It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Featuring music by Jeremy Soule.

Consortium: The Master Edition, a high-tech Sci-Fi adventure combining RPG and first-person shooter gameplay, is available 40% off on GOG.com. That's only $11.99 for the next 48 hours!

Game One of the iDGi-1 Trilogy. Taking place entirely aboard a massive futuristic aircraft, CONSORTIUM is a first person science-fiction role-playing experience unlike any other. The story begins in our world - the "real world" - where we here at Interdimensional Games have developed a satellite (iDGi-1) capable of opening a digital rift through time and space… Anyone can log on and travel through this rift and awaken within an alternate dimension from our own - the "game world" - in the year 2042.

In Consortium: The Master Edition you'll act as detective investigating an on-board murder, while simultaneously playing peacemaker to a large band of mercenaries who seem to want YOU dead. Or play diplomacy with a smoking barrel, and let the tragedies continue to mount. The story unfolds based largely on your actions. You may use diplomacy and talk your way through the entire game - never shooting anyone! OR, decide to use deadly or non-lethal force. The game features an all original orchestral score by award winning composer Jeremy Soule (available as a bonus MP3 download)!

Step through the digital rift and prepare for one of the most original gaming adventures you've ever had, with Consortium: The Master Edition for only $11.99 on GOG.com. The special 40% release discount offer lasts until Thursday, May 1, at 9:59AM GMT.
Jinxtah: Where the italics paragraph begins:

Game One of the iDGi-1 Trilogy
Wafflecones: Huh, I just interpreted that as them making a trilogy of games.

That being said, I heard that this game has 8-ish hours of gameplay, which is much more generous than most other episodic games.
Here's a review from The Escapist:
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/editorials/reviews/10928-Consortium-Review-Subversively-Meta-Role-playing

Here's the line I wanted to show you in case you can't be bothered to read all of it (which is fair enough):

"The game feels too short, it ends on a cliffhanger"

There's more in that paragraph in the review which is interesting to read about the episode and the length, but I'll leave it up to the individual reader to read it for themselves (or not).

As a side note, I'm fairly impressed what they've done with their $70k kickstarter campaign. I had no idea this game existed before today. Their team looks very professional (worked on several big titles in the past).
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/idgi/consortium-0 for the curious.
Post edited April 30, 2014 by Jinxtah
Bought. Thanks GOG, I always appreciate new and original titles like this. :)
Can someone who backed this confirm whether the game was meant to be part of a trilogy in the first place? (see no mention of it on the basic KS page)
Bought as well. Keep bringing in the gems!
Just added to my backlog :D Keep 'em coming!
GOG.com: Featuring music by Jeremy Soule.
hmcpretender: This is already reason enough to buy it...
That was my reaction, too.
Bought for the music, the interesting premise & hopefully it will keep me intrigued hehe
Heh, as it is Source engine and DRM-free game it has few small and funny bugs for Steam haters:
1. Options menu is in the language of your Steam interface - e.g. if have Steam in Polish, menu is in Polish, if you have Steam in Czech, it is in Czech (Steam don't need to be running, it is set in windows registry)
2. When you want to quit Consortium there is window asking about quiting Portal 2
3. When Consortium is running, and you want to quit Steam, it ask you to quit Consortium first...
JudasIscariot: UPDATE: This has turned out to be a false alarm. There is nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Hi all,

Got word from the developer:

Please be aware that there is a new version of the game coming that will invalidate in-progress saves. Saves with the game completed will NOT be affected :)

Thank you for reading :)
When will that be out? I'm holding out on downloading the game then (although I guess you'll just have a patch ready anyway for people who already downloaded the game)

cyboff: Heh, as it is Source engine and DRM-free game it has few small and funny bugs for Steam haters:
1. Options menu is in the language of your Steam interface - e.g. if have Steam in Polish, menu is in Polish, if you have Steam in Czech, it is in Czech (Steam don't need to be running, it is set in windows registry)
2. When you want to quit Consortium there is window asking about quiting Portal 2
3. When Consortium is running, and you want to quit Steam, it ask you to quit Consortium first...
Well, that's annoying anywas, Steam hater or not.
Niggles: Can someone who backed this confirm whether the game was meant to be part of a trilogy in the first place? (see no mention of it on the basic KS page)
It is part of a trilogy. I purchased it when it first came out but the game has had a TON of bugs. They've been good about updating and installing patches as the game needs them but it has a long way to go until it's perfect. It's a fun game when it works but I would recommend waiting until all the bugs are fixed.
JudasIscariot: UPDATE: This has turned out to be a false alarm. There is nothing to see here, move along. ;)

Hi all,

Got word from the developer:

Please be aware that there is a new version of the game coming that will invalidate in-progress saves. Saves with the game completed will NOT be affected :)

Thank you for reading :)
Reever: When will that be out? I'm holding out on downloading the game then (although I guess you'll just have a patch ready anyway for people who already downloaded the game)

cyboff: Heh, as it is Source engine and DRM-free game it has few small and funny bugs for Steam haters:
Reever: Well, that's annoying anywas, Steam hater or not.
Why doesnt the dev fix those issues?
Niggles: Why doesnt the dev fix those issues?
For English speaking devs such bugs are quite hidden, also I found them by accident ;) But it looks like it is easy to fix, so maybe in next patch...
Is anybody else experiencing a bug where you cannot see the inventory menu after picking up items in the virtual reality/tutorial room?