It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A conflict on a celestial scale!

[url=http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/nexus_the_jupiter_incident/]Nexus: The Jupiter Incident, a story-driven real-time tactical game that puts a fleet of heavily armed spacecrafts at your command, is available on GOG.com for only $9.99!

You are Marcus Cromwell, a young and ambitious captain of a legendary Stiletto spacecraft. As your career begins, a devastating war over precious resources that could grant stellar dominion ensues on the edge of the solar system. Your tactical skill and battle expertise might prove to be the tipping point of the entire conflict that future generations would call “The Jupiter Incident”.

Nexus is a TFS--which stands for a Tactical Fleet Simulation according to the game’s developers--and that seems to be the most adequate of possible descriptions. In over 30 complex missions you will command a fleet of varied spacecrafts in a fully 3D environment, choosing your own tactics to push your forces towards the victory. And between battles you will manage your flotilla--upgrade, enhance and repair your ships with the resources awarded after a successful battle.

Nexus: The Jupiter Incident is a great tactical challenge with astounding visuals that will satisfy strategy gamers and space-opera fans alike, now on GOG.com for only $9.99
El_Caz: Does this game have a skirmish mode to extend the gameplay?
grviper: There's a mod just for that
http://arparso.de/nexus/
Beat me to it. Yeah, you can heavily customize and add any ship in the game and then start watch the battle unfould. It's better against human opponent, but hey, skirmish is fun as well.
El_Caz: Does this game have a skirmish mode to extend the gameplay?
grviper: There's a mod just for that
http://arparso.de/nexus/
Great! Thanks for the link.
What you guys said about this one really sparkled my interest.
TheEnigmaticT: Very much "Pause while your fleet sails merrily into death and destruction and give some orders, because sweet zombie Mohangas, you are outnumbered again."
Oh man, I'd love this...
Wishlisted for now (no money). Anyway, it would probably make my deceased notebook cry :P
andrestv: What you guys said about this one really sparkled my interest.
Wanna sparkle it even more? Remember those space operas you probably watch since you're interested in a sci-fi game? Well buy Nexus and you get just that, full package along with your crew's (and ship-to-ship) chatter and captain logs. Story is linear, but thanks to this it's even better.

edit: this is one of the reasons why I think that official narrated trailer is far better than gog's one.
Post edited July 26, 2012 by Fenixp
dirtyharry50: Disappointed it was not "my game" this week but that is just human nature. This does look like a cool release for those into this type of game and it is an older title so that is cool too.

While I am here though, can we please, please have Ultima IX next week? It would be the virtuous thing to do you know.

Plus, me love GOG long time for Ultima IX.
Hell yeah, give me some Ultima IX!!!

That said, this game looks pretty damn cool too. I might just give it a go.
I for one will be buying the sh*t out of this again and enjoy it! Thank you for bringing this to gog!
Post edited July 26, 2012 by CodeCow
Tolya: Do not forget that there are EXPLOSIONS. Not just capital Explosions, but capital EXPLOSIONS.

The ones that cover all the screen. And not only from exploding ships, there are also weapons which look like huge nuclear explosions only in omg space!

What other incentive do you need?

Seriously, buy this game. It is difficult, challenging and hideously fun. And there are huge EXPLOSIONS in it.
I've never read a better game review than this that could convince me to buy a game:-)
low rated
Jesus, games on gog are becoming more & more expensive. 10 bucks and it's 7 years old.
I'd like another gog please, run by another company.
bouncedk: Jesus, games on gog are becoming more & more expensive. 10 bucks and it's 7 years old.
So you're from Denmark, eh? Go ahead, find a cheaper copy. And now give me another game like Nexus.
TheEnigmaticT: Not really; given that I dislike most adventure, action, and RTS games. :P
TET, you may dislike adventure games in general, but I highly recommend "The Sea will claim everything" by Jonas Kyratzes. While it is an adventure game, it has none of the moon logic item mashing puzzles that older adventure games have, while incorporating striking political and social commentary (which you said you can get elsewhere, but this is light years away from what we usually get from out politicians). The game comes highly recommended and I hope GOG will publish it one day, if not for anything else, then for the sake of having an extraordinary piece of art, as well as a GOOD NEW GAME (one that people won't complain over).
bouncedk: Jesus, games on gog are becoming more & more expensive. 10 bucks and it's 7 years old.
http://www.gog.com/gamecard/tex_murphy_under_a_killing_moon
This one's like... 18 years old and costs 10 bucks.
I was kinda feeling like there were more and more $10 games being released here (and less $6 ones), but I think it has to do with OSTs released with the games (in some cases) and inflation-y stuff. Pirates (w/ a soundtrack) and Interstate '82 are 6 bucks, and the latest TR release is two games in one for 10 bucks.

So as long as GOG isn't trying to make up for lost sales from people not buying their games because they don't work on their machines as "promised" (just a silly theory), I'm okay.

And GOG has a bit of competition. Dotemu, just to mention one.
Post edited July 26, 2012 by tfishell
tfishell: I was kinda feeling like there were more and more $10 games being released here (and less $6 ones), but I think it has to do with OSTs released with the games (in some cases) and inflation-y stuff. Pirates (w/ a soundtrack) and Interstate '82 are 6 bucks, and the latest TR release is two games in one for 10 bucks.

So as long as GOG isn't trying to make up for lost sales from people not buying their games because they don't work on their machines as "promised" (just a silly theory), I'm okay.

And GOG has a bit of competition. Dotemu, just to mention one.
Most EAs are 6$ and Ubi is usually the highest they can get. !0$ or 20$ for "new ones".

It depends on the publisher, not on GOG.
There's a lot more games on GOG that are $9.99 and way older. Also, quality is timeless.
Cool! Wishlisted!