It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The kickstarter funding really seems to have stopped now. That's too bad.
I never expected such a great game would fail miserably. I don't wanna live on this planet anymore!
Post edited April 19, 2014 by amuleth
They need to do a push with Youtubers and the like for at least the last 72 hours
If I remember didn't Divinity do that and get a lot of money with it?
SovietSharkey: They need to do a push with Youtubers and the like for at least the last 72 hours
If I remember didn't Divinity do that and get a lot of money with it?
Do they even have money to pay YouTubers? The big-name ones ask for a lot of money to cover games in their videos, and I don't think reaching out to small YouTubers would do this project that much good. It surely wouldn't hurt, but it wouldn't help much.
The first gameplay video has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DgXpmIY5BM

It looks nice but I don't think it's enough to attract new comers IMHO. They should have used some new character models at least. Also what happened to these beautiful ripples? (It was the first thing that made me say WHOA! when I first played the original)
Post edited April 23, 2014 by amuleth
I haven't checked on this for a week while I was away, and I'm frankly amazed by how much stagnation there has been in the funding. I expected it to at least trickle up to $300K in that time. I'm not sure how they could rally at this point, unless some organisation came in and pledged half the goal.
IAmSinistar: I haven't checked on this for a week while I was away, and I'm frankly amazed by how much stagnation there has been in the funding. I expected it to at least trickle up to $300K in that time. I'm not sure how they could rally at this point, unless some organisation came in and pledged half the goal.
It is really unfortunate, I guess this the end for Outcast as a viable franchise with such an underwhelming response apart from the fans of the original there aren't a lot of other people interested in the game it seems.
stg83: It is really unfortunate, I guess this the end for Outcast as a viable franchise with such an underwhelming response apart from the fans of the original there aren't a lot of other people interested in the game it seems.
I believe the game could be revived with a proper sequel. Then if that succeeds go back and do a deluxe remake of the original along these lines. Trying to drum up a ton of money to recreate a game that is still playable seems like a bit of a non-starter to me.

Given how much progress they've made already, I don't see why they can't finish it themselves and then put it out there. I don't know what exactly the funding is supposed to pay for at this point, since they have so many assets already, along with the new engine.
IAmSinistar: *snip*
It seems they are just not that efficient about how to use their money because there are a lot of assets they are reusing and yet they asked for 600K for a HD revamp of the game. The reason they gave for doing this HD remake instead of a sequel is that a proper AAA sequel would cost a lot of money somewhere around 20+ million. Their main goal with this was to broaden the audience which didn't really pan out as we can see.
Post edited April 29, 2014 by stg83
@stg83

Well what they have shown so far simply isnt enought to attract new people...that DOESNT mean they would have to just give up. In Steam Greenlight they moved the project from "concepts" to the area where you get to to vote games to Steam and so far its 77% on its way to top-100.

For sure they are not going to reach 600k in Kickstarter, but clearly the game has enough supporters that they could try to gather funds for it in 2-parts....first 100 000-150 000 so they could really create more content, possibly even finish Shamazaar and release that as playable demo....with that demo they would have then MUCH easier time to get people interested in phase-2 of the funding, either in another Kickstarter event or in Steam Early-Access if it indeed gets enough votes at Greenlight.

I've already said that couple of times now, thatperfectly example of such is Bugbear's "Next-Car-Game" that also failed in Kickstarter, but they got enough votes in Steam Greenlight, got to Early-Access phase and released playable demo there, they managed to get all the funding they originally tried to get at Kickstater and more....

So there is no reason whatsoever for the team to give up, in all honesty there simply wasnt enough ingame content ready to get enough people excited to reach that over-optimistic 600 000 goal....there are roughly around 30 games that have made that much money (or more) in Kickstarter, and many who have failed, like "Next-Car-Game" have found other ways to get the funds they wanted.

Overall the game has almost 5000 backers and its going to achieve roughly 50% of its goal, 300k, so its not grand failure, the 600k in this early development phase was simply over-optimistic goal
Balnazzardi: *snip*
Thanks for the explanation, it is good know that they are doing well on Steam Greenlight. I sure hope so that Fresh3D doesn't give up on this and try on Early Access like Bugbear. I also hope that they learn from this experience and the next time they do better with another campaign. The Kickstarter although not a grand failure, is still a failure as they won't be getting any money out of it. I would still very much like to see them succeed like Bugbear despite the Kickstarter setback. :)
Balnazzardi: Bugbear's "Next-Car-Game" that also failed in Kickstarter, but they got enough votes in Steam Greenlight, got to Early-Access phase and released playable demo there, they managed to get all the funding they originally tried to get at Kickstater and more...
"This game has been Greenlit by the Community!"

:)
Post edited April 29, 2014 by DreadMoth
It looks like it could be a cool game, I'm sorry to see it might not hit the goal.
That's great news.
Still hopeful this game will get some kind of release.

In other news they crosslinked to another game undergoing funding, The Universim. Looks promising as well, and would be nice to see it on GOG if it makes.