It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'd hate the idea of procreating every single time I had had sex.
timppu: I'd hate the idea of procreating every single time I had had sex.
And I don't really get where that idea came from. I mean come on, first documented cases of birth control are from what, 2000 BC?
timppu: I'd hate the idea of procreating every single time I had had sex.
Fenixp: And I don't really get where that idea came from. I mean come on, first documented cases of birth control are from what, 2000 BC?
Falcon punch? ;-)
keeveek: Falcon punch? ;-)
Well actually, I believe that too. Sure as hell is effective :-P But mostly elastic organic stuff like bladders used as condoms. Whether people used good old 'withdraw soon enough' before I do not know.
Post edited April 26, 2012 by Fenixp
Fenixp: Which clearly means that it's wrong for others to discuss or share a different opinion. There are people who hate DRM and most of them don't condemn community because it's members are using Steam.
I don't recall condemning the community. Just stating (admittedly in a very blunt way) what I think about such discussions. And sexual ethics is something much more important than trivialities like DRM.
Paradoks: I don't recall condemning the community. Just stating (admittedly in a very blunt way) what I think about such discussions. And sexual ethics is something much more important than trivialities like DRM.
All right then, I'd like you to give me an advice. I wasn't always open about sex, actually I never really discussed it too much. Then I met my wife, and after some time in our relationship, we have discovered she's got a pretty solid case of hypersexuality. No, not the teenage 'I'm a nyph, I love sex,' it's actually kind of bad. No psychological treatement helped, all it did was lessening the issue slightly. So now, we either have sex often enough - so often that I myself sometimes get horribly sick of it (guys, don't even TRY to make comments about how great that is, I get it often enough and it's not,) or she starts taking potentially dangerous and personality changing dampening pills. Or my wife gets horribly depressed and generally unhappy.

So do not use sentences like "idea of recreational sex sickens me" around me, ever. And do try to look at the issue from the standpoint of other people as well, and don'd go around condemning something you don't fully understand.
I'm a little tired so I my wording may not be the best at this time. Just stating it to avoid further confusion.
I will just address this:
Fenixp: So do not use sentences like "idea of recreational sex sickens me" around me, ever. And do try to look at the issue from the standpoint of other people as well, and don'd go around condemning something you don't fully understand.
My answer was an answer to Vestin's post about my supposed puritan roots. The meaning of the word "recreational" is clear, and that's the meaning I meant. If you are not having sex for recreation, then it was not targeted at you, and you have no reason to be offended.

Closing words.
1) I think I stated everything that I had to. I'm leaving this thread to avoid any further confusion. Just please, don't expect me to stay silent on a matters that I find important.
2) If you want details about my position please read "Love and responsibility".
Can't wait till TheEnigmaticT sees this thread!
Post edited April 26, 2012 by Ultimatum
Paradoks: 2) If you want details about my position please read "Love and responsibility".
Oooh that's ritch, now you're going to go ahead and recommend a christian book. Go ahead and guess who are the most vocal people who condemn us even thou they know the circumstances. And you claim you're not a puritan - that word doesn't only include people who are against sex.

And you didn't direct anything at me? I was the one who created the topic. And just to top it off, you say "Just please, don't expect me to stay silent on a matters that I find important." Before this, you posted two things. The first was without any informative value whatsoever, only written to offend. There is no other interpretation. Second one was condemning an entire group of people without any explanation, again, with no informative value whatsoever. And in the third one you claim you didn't exactly mean them and finally link us a to a book, at the very least - the post is still pretty useless by itself, but at least it's got a slight redeeming quality. You're pretty good at being silent on matters you find important in a very loud manner, so you might as well remain completely silent.

Ultimatum: Can't wait till TheEnigmaticT sees this thread.
I PMd him the link, and notified him in another thread to existence of this one. While I'm not by any means saying he approves, I don't believe he minds.
Heh. I don't understand the fighting here.

You don't like a thread? Don't comment on it, simple! XD

(If no-one wanted to talk about it, then it just sinks into the abyss)

As for my personal contribution... well...

I'd love to contribute but unfortunately I haven't met a women that was actually interested in me enough to actually persue a relationship with me.
(And I'm the kind of guy that has high um... "uncertainty avoidance", due to personal traumas as a child)

Hmmm.. a little unusual that a 21 year old these days would never be in any kind of relationship at all, let alone a physical one, but I digress.
(Though its not that unusual considering I tend to stick at home with the family mostly. Don't like nightclubs, modern "music". Just a big gaming nerd really! XD)

I'm one of those strange ducks though I guess. Don't believe in Marriage, (well the religious and legality behind it. I do believe in long-term relationships though), do believe in the right of a casual bonk, (though I personally wouldn't want to make a habit of that), and as for children? It either happens or it doesn't. I'm good either way.

Hypothetically? I think I'd like to try a few different ones, as long as the gal is willing.
I think I'd be a democratic lover. XD
Kinda give the gal a chance to decide about half the time.
(By then, she'd probably be way more experienced! She'd be my Sensei of Lurve! XD)
" I'm not a bigot or puritan. Here's a christian book to prove that"

Oh my God, what's happening in this thread.
Why all the fighting?
It's just sex positions lol
ExecB5: Why all the fighting?
It's just sex positions lol
Trying more than two sex positions during one intercourse is satanic.
I never said I disliked this thread, neither am I engaging in any combat,maybe I should of added an exclamation mark on the end of my post.
RetroVortex: And I'm the kind of guy that has high um... "uncertainty avoidance", due to personal traumas as a child
I have no clue about what you have been trough and am in no place to judge you one way or the other. But I do believe this might be something that would lower your change of getting a girl considerably. Usually, when you don't show signs of interest from your side early enough, women tend to friendzone you and that's something which is quite hard to get rid of. While I mostly keep to my family, never go to parties or discos and am generally very introversive person, I managed to get my wife and my ex and my other ex quite simply by being direct. Just my two cents, you know, I might be very wrong, I might not be helping at all, I might be just repeating something someone said to you a hundred of times, and I'm sorry if I have offended you somehow.

Ultimatum: I never said I disliked this thread, neither am I engaging in any combat,maybe I should of added an exclamation mark on the end of my post.
Exclamation mark solves all! Also note how it looks like a person lying with his head down. If I do this 'i!', it forms 69 position! Booyah!
Post edited April 26, 2012 by Fenixp