me that was the main reason to go for the 2.0 galaxy beta, and I wanted to test that out...
Gear icon -> Settings -> Integrations -> add integrations for each platform you use which are available. There are 3 categories of availability at the moment.

1. Built in already showing on the menu to choose from.
2. Built into the search box, start typing the first couple letters of the platform and see if it shows up.
3. 3rd party only available by searching the forums or Google to find other platforms and integrating them manually from Github by following the instructions provided on Github or wherever.

GOG, Steam, Epic Games Store, Uplay, Origin, Xbox, Playstation are category 1 above, Bethesda, Rockstar, Humble Bundle and a few others are available as category 2. Allegedly Blizzard Battle.net is available via #3. Others are allegedly available via 3rd parties too but you have to look for them.

Since it is still a beta, and since the integrations are mostly created by 3rd parties (not GOG), sometimes they are stable and reliable and other times they break or disconnect and need to be refreshed or disconnected and reconnected. As the development of the client and the integrations improve over time, more features and stability will likely result.

I've got 8 game platforms successfully integrated so far. GOG, Steam, Uplay, Origin, EGS, Bethesda, Rockstar, Humble. Some of them disappear randomly and come back a few days later, but overall it works pretty good for a beta release all things considered.

If someone is expecting a polished finished release where all features and functionality work 100% of the time and where all platforms are supported and there are never any issues/problems though, they should wait until Galaxy 2.0 is out of beta. This is beta software, not a stable polished final release where everything works flawlessly all of the time. Be prepared to file bug reports and feedback with details if/when you have any problems.

https://mantis2.gog.com
Darkwolf1515: The ability we hide games on one platform that we own on multiple platforms. Ex: I own yakuza kiwami on ps4 and pc, I want to hide just the ps4 one, but keep the pc one shown.
This feature already exists in 2 ways. By default Galaxy stacks duplicates as one game, and lets you choose which platform to prefer for that game. Additionally you can hide any game from the catalog in which case it will only show up under hidden games.
Post edited December 17, 2019 by skeletonbow