It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Tex Murphy has entered the building!

Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure marks the triumphant return of everyone's favorite trenchcoat wearing, fedora bearing private detective, Tex Murphy! Thanks to the power of Kickstarter and legions of devoted fans, Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure is available now--DRM-free on GOG.com--for $19.99! (We're so happy about this that some of us are squeeing like little girls!)

The year is 2050. The place: New San Francisco. Someone has made sure that our rough-around-the-edges hero has forgotten the events of the last seven years. What appears to be the world's worst hangover is just the beginning of Tex's troubles as he tries to recollect just what the hell happened. Stuck in a maze of unsolved murders and hidden agendas, Tex must solve the mystery of his own past and that of the lost technologies of Nikola Tesla. Can Tex regain his memory in time to restore what's been lost and stop a terrifying future?

If you have a hankering for old-fashioned FMV with a modern flavor, sleuthing while dropping some pithy one-liners, then look no further than Tesla Effect: A Tex Murphy Adventure available NOW on PC and Mac, DRM-free for $19.99 on GOG.com!

Important notice!
The Tex Murphy Video Contest is now CLOSED. We are drowning under a torrent of awesome entries and we will announce the winners soon!
Crosmando: Stop posting reviews from shit sites
zeffyr: ?! Who forces you to read them?
I don't need to read an IGN article to know it's shit, and posting their articles on the Tex release thread on GOG is the equivalent of taking a big dump inside a Church. IGN are the biggest Doritos-eating, Mtn Dew sipping, uneducated dudebro Halo-playing paid-off-by-publisher-shills console kiddie retards in the world. What are you going to do next, spam Kotaku links? Get some dignity.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Crosmando
zeffyr: ?! Who forces you to read them?
Crosmando: I don't need to read an IGN article to know it's shit, and posting their articles on the Tex release thread on GOG is the equivalent of taking a big dump inside a Church.
You don't have to read it, that's once. You don't have to agree with it, that's twice.

But not everyone would be convinced by reviews like:

"TEX IS BACK !
Title say it all !"

What's more, I would like see the minimum character number limit in GOG's review. Two sentences can't be perceived as a proper review per se.
Crosmando: I don't need to read an IGN article to know it's shit, and posting their articles on the Tex release thread on GOG is the equivalent of taking a big dump inside a Church.
zeffyr: You don't have to read it, that's once. You don't have to agree with it, that's twice.

"TEX IS BACK !
Title say it all !"

What's more, I would like see the minimum character number limit in GOG's review. Two sentences can't be perceived as a proper review per se.
Again, the reviewer specifically gave the game a mediocre score simply because it played like a 90's game, that is the type of site they are. This is the kind of attribute which is the opposite of why GOG.com exists.
This game is really excellent. A bit easy perhaps, but hopefully it gets harder. In any case it's spot-on for a Tex Murphy game, feels right out of 1998 with a bit of modern. Love it.
zeffyr: You don't have to read it, that's once. You don't have to agree with it, that's twice.

"TEX IS BACK !
Title say it all !"

don't try to reason Crosmando , it's impossible ;)

as for the article (my english is maybe not perfect) , but it's a fair article , the reviewer clearly said from the start he never could get into a game which relies a lot on FMV , which could explain the review. It could have been a far worse article.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by DyNaer

"TEX IS BACK !
Title say it all !"

DyNaer: don't try to reason Crosmando , it's impossible ;)

as for the article (my english is may not perfect) , but it's a fair article , the rewiever clearly said from the start he never could get into a game whcih really a lot of FMW , which could explain the review.
Disliking the genre (FMV Adventure) is not a valid reason for a bad review, it would be the same if a review site got some people who only plays fighting games to review a turn-based RPG, or someone who only plays FPS to play a point & click adventure, and they gave bad scores simply because they "couldn't get into this type of game". That's why 99.9% of all computer game reviews are shit, because the people who work at sites like IGN are not core gamers, their casuals.
DyNaer: don't try to reason Crosmando , it's impossible ;)

as for the article (my english is may not perfect) , but it's a fair article , the rewiever clearly said from the start he never could get into a game whcih really a lot of FMW , which could explain the review.
Crosmando: Disliking the genre (FMV Adventure) is not a valid reason for a bad review, it would be the same if a review site got some people who only plays fighting games to review a turn-based RPG, or someone who only plays FPS to play a point & click adventure, and they gave bad scores simply because they "couldn't get into this type of game". That's why 99.9% of all computer game reviews are shit, because the people who work at sites like IGN are mentally handicapped.
ookay ....so every article which doesn't match your criteria is shit ?
Crosmando: Disliking the genre (FMV Adventure) is not a valid reason for a bad review, it would be the same if a review site got some people who only plays fighting games to review a turn-based RPG, or someone who only plays FPS to play a point & click adventure, and they gave bad scores simply because they "couldn't get into this type of game". That's why 99.9% of all computer game reviews are shit, because the people who work at sites like IGN are mentally handicapped.
DyNaer: ookay ....so every article which doesn't match your criteria is shit ?
Any review of Tex Murphy by someone who has not played the previous games, is by definition shit.
"inside a Church" :P

He got our point. Now back to work :>
Crosmando: Any review of Tex Murphy by someone who has not played the previous games, is by definition shit.
I don't think a new player of the IP testing and reviewing it is shit.

But saying FMV is not their thing and review with that in mind is shit.

If a video game journalist can't be objective in a review, he must change is job that's all.

A bad review made by a competent man is far more relevant than a good one by a smeghead.

Whatever type of game you reviewed, you must have a clear mind to find the pro and con of the game.
Many thanks to RPGelephant and Judas! You certainly do a much better job at deescalation than Big Finish Games' "customer service"! Hope everything works out and I can finally get my hands on this game by the weekend.

Crosmando: the biggest Doritos-eating, Mtn Dew sipping, uneducated dudebro Halo-playing paid-off-by-publisher-shills console kiddie retards in the world
Truth be told, I'm starting to prefer those to the SJWs.
JudasIscariot: Here's how it works:

"Please give us X amount of keys."

We reply:

"OK, here you go."

That's about it, really. It would be silly to charge developers for keys to their own game :)
Well now that's interesting... Dage Gilbert from Wadjet Eye said he had to really fight to get GOG keys and in fact never got any for Primordia.
Crosmando: Any review of Tex Murphy by someone who has not played the previous games, is by definition shit.
Lord_Britania: I don't think a new player of the IP testing and reviewing it is shit.

But saying FMV is not their thing and review with that in mind is shit.

If a video game journalist can't be objective in a review, he must change is job that's all.

A bad review made by a competent man is far more relevant than a good one by a smeghead.

Whatever type of game you reviewed, you must have a clear mind to find the pro and con of the game.
i really suggest you to read the article & the comments / answers below.

when i read the article , i knew the reviewer will get some minus against this type of game , so i focussed on what's wrong in the game.

so the article isn't perfect : true, the reviewer has an handicap from the start , but the global note / artcile isn't so bad, could have been better, but definitly not shit. I respect opinion but telling an article is shit without read it, is ..welll ; typical from Crosmando. :)

personnaly it worth a 7.5 (if not a bit more) on their standards.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by DyNaer
JudasIscariot: Here's how it works:

"Please give us X amount of keys."

We reply:

"OK, here you go."

That's about it, really. It would be silly to charge developers for keys to their own game :)
SirPrimalform: Well now that's interesting... Dage Gilbert from Wadjet Eye said he had to really fight to get GOG keys and in fact never got any for Primordia.
I don't know anything about that, I am just telling everyone how I see things go down :)
Phasmid: People like steam and don't want it to be drm because drm is bad while steam is good, so they'll do anything to avoid that logic disjunction.
StingingVelvet: I dislike Steam and hate DRM, yet I am somehow still capable of understanding that DRM free on Steam exists. Funny, that.
Yes, there is some DRM free games on steam, but Steam isnt pure drm free.
Origin also contained DRM free games but suddenly They made it so that it was always checking if you had the game on your account/legal version wich lead to a massive shitstorm.
What says Valve wont do it with their client someday down the road?

Also read this :
http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/JoshBycer/20130508/191953/The_DRM_Distinction_of_Steams_Success.php