It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klumpen0815: *sigh*
You want me to write, that it's natural for the future of my species to be straight and other preferences are created by some circumstances and then you want to start some BS, right? Forget it. I don't care enough for other peoples sexual preferences for stuff like that.
tinyE: No, I don't argue with people like that. I just leave you behind and feel sorry for you. :D
Feel free to believe the 70s myth of genetic reasons for homosexuality as long as you like, I don't feel sorry for you, because that would be disrespectful and as said, I don't care.

Whoa dude, do you hit F5 all the time?
The response came in SECONDS, so I didn't even have time for a single correction to make myself more clear.
Seems a bit neurotic.
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Klumpen0815
Haaaha! You folks see the pampa cactuar avi needles, and already giggle in content, ready to get popcorn but not this time, I won't be me in this thread, as I have promised to you all.. :)

I post just to share a link, isn't this news a year old?

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/123948-Nintendo-Patches-Out-Same-Sex-Marriage-in-Tomodachi-Collection
No, that was a different story about a previous game.
MasterFoobar: No, that was a different story about a previous game.
Actually the Japanese version of the same game, released in April 2013.
MasterFoobar: No, that was a different story about a previous game.
koima57: Actually the Japanese version of the same game, released in April 2013.
According to wikipedia:

Tomodachi Collection
“Tomodachi Collection (トモダチコレクション?, lit. "Friend Collection") is a life simulation handheld video game for the Nintendo DS, released exclusively in Japan on June 18, 2009. A sequel, Tomodachi Life, was released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan in April 2013, and is due for release in North America and Europe in June 2014.”

Tomodachi Life
"Tomodachi Life, known in Japan as Tomodachi Collection: New Life (トモダチコレクション 新生活 Tomodachi Korekushon: Shin Seikatsu?), is a life simulation handheld video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS, and the direct sequel to the Japan-exclusive Nintendo DS title, Tomodachi Collection. It was first released in Japan on April 18, 2013, and will be released in North America and Europe on June 6, 2014, thus making it the first Tomodachi game to be released outside of Japan. The game was the best-selling game in Japan during the week of its release, selling about 404,858 units. As of December 31, 2013, its sales total 1.82 million."

It would seem you are correct... I think...
Post edited May 08, 2014 by MasterFoobar
tinyE: While I think you make a point, since when is sexual preference a "habit"? You don't call having blond hair a habit or being right handed a habit.
Klumpen0815: Since there never could be made a genetic link to it, although it was claimed for decades without any proof.
Turned out to be wrong, it's a matter of social development, so the comparison is invalid, although many people dye their hair.
Erm, no. Sorry, but from a scientific point of view, tinyE is completely correct on that one.

Homosexuality is a phenomenon that, so far, has been found in every single culture that has been analyzed. Take a homosexuality-friendly environment like aristocratic Rome, you'll find homosexual behavior (no surprise there). Take an extremely homosexuality-hostile environment like the European high medieval (homosexuality was a death offense), you'll find homosexual behavior. Take a "primitive" culture like the Andamans that lived for centuries without any outside influence, you'll find homosexual behavior. And so on.

If a phenomenon is present in every culture, no matter how diverse these cultures are, around the globe and throughout history, which level of proof do you need to accept that it most probably has an culture-independent component? Moreover, why should the burden of proof be solely on the side of genetics? Shouldn't it be the proponents of the "cultural emergence" theory that need to provide proof why homosexuality could possibly be culturally induced when it appears in every culture, no matter how different they are from each other?
Post edited May 08, 2014 by Psyringe
koima57: Actually the Japanese version of the same game, released in April 2013.
MasterFoobar: According to wikipedia:

Tomodachi Collection
“Tomodachi Collection (トモダチコレクション?, lit. "Friend Collection") is a life simulation handheld video game for the Nintendo DS, released exclusively in Japan on June 18, 2009. A sequel, Tomodachi Life, was released for the Nintendo 3DS in Japan in April 2013, and is due for release in North America and Europe in June 2014.”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tomodachi_Life]Tomodachi Life
"Tomodachi Life, known in Japan as Tomodachi Collection: New Life (トモダチコレクション 新生活 Tomodachi Korekushon: Shin Seikatsu?), is a life simulation handheld video game developed and published by Nintendo for the Nintendo 3DS, and the direct sequel to the Japan-exclusive Nintendo DS title, Tomodachi Collection. It was first released in Japan on April 18, 2013, and will be released in North America and Europe on June 6, 2014, thus making it the first Tomodachi game to be released outside of Japan. The game was the best-selling game in Japan during the week of its release, selling about 404,858 units. As of December 31, 2013, its sales total 1.82 million."
Yes, this article is of 2013 about the 3DS one, its title shortened to New Life for international release it seems, as the linked Kotaku news is about Mii's, and the 3DS recently released game.

Wow.. So, that makes it a two for Big N about close to similar issues, on the same game.
Klumpen0815: Video games are art and artists can implement whatever they want.
Totally agree, and consumers can say "you had gay relationships in your game, now you have removed them, you are a homophobic piece of shit and I am not going to buy your game and draw other peoples' attention to this so that they can decide for themselves what they wish to do."

Freedom in action!

Klumpen0815: Gosh, the most absurd thing about this is, that these people actually want to force their social habits upon artists while claiming, that others force their social habits on them. This hypocrisy really blows my mind.
I find this statement amusing for a number of reasons.

Firstly "these people". Who are these people? Am I one of them? I'm not gay but I think that games about relationships should include, as a default, the option of having a gay relationship.

Secondly, "social habits". What social habits do you think they are forcing upon these artists? Are they making them have sex with people of the same gender?

Thirdly, given that the game already had that option, prior to being patched, what additional "social habits" do you think it is forcing on the artists?
Dischord: I still find it hard to believe that people don't keep their sexual preferences and/or experiences to themselves. To me, it is just a matter of respect that transcends either polarity.

Personally, I have about as much interest in your sexuality as your bowel movements; keep them private, please.
Don't ask, don't tell. :)
monkeydelarge: Don't ask, don't tell. :)
I guess, but the world has no business in your personal life; jmo.
monkeydelarge: Don't ask, don't tell. :)
Dischord: I guess, but the world has no business in your personal life; jmo.
I'm saying, the army has a good way of dealing with this issue.
monkeydelarge: I'm saying, the army has a good way of dealing with this issue.
Perhaps, but they just try to reflect what is put upon them.

I was in the military and couldn't care less about these matters. Follow orders, do your job, and no time for sideline/personal issues.

Execute your function and the rest is your business.
Dischord: I guess, but the world has no business in your personal life; jmo.
Firing someone when it's discovered they're in a same sex relationship?
tinyE: I'm a guy. Contrary to what I may look like it would be a little hard for me to have a same sex relationship with a girl. :P
Hard...but not impossible! ;>
MasterFoobar: Firing someone when it's discovered they're in a same sex relationship?
Don't know if directed to me, sorry, but if the parameters of employment were known at the time of accepting the position, yes.