It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: I just rolled a cart with the following:

Expeditions: Conquistador
Memoria
I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream
Painkiller Black Edition
Lilly Looking Through

I manually added Lilly Looking Through, because when I rolled four pots I got the same low-rank games over and over. Adding a second list game gave much nicer results. Let me know if you want this cart, I'll leave it open for now. If you do, I'd be glad to trade it for a $9.99 game from my wishlist.
Sent you a PM about it. Take your time to reply back. :D
IAmSinistar: *snip*
stg83: Man you're good at this you must be great at the slot machines in Vegas, any tips for unlucky novices like me. All I get with roll after roll are the same five games even when I fill some of the slots with manual selection.
Yeah, Sinistar is using cheats in this promo! :P
stg83: Man you're good at this you must be great at the slot machines in Vegas, any tips for unlucky novices like me. All I get with roll after roll are the same five games even when I fill some of the slots with manual selection.
phaolo: Yeah, Sinistar is using cheats in this promo! :P
I think the mob boss in the back room (AKA the GOG server) has caught me counting cards. My carts are no longer random now and are stuffed with comparative dross.

Oh well, it was a good run, and I can retire on my ill-gotten winnings. ;)
phaolo: Yeah, Sinistar is using cheats in this promo! :P
IAmSinistar: I think the mob boss in the back room (AKA the GOG server) has caught me counting cards. My carts are no longer random now and are stuffed with comparative dross.

Oh well, it was a good run, and I can retire on my ill-gotten winnings. ;)
They probably made it that way on purpose now, that others been exploiting it, because I'm only getting the exact same 5 games over and over now.... all the other common tier games are not even comming up at all.

I did try about 4,50ish times to get erica reed rare, didn't happen once. 6 hours down the drain, sad, I know.
I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have "sales" where there are people walking away feeling bad and/or unlucky... The savings if lucky was rather significant. Couldn't find 5 games to buy, only 3, so nothing for me in the end.
Vehdra: I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have "sales" where there are people walking away feeling bad and/or unlucky...
Good point, but then again, if you don't play the potty game, this sale simply functions as a normal "pick 5" sale.

I admit that they could have done the pot thing better... Maybe list 10 games in each pot, and say that what you will get, is 1 of those. Or maybe instead of listing the games names, just say genres "adventure", "fps" and so on. So people wouldn't buy the kind of genres that they dislike.

One last option would be to make the random games always giftable. The downside is, this could seriously devalue these games. But at least, you could easily trade unwanted games, and keep what you like.

Or does anyone think that GOG left that cheating option in place on purpose? I'm very surprised that it's there. Even I could code a generated html page which wouldn't reveal those pot games. So either they made a huge mistake by not realising that, or maybe they felt like leaving an option to actually "wysiwyg" the games before committing to purchase...
Vehdra: I'm not sure if it's a good idea to have "sales" where there are people walking away feeling bad and/or unlucky...
PixelBoy: Good point, but then again, if you don't play the potty game, this sale simply functions as a normal "pick 5" sale.

I admit that they could have done the pot thing better... Maybe list 10 games in each pot, and say that what you will get, is 1 of those. Or maybe instead of listing the games names, just say genres "adventure", "fps" and so on. So people wouldn't buy the kind of genres that they dislike.

One last option would be to make the random games always giftable. The downside is, this could seriously devalue these games. But at least, you could easily trade unwanted games, and keep what you like.

Or does anyone think that GOG left that cheating option in place on purpose? I'm very surprised that it's there. Even I could code a generated html page which wouldn't reveal those pot games. So either they made a huge mistake by not realising that, or maybe they felt like leaving an option to actually "wysiwyg" the games before committing to purchase...
I feel like at least part of the reason the "cheating" option was left in was because that kind of information is a standard part of their server response during user checkout. They did do their best to hide it client-side with with some extra CSS though, and even generated an entire new a new set of elements to look like the normally-seen checkout list.

I worked a bit with the marketing team for a digital distributor before, and I found that a big part of a promo is actually how easily the website can be reverted to its normal operations after the promo ends. Just changing some CSS and JavaScript for the client is one thing - but once you start changing the server side e-commerce code, it's a way bigger undertaking. You need to involve a lot more people and could cause store-breaking bugs if the transition into/out of the promo isn't smooth.

Anyways, I think they figured people would be so driven to get those rarer games, that they would end up buying most of the common ones regardless of the existence of the "cheating" option. I know I'm slowly going down that path, at least. =D
I thoroughly enjoyed this promotion, and have to say that GOG has a knack for coming up with interesting sales ideas generally (at least in my opinion).

And any promotion that gets me to buy Jack Keane 2 has to be counted as a success by the vendor. :)

Worse still, now I have to buy the first one, because I really hate playing games out of sequence...
I keep rolling the same games and have given up. I get some combination of these:

*Duke Nukem 3d
Aqua kitty
*Penumbra
ittle dew
Giana sisters
*system shock 2

I already own the ones with *s, and I don't want aqua kitty.
How do you check which game you got before paying?

I want to know because I've already got Zombies / Alien Shooters game in steam.
Post edited March 18, 2014 by kokie
Hmm, my luck hasn't entirely deserted me. Rolled a cart for fun and got Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut as two of the pots. So perhaps one's chances do improve if you wait for a bit from the last round of rolls.
IAmSinistar: Hmm, my luck hasn't entirely deserted me. Rolled a cart for fun and got Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut as two of the pots. So perhaps one's chances do improve if you wait for a bit from the last round of rolls.
Hmmm, may I inquire about the three other games?
IAmSinistar: Hmm, my luck hasn't entirely deserted me. Rolled a cart for fun and got Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs and Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut as two of the pots. So perhaps one's chances do improve if you wait for a bit from the last round of rolls.
Grargar: Hmmm, may I inquire about the three other games?
Certainly. They are the rather inescapable Aqua Kitty and Puddle, and the rather excellent I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

In defense of poor Aqua Kitty, I rather like the game and think it is easily worth $2. But then I'm also an Amiga fanatic, and it is deliberately Amigan in nature.
Grargar: Hmmm, may I inquire about the three other games?
IAmSinistar: Certainly. They are the rather inescapable Aqua Kitty and Puddle, and the rather excellent I Have No Mouth And I Must Scream.

In defense of poor Aqua Kitty, I rather like the game and think it is easily worth $2. But then I'm also an Amiga fanatic, and it is deliberately Amigan in nature.
I already have I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and Puddle is something that I would rather avoid. Aqua Kitty looks like a Defender clone to me which isn't that bad. What to do...
Grargar: I already have I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream and Puddle is something that I would rather avoid. Aqua Kitty looks like a Defender clone to me which isn't that bad. What to do...
I'll leave the cart tab open while I go have my dinner, so you have time to think about it. And yes, Aqua Kitty is rather Defender-y.
Post edited March 18, 2014 by IAmSinistar