It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Welcome to GOG GALAXY 2.0 closed beta forum thread! If you’re here, it probably means you’re already part of the beta or are waiting for your access – please be patient as we’re sending invites on a first come first served basis. And if you’re not signed up yet, you can still do it here.
We’re starting this thread to have a place to discuss with you your ideas and feedback about GOG GALAXY 2.0 – tell us what you like or dislike about the app, what features we are missing, which platform integrations you’d like to see, and share any other feedback regarding the app. Also, drop your questions about GOG GALAXY 2.0 and we’ll try to answer them if we can :)
We’ve been testing GOG GALAXY 2.0 for some time already in our internal and alpha tests and gathered feedback, so some of the topics you want to discuss might already be addressed by us – please check the list of known issues that we’re aware of and we’re working on.
Let’s talk!
Post edited June 24, 2019 by chandra
tvgold42: Currently enjoying GOG 2.0, its a good update and im almost ready to ditch Playnite, only 3 things i would like from it in terms of the launching/installing of games.

- Allow us to group duplicate games together (e.g. i own Cultist Simulator on both steam and GOG, giving them a single entry with the install button letting me pick from which client to install from)

- Emulator launching support

- Twitch, gamepass and manual install support

aside from these 3 things i love the update so far, and cant wait to see what you make of the software
Skaught: I was going to suggest a badge to indicate the service, but while a badge on the game image would be good, grouping the games with the ability to set the default version would be even better.

I would think Emulator launching support would be a great community integration plugin project.
Badges are currently kind of a thing, when hovering over icons in the all games view, it does display an icon for which one its refering to. Though it still lists them seperatly, and counts them as seperate games all together
Where can I see and install DLCs?

Edit: nvm, found it.
Post edited July 12, 2019 by TentacleMayor
I signed up, but it has not come to me yet.
The first time I came across this new interface, I loved it, but to see a mistake that is serious to me, is the option to download the game and its extras? removed some of the options that I love but in the application.
in addition to the social part? we do not have but a profile, steam invests in a social media for its users being almost a social network that makes the users use but steam not only to play as well as to talk with their friends, another point is a totally perssonalizado profile something we do not have.
In the part of game ta almost perfect but gave a complicated in it because usually when we click on a game that we have we can back up, go to the store, and several things that the old app had and does not have anymore, that makes the user difficult, Note that some dlc stops working by saying that the game is not compatible with the current version that makes me think it was not for him to update altomaticamente? Of course it's a bug I still tar in beta so I will not even take that much into account.
You could observe the steam a little and see how it is, not copy clear but see what it offers that your launce does not offer, focus a little on the social question pos the steam draws that letter.
I will not deny that you have been going the right way because it made it much easier in some parts of games and conquest, but it did not make it easier on some.
love the work of you that always seeks to improve your products different from several companies and still with that thought that you bought and your besides the beautiful support that you give so I became fan of you, ha in the support part could put a service chat oh, it was going to be perfect, good luck in the development of this launce and that it becomes everything that you are best talking about great.
Check out the error of English I'm Brazilian and I'm using google translator kkkkk.
I figure I'd point out that many of the 342 x 482 icons in grid view are a complete graphic design failure. GOG and EA Origin have their act together. Impeccable. They seem to be on the same page. However, some of my Steam games are a total mess.

I have a modest Steam account with pretty much only games I wouldn't find on GOG. I was impressed that a few of these smaller games used the correctly sized icons, however there are some that are a total mess. They're truncated splash screens, or worse, like 1/5th of a text logo. The icons for Bastard Bonds and Turbo Dismount are especially egregious. I don't think I'm allowed to post screenshots, so I won't, but they ugly.

It really isn't that big a deal to me, tbh, but I thought I'd point this out as a potential issue, because "graphic design is my passion." Organization and centralizing seem to be huge selling points of 2.0, but I'm not sure what the solution would be. I don't reasonably expect GOG to have an icon for each of the tens of thousands of Steam games.

Maybe you can have a dedicated thread so industrious GOG Forumites can flex their graphic design muscles for these explicitly non-GOG games?
One suggestion. Make GoG Galaxy 2.0 be able to control it with a controller. Why? I would love to use GoG Galaxy 2.0 as the launch pad through Steam Link, basically make it like big picture mode. You won't need to do anything else with the Galaxy other than make it controllable with a controller, don't need to do anything else in order to make it work through Steamlink since Steamlink is just mirroring through LAN anyways, even what is on the desktop.

Would be much easier to run all games I have from all platforms when using Steamlink if I had one platform that has all my games showing up on one screen. So please allow controller control on Galaxy 2.0.
eisberg77: One suggestion. Make GoG Galaxy 2.0 be able to control it with a controller. Why? I would love to use GoG Galaxy 2.0 as the launch pad through Steam Link, basically make it like big picture mode. You won't need to do anything else with the Galaxy other than make it controllable with a controller, don't need to do anything else in order to make it work through Steamlink since Steamlink is just mirroring through LAN anyways, even what is on the desktop.

Would be much easier to run all games I have from all platforms when using Steamlink if I had one platform that has all my games showing up on one screen. So please allow controller control on Galaxy 2.0.
Agreed, if they want this to be an all-in-one solution then this should be supported. It's probably work well enough with the existing grid view.
I just wrote a somewhat extensive feedback post here, but it's not showing up in the thread and not showing in my recent posts either. :(
bought a game through 2.0 client, this screen gave me an error
Attachments:
So been using it for a couple days now, have had no issues so far but i miss a few key features, thought id just throw them out here instead of making a single thread about it

Ability to launch with different parameters, alot of games when you for instance right click on an installed game on steam and see the options(example in annotations)

An alternative way to launch games instead of "right click play" or open info page and then click play, such as perhaps when on mouseover of the portrait of the game you wish to play, there could be a play icon subtly showing and an info icon beneath of besides it, similar to Steam's current contemporary grid design.

Just from a design standpoint, when i see the cover of the game, im not interested in viewing info about it generally, that comes second, my first thought usually is to launch the game, perhaps a simple option to switch those 2 actions around, so one could simply 1 click on a cover to launch a game, and right click for more info, having those be switchable options could potentially be neat, but maybe have only a certain section of the cover be available for clicking to launch the game, to avoid misclicks (its abit depressing to suggest this because the info pages are generally really beautiful to look at, but quite often people just want to simply launch their game with no distractions)

In terms of general features, we all know the popular ones requested, and i agree
Add general games outside of clients
Group together games ( i have multiple Deus Ex, witcher, Stellaris titles for instance from gog / steam)
Emulator support
Chat client integrations
More account info than the activity feed, like viewing friends general profiles and game list etc
customize-able activity feed, perhaps tap into other places like rss? could be expanded upon and be informative to players perhaps looking for news or deals out there
Custom controller profiles ( steam has this and people use this way more than you expect, its a godsend for the emulator users out there to customize each and every game with the options steam has)

And finally a personal of mine id see every client have as an option; no extra friend list window, just put it inside the main client just as you have a game list, you can have a friend list within it too

Thanks for allowing me beta access, you guys are doing an excellent job.
Attachments:
I just signed up on tuesday. havent received an invite. is it too late? how long is the beta?
a rebindable screenshot key would be a good addition

I believe 1.2 didn't allow you to do so, according to this community wish here:

https://www.gog.com/wishlist/galaxy/take_ingame_screenshots_with_rebindable_key

there's many different keyboard layouts and many different games with hard bound keys

the more rebindable keys the merrier!
Post edited July 13, 2019 by slamdunk
Guiltysole: I just signed up on tuesday. havent received an invite. is it too late? how long is the beta?
I signed up the day it was made available and only got in on thursday. You'll likely be waiting a while.
I started using the application since Friday and I really like the UI so far but a found a couple of issues:

1. Games that are in installed filter are not actually installed.
2. I had some intenet connectivity problems so I started a Steam game in offliné mode, everything was ok until I ended the sesiion end exit the game. After a couple of minutes I wanted to start again the same game and for some reason I was not able to because GOG client didn't view the game as installed. The previous "play" button was now "install" button. I believe this behaviour is caused by the offline mode steam client.
3. There is no option to switch from offline mode to online mode for steam. After the internet outage ended the steam client did not prompted you to switch back online, in fact steam client was disconnected in settings, To resolve I had to reconnect the steam account with user, password and device confirmation, it was loke the previous session was never on Gog Galaxy client.
4. There is no notification in UI when you have connectivity problems. Also Galaxy client UI doesn't notify user if it is back online or not when an internet outage ends.

As a summary, for steam client at least, the offline mode break things and should be thoroughly tested further.
I have received invitation to Beta so I'm listing my suggestions:

- bigger avatar in client window (I drew my avatar myself so I want to see it big :D)
- sort by user's rating. Users will be giving 1-5 star rating in their library and GOG will collect this information to show us average rating. (maybe add some badge under avatar (with option to turn on/off) when you rate all of your collection)
- option to move columns on my own: rating first, title last = no problem
- option to set my own colours to GOG Galaxy client: yellow background, pink text = no problem
- compact mode: no icons, only list of games and maybe 1-2 columns + menu (and bigger avatar :D)

Thank you GOG and thanks to all people working on Galaxy :)