It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Darvond: I wonder why that is?
Because 100th zombie game didn't manage to sell 5th console on the market enough? Yeah, it is better to stay producing same product again and again for your slowly dying fanbase.
Starmaker: edit: O think I should elaborate. No, I don't always insult people I don't agree with, it depends on teh actual subject of disagreement.
If you say "homos", you're a shitstain. If you say "forced eviction of poor disabled black people is a 'first world problem'", you're a shitstain. If you concern troll for excuses for such behavior, you're one, too.
Come on..you are just trying to get the low rated in red next to your posts which means they are basically the only ones which will be read in a thread like this. :D
Darvond: You know, I'm pretty sure that despite all the comparisons that people make with Disney and Nintendo, I daresay that Disney would have already gotten this issue resolved.

Or at the least, they would have given a solid reply.
It's a Japanese company. Saying "it's going to be very difficult" is their way of saying it's impossible try again. Giving a seemingly wishy washy no is likewise a no, it's just that the culture seems to encourage not being too direct with things of this nature.

I could be wrong, if somebody knows better please correct me. That's just what I understand from friends that have gone to Japan to work.
Azrael360: I don't get all the fuss about this, I mean, it's a Nintendo game after all, not a Rockstar game! (:P)

Nintendo —> Games and systems for kids and family.

Rockstar Games —> Games with mature content.

I would understand if the issue was in a Rockstar game, but for a Nintendo game...? C'mon people, get real (:P)
The issue is that this isn't mature content. They're not having people fucking each other in the game in any visible way, it's pretty much just flirting and dating.

Apart from homophobes, nobody considers this to be adult content.
Post edited May 09, 2014 by hedwards
Update: Nintendo Apologizes for lack of Same Sex relations!
Good, now all they need to do is apologize for Gyromite and we can get on with our lives. :D
tinyE: Good, now all they need to do is apologize for Gyromite and we can get on with our lives. :D
You're demanding the impossible. Let's demand Mother 3 worldwide instead.
tinyE: Good, now all they need to do is apologize for Gyromite and we can get on with our lives. :D
Darvond: You're demanding the impossible. Let's demand Mother 3 worldwide instead.
I wish. Why they keep ignoring the Mother series is beyond me. I know its not a well known rpg series, however it has s a cult following in the states still. All they need to do is advertise it more. Though no, they rather be safe, make another mario game, zelda game, smash bros game, whatever.
Toast_burner: So yeah you are delusional. How is giving gay people the same rights as everyone else an attack on religion? Do you also think that letting black people in the military is an attack on whites?
monkeydelarge: Yeah, go burn some more toast or even better, burn yourself with the toaster. OR for some extra points, shove that toaster up your ass.
Just saw your post regarding how letting gay people be open about it would a 'fuck you' to all religious people. Not all religions or religious people are against gay people; just curious why you think religion is relevant in the military.
ONE DOES NOT APOLOGISE FOR GYROMITE! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvCCgPDcnvQ)
Post edited May 09, 2014 by Glasswolf
I won't be happy till i can romance a sheep.
scampywiak: I won't be happy till i can romance a sheep.
So gay relationships are like dating animals in your eyes? Or is it a complaint about people whining to get their way; do tell.
scampywiak: I won't be happy till i can romance a sheep.
Glasswolf: So gay relationships are like dating animals in your eyes? Or is it a complaint about people whining to get their way; do tell.
The latter of course, as much as you wanted to see otherwise. It's a Nintendo creation, not the fans. The fans don't get to whine about this because, well, it's art. Plain and simple. You don't get to tell an artist what to do. At all.
Glasswolf: So gay relationships are like dating animals in your eyes? Or is it a complaint about people whining to get their way; do tell.
scampywiak: You don't get to tell an artist what to do. At all.
Sure you do. That's how society works. The artist can ignore it if he/she wants, but you don't get to tell people what they can whine about or not. Plain and simple.
Briareos262: I wish. Why they keep ignoring the Mother series is beyond me. I know its not a well known rpg series, however it has s a cult following in the states still. All they need to do is advertise it more. Though no, they rather be safe, make another mario game, zelda game, smash bros game, whatever.
You don't place cult characters in your only crossover series.

...On the other hand, if Captain Falcon appears again, perhaps they do.
scampywiak: The latter of course, as much as you wanted to see otherwise. It's a Nintendo creation, not the fans. The fans don't get to whine about this because, well, it's art. Plain and simple. You don't get to tell an artist what to do. At all.
Yes, that's true, the artist's choice is thier choice, but (condensed from an earlier post I made) video games are a unique art form; they need your involvement to function, and many see the artistic integrity of video games comprimised due to design changes either during creation that differ from what the original creator originally intended/through DLC that changes the core mechanics or through the fact that video games, much like most movies and mainstream music, is made first and foremost as a product designed to get money over being an art piece. Look at Pheonix Wright for example; the original creator only wanted to make the first three games, but Capcom said no, booted him from the project and kept making it. You can see why some people don't really view it as 'proper' art in the sense of having integrity.

The 'need your involvement to function' part gives people a sense of ownership, of entitlement, due to the unique nature of video games, one that admittedly is not really fair, but is there. Most games fall into two broad categorys; you take on the role of a character, or you take on the role of yourself in a game world. The latter is why character customisation exists; a lot of people want to play representing themselves in a certain way eg. a black woman may want to be a black woman in the game because it makes her feel more comfortable. Sexuality isn't as cosmetic and obvious, and most of the time irrelevant...except when romance is a feature. In this case, being able to realise yourself in one way, but not another, can create frustration, discord - loss of immersion. For some it can remind them how simply not thought of they are - others take it to an extreme and see it as an outright sign of them not being accepted. This is why people voice thier opinions on this so strongly; because they feel they aren't being acknowledged as members of society in a game that acknowledges a large amount of it, and caters to thier particular needs (mainly through the character creation). Some people need that acknowledgement that they *are* a normal part of society, and some just want to take part in a mainstream experience without feeling like they are somehow 'different' from everyone else.

Nintendo is perfectly valid in choosing to not change thier product to reflect the wishes of some of it's players, but at the same time Nintendo - and many large games companies - make thier games with profit in mind first and foremost; even Ubisoft's Child of Light was designed to look like some pretty Indie game to capatalise off more legitimate artworks because those are selling. The artistic vision is there, but it'd be silly to pretend it legitimately outweighed the profitability aspect of the work. If that was the case, the artistic integrity of Mass Effect 3's ending would of been defended to the death of EA itself. What Nintendo's done is it's decided it costs too much to alter the game now, so in the sequal will make the nessecary allowances because it knows there's money in it. That's all; there's nothing to do with art there.
Briareos262: I wish. Why they keep ignoring the Mother series is beyond me. I know its not a well known rpg series, however it has s a cult following in the states still. All they need to do is advertise it more. Though no, they rather be safe, make another mario game, zelda game, smash bros game, whatever.
Darvond: You don't place cult characters in your only crossover series.

...On the other hand, if Captain Falcon appears again, perhaps they do.
Don't be silly; NEED MOAR POKEMON AND ZELDA AND MARIO CHARACTERS YO! Wtp Magikarp and King Boo, yoooooooooooooo!
Post edited May 09, 2014 by Glasswolf
Glasswolf: Don't be silly; NEED MOAR POKEMON AND ZELDA AND MARIO CHARACTERS YO! Wtp Magikarp and King Boo, yoooooooooooooo!
I don't mind character representation, but it has always baffled me why they feel the need to draw from the ass to fill in characters for their Mario Party, Kart, and sports when those positions could easily be filled by characters from other Nintendo franchises.