It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
Requests:
-Ignore "The" at the beginning of titles.
-A hidden "Sort Title" option in the Edit box to re-organize games without having to change the visible title.
-The ability to download offline backup installers and extras.
jm.maksiu: - sort by user's rating. Users will be giving 1-5 star rating in their library and GOG will collect this information to show us average rating. (maybe add some badge under avatar (with option to turn on/off) when you rate all of your collection)
You can sort by rating in the list view. Just click the column heading.
jbritton: Requests:
-Ignore "The" at the beginning of titles.
-A hidden "Sort Title" option in the Edit box to re-organize games without having to change the visible title.
-The ability to download offline backup installers and extras.
I would go a step farther and request that an option to have the offline backups and extras be automatically updated when an update happens.

I would suggest using BitTorrent tech. Have the torrent access managed by the application, so you can select the titles (and extras) in from your library. Just make sure to include a share ratio. I want all of my software backed up locally, but it is currently a pain to manage.

***Edit
On further use, I would still like to see a platform badge. What would be really slick is if a series of something like 4 small badges with transparency could be put onto the game images and the badges would be based on the Tag field. Add to this the ability to mass tag games. (Select games for tagging using CTRL and SHIFT like selecting files, even if only in the list view)

Each of these features would add great benefit, but together would make it easy to manually add a platform tag. (Automatic would be better, but manual would suffice)
Post edited July 17, 2019 by Skaught
Hey there. Just installed the beta. First thing I noticed is that I cannot find my Wish list.

On top of it, I think it would be nice to see the wish list from other platforms, like Steam. I always have a problem remembering which games I wishlisted where. I know, first world problems :P
Is there a way to pause a download?
For example, I opened GOG client and automatically started to download an update of some game.. but I wanted to pause it because I'm playng online or watching some movie... is it possible? I didn't find the option.. sorry if stupid.
Minor bug report: I use 2 monitors (one is 1080p and the other is 900p), when I have the client maximized on a monitor is bleeds a little on the other monitor
Is there a list of all the downloads/installs/updates currently running (like in Galaxy 1, bottom left corner)? Not yet implemented, or am I just too thick to see it?
chandra: Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.

We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)

We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.

Let’s talk!
I didnt get the invite T.T
jm.maksiu: - sort by user's rating. Users will be giving 1-5 star rating in their library and GOG will collect this information to show us average rating. (maybe add some badge under avatar (with option to turn on/off) when you rate all of your collection)
Matthew94: You can sort by rating in the list view. Just click the column heading.
I mean to sort by average users rating gathered from all Galaxy user's vote.

Regards.
The feature I'd most like to see is Discord Rich Presence integration because it would be cool to display different platforms you're playing on in Discord status that is normally not possible, like Playstation.
toxicTom: Is there a list of all the downloads/installs/updates currently running (like in Galaxy 1, bottom left corner)? Not yet implemented, or am I just too thick to see it?
It's in the list of known issues linked in the first post of this thread.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025458833

"Certain features from GOG GALAXY 1.2 are still missing (manual game update notification, list of current downloads, access to extras and backups)"
I would like the ability to see my friends that don't have gog.com on this launcher. This could simply be their online status on said platform.

I also would like to see Battle.net integration.
Matthew94: It's in the list of known issues linked in the first post of this thread.

https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025458833

"Certain features from GOG GALAXY 1.2 are still missing (manual game update notification, list of current downloads, access to extras and backups)"
Thanks, kind of didn't see it.
I got a email inviting me to try out GOG Galaxy 2.0 but when I download it and login I get this message
Attachments:
primey0: I got a email inviting me to try out GOG Galaxy 2.0 but when I download it and login I get this message
Yup I have the exact same problem. I've received the invite but once logged, it says I need to be invited. Maybe we need to wait a bit for them to activate something?