It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Toast_burner: But people are free to talk about their personal lives in the military. If you want to tell everyone you're a Muslim or Christian, if you're married to someone of the opposite sex or single. You are allowed to do that.
It has nothing to do with keeping peoples personal lives out of it, if it did then all those things I listed before would also be banned. Either you're delusional or lying so to hide that you're a bigot.
monkeydelarge: A) Everyone is a bigot. You are a bigot too.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot?s=t
The only people I know who aren't bigots are retards.
B) I'm going to assume 90% of your post is trying to tell me, don't ask don't tell is useless. It isn't useless because with don't ask don't tell nobody is forced to reveal their personal gay lives. So it does help people keep their personal gay lives to themselves. Then they can be treated just like everyone else. Obviously, it doesn't work 100% because people have free will and in the end, they do whatever stupid shit they want to do. But it's better than nothing. OR are you trying to tell me Obama got rid of don't ask don't tell in 2011? I just found out. Yes, today people are allowed to be openly gay in the U.S. military but I don't think that was a good move. That move was like a giant "fuck you" to all religious people.
C) I'm not delusional, I'm not lying and I am a bigot just like everyone else but I'm not against gay people. I'm sure those words wont stop you from continuing to be paranoid though.

Toast_burner: Very shameful. They claim that they didn't include it because they didn't want to make social commentary, but by actively deciding to not include it, that's what they done.
Allowing players to choose to have same sex relations in games is not any more a social commentary than allowing straight relations in games.
monkeydelarge: Yes, not doing something that will make them lose a lot of customers and ruin their reputation...very shameful... <- sarcasm...
So yeah you are delusional. How is giving gay people the same rights as everyone else an attack on religion? Do you also think that letting black people in the military is an attack on whites?
I've seen the trailer of this game, and it's just far from The Sims. Why everything must be sex related or politically correct ? If i haven't seen the "fall in love" part in the trailer i wouldn't believe it. It's just a video games gosh.
You know, I'm pretty sure that despite all the comparisons that people make with Disney and Nintendo, I daresay that Disney would have already gotten this issue resolved.

Or at the least, they would have given a solid reply.
Darvond: You know, I'm pretty sure that despite all the comparisons that people make with Disney and Nintendo, I daresay that Disney would have already gotten this issue resolved.

Or at the least, they would have given a solid reply.
I don't know, their record on human rights isn't stellar and that goes back to Walt himself. I still think most of their toys are made in sweat shops.
tinyE: I don't know, their record on human rights isn't stellar and that goes back to Walt himself. I still think most of their toys are made in sweat shops.
But then you get reminded of the LGBBQ rallies they've had at Disney Theme Parks and how they even have a same biological sex couple on a children's show.
I don't get all the fuss about this, I mean, it's a Nintendo game after all, not a Rockstar game! (:P)

Nintendo —> Games and systems for kids and family.

Rockstar Games —> Games with mature content.

I would understand if the issue was in a Rockstar game, but for a Nintendo game...? C'mon people, get real (:P)
Well Nintendo are notorious for being slow adopters to new concepts. It took them quite some time to embrace online game features (and many would argue they still don't quite got it yet) and they are rather over-protective with social features (Friend codes which really limited online play for Wii and DS) I have a feeling they will begin adding features into games where it would fit down the road.

I have also read that this is more to stay out of any legal issues more than anything though. Many countries don't recognize same sex marriages and there are those who still deem such relationships illegal or "Corrupting" towards minors (Russia just brought in new laws that turned the Sims 4 into a 18+ game because of same sex relationships) so again this is Nintendo trying to play it safe legally.
Azrael360: I don't get all the fuss about this, I mean, it's a Nintendo game after all, not a Rockstar game! (:P)

Nintendo —> Games and systems for kids and family.

Rockstar Games —> Games with mature content.

I would understand if the issue was in a Rockstar game, but for a Nintendo game...? C'mon people, get real (:P)
That kind of is the problem. To put it another way...
Attachments:
Post edited May 09, 2014 by MasterFoobar
MasterFoobar: That kind of is the problem. To put it another way...
The couple on the right are only holding! I'm more offended by the one on the left! They're exchanging fluid! >:C
MasterFoobar: That kind of is the problem. To put it another way...
Darvond: The couple on the right are only holding! I'm more offended by the one on the left! They're exchanging fluid! >:C
Yeah, that was intentional to some degree. I find the idea that gay couples are inherently offensive or fall under the banner of “mature content” to be rather unfortunate. Imagine if Nintendo had excluded biracial couples because they “never intended to make any form of social commentary”.
I always imagined an average Nintendo customer is 40+ dude living in suburbs who remember playing Donkey Kong as a kid fondly and wants to create same memories in his kids' minds, so he keeps buying Mario game after another Mario game each year.
At least they released Wii Fit and Wii Sports to create some new customers.

No wonder nobody speaks about its 20th sequels nowadays. Even Call of Duty creators could envy them their careful investment strategy.
MasterFoobar: Yeah, that was intentional to some degree. I find the idea that gay couples are inherently offensive or fall under the banner of “mature content” to be rather unfortunate. Imagine if Nintendo had excluded biracial couples because they “never intended to make any form of social commentary”.
I probably would have cheered you for being progressive if the men had been kissing, but that's because I'm in a yaoi mood today.
Rinu: At least they released Wii Fit and Wii Sports to create some new customers.
Customers who didn't exactly come flocking back when Wii Fit U or Wii Sports whatever came onto the U.

I wonder why that is?
Post edited May 09, 2014 by Darvond
low rated
monkeydelarge: A) Everyone is a bigot. You are a bigot too.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/bigot?s=t
The only people I know who aren't bigots are retards.
B) I'm going to assume 90% of your post is trying to tell me, don't ask don't tell is useless. It isn't useless because with don't ask don't tell nobody is forced to reveal their personal gay lives. So it does help people keep their personal gay lives to themselves. Then they can be treated just like everyone else. Obviously, it doesn't work 100% because people have free will and in the end, they do whatever stupid shit they want to do. But it's better than nothing. OR are you trying to tell me Obama got rid of don't ask don't tell in 2011? I just found out. Yes, today people are allowed to be openly gay in the U.S. military but I don't think that was a good move. That move was like a giant "fuck you" to all religious people.
C) I'm not delusional, I'm not lying and I am a bigot just like everyone else but I'm not against gay people. I'm sure those words wont stop you from continuing to be paranoid though.

Yes, not doing something that will make them lose a lot of customers and ruin their reputation...very shameful... <- sarcasm...
Toast_burner: So yeah you are delusional. How is giving gay people the same rights as everyone else an attack on religion? Do you also think that letting black people in the military is an attack on whites?
Yeah, go burn some more toast or even better, burn yourself with the toaster. OR for some extra points, shove that toaster up your ass.
Post edited May 09, 2014 by monkeydelarge
Oh noes! Someone better call the whaaaaaaaambulance!
Funny that this has been out for a year in Japan and this debate just now surfaced. xD I get all the point's going on, and their response was a bit shallow, but NOA is just localizing the game for us. So it's got to be pretty hard for them just to add more to the game in that aspect, since they never developed it. NOA may be able to, I can't say for certain. Just remember the Japanese copy never had it either, and that came out in 2013.

More to my point...

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-apologizes-for-not-putting-gay-marriage-in-tom-1574185262?utm_campaign=Socialflow_Kotaku_Facebook&amp;utm_source=Kotaku_Facebook&amp;utm_medium=Socialflow
Post edited May 09, 2014 by Omega729