It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tex Murphy has entered the building!

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure marks the triumphant return of everyone's favorite trenchcoat wearing, fedora bearing private detective, Tex Murphy! Thanks to the power of Kickstarter and legions of devoted fans, Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure is available now--DRM-free on GOG.com--for $19.99! (We're so happy about this that some of us are squeeing like little girls!)

The year is 2050. The place: New San Francisco. Someone has made sure that our rough-around-the-edges hero has forgotten the events of the last seven years. What appears to be the world's worst hangover is just the beginning of Tex's troubles as he tries to recollect just what the hell happened. Stuck in a maze of unsolved murders and hidden agendas, Tex must solve the mystery of his own past and that of the lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Can Tex regain his memory in time to restore what's been lost and stop a terrifying future?

If you have a hankering for old-fashioned FMV with a modern flavor, sleuthing while dropping some pithy one-liners, then look no further than Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure available NOW on PC and Mac, DRM-free for $19.99 on GOG.com!

Important notice!
The Tex Murphy Video Contest is now CLOSED. We are drowning under a torrent of awesome entries and we will announce the winners soon!
that's funny because i found the puzzles easier than those in Pandora Directive or UAKM
Lord_Britania: that's funny because i found the puzzles easier than those in Pandora Directive or UAKM
Yeah the puzzles themselves are super easy. Only thing I have had a hard time with is finding some items in the environment. Should have played on casual for the flashlight twinkle, the game seems designed around it.
The puzzles are alot easier, you never get stuck mainly because the commands you had in the previous games atleast gave a bit of variation to try, now if you can take something it's already shown by a hand icon.
All items you need for something are in the same environment you are.
Plus one whole chapter with "minigames" and the reactor that played like a shooter or any horror game, it just feels a bit hurried for them to finish the game.
Post edited May 10, 2014 by lugum
I understand that a lot of people are upset (though I don't understand why they hate Steam so much), but I think they forget how small BFG is, and how easy it is to miss something promised to a tiny minority.
ThorChild: Well, i'm glad to hear it, but this didn't seem to be the case for this games initial release, or was that just in relation to people that had kickstarted the game? That was the confusion i was alluding too. But it now appears all that is resolved for the backers, and i guess that means the GoG version here never needed a key to run in the first place?

All a bit messy, but hopefully there are some lessons here for other Kickstarted games that go with GoG as well as Steam (and other DD platforms) for their releases.
The GOG version was always DRM-free. The drama was regarding backers only getting a Steam key initially.
If anyone is on the fence about this game and would like to see more gameplay of it first, DansGaming on Twitch is doing a live playthrough of it ( currently 2,099 viewers watching! )
http://www.twitch.tv/dansgaming
Regardless of how the matter was resolved can we all agree that is WAS resolved, the lesson was learnt and we now just want to move on to playing the game?
Cubase: Regardless of how the matter was resolved can we all agree that is WAS resolved, the lesson was learnt and we now just want to move on to playing the game?
Stop being rational, this is the internet.
True, it's getting boring (and when i say that i mean i was on the non-steam side). They give everything they promises, it started badly but ended well.
So now we must leave them a bit, except saying what we truly think about the game itself and if there's any trouble, glitches or whatever tell them kindly and precisely to help them correct it.

The team did a tour de force, making Tex back, a 90's game in the 2010's world.
Post edited May 11, 2014 by Lord_Britania
Adventure game of the year for me. That is all.
Blakes7: Adventure game of the year for me. That is all.
I couldn't agree more, despite the puzzles being a bit on the easy side, Tesla Effect exceeded my expectations by a wide margin - the atmosphere, the humour, the exploration aspect are all beyond stellar.
It's such a shame it doesn't seem to be selling that well. The media blackout surrounding its release didn't help, that's for sure.
Blakes7: Adventure game of the year for me. That is all.
Phaidox: I couldn't agree more, despite the puzzles being a bit on the easy side, Tesla Effect exceeded my expectations by a wide margin - the atmosphere, the humour, the exploration aspect are all beyond stellar.
It's such a shame it doesn't seem to be selling that well. The media blackout surrounding its release didn't help, that's for sure.
Well it's only the first week of the game, so don't push it too quickly ^^'
It's at the top of the GOG charts now, so maybe word of mouth is spreading.
Hmm I wonder if it's at the top of the best selling chart because many backers are activating their GOG keys or because it's selling so good :). If it's the second option it would be great!
MichiGen: Hmm I wonder if it's at the top of the best selling chart because many backers are activating their GOG keys or because it's selling so good :). If it's the second option it would be great!
I wondered too but then again GOG said backer keys were free to request and backer money all went to the developers via Kickstarter. So perhaps that means its not considered a "sale". Here's hoping it is actual sales from the game backers helped make a reality=)