It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

grunthos64: Zelda Classic? Ya I have it, somehow its legit and Nintendo knows about it too. Also a good template for running zelda mods
Oh yeah, it's legit, Armageddon games got the rights to it for real, and it's legitimately free. But I swear I think they turned up the difficulty on it. LOL

Just in case anyone was reading and didn't realize you could play the original classic Zelda on PC and that it was free, here is the download. And it is 100% legit, not a pirate site. As I said, Armageddon games got the rights to it.
Post edited May 01, 2014 by OldFatGuy
niniendowarrior: I generally do not enjoy Zelda games. Not even Ocarina. There! I said it!
grunthos64: What about Link to the Past! A classic! But with your username and that avatar, looked like its from Zelda.........odd
OldFatGuy: The second one, I don't remember what it was called, maybe just Zelda 2??? It was for the regular NES like the first one.

Yeah, my favorite in the series is the third one (Link to the Past) followed by the first one. The second one was fun, despite being different, until the end when it became brutally unfair. I never beat that game despite literally hundreds of attempts, and my son suffered the exact same fate. You should hear us speak of that game when we see each other now and talk about Zelda. I may have actually took the cartridge out and shot it, although that might have been in a dream so don't quote me on that.

By the way, have you tried the free version of the first one on PC??? They claim it's an exact replica, but either they made it harder or I really suck at that game now in my old age. I've been firing it up occasionally over the past few weeks and getting my ass handed to me quickly and often. I just don't remember dying that often when playing it before.
grunthos64: Zelda Classic? Ya I have it, somehow its legit and Nintendo knows about it too. Also a good template for running zelda mods
I have no love for the 2D Zelda games. It stopped with Zelda 1. LOL!
grunthos64: What about Link to the Past! A classic! But with your username and that avatar, looked like its from Zelda.........odd

Zelda Classic? Ya I have it, somehow its legit and Nintendo knows about it too. Also a good template for running zelda mods
niniendowarrior: I have no love for the 2D Zelda games. It stopped with Zelda 1. LOL!

your dismissing the greatest game of all time! Link To The Past is what made me a real gamer.
niniendowarrior: I have no love for the 2D Zelda games. It stopped with Zelda 1. LOL!
grunthos64: ........................................................................

your dismissing the greatest game of all time! Link To The Past is what made me a real gamer.
I started gaming well before Zelda 1 and got frustrated with that game. I actually liked Zelda 2 more than Zelda 1, but just don't really care for the series in general.
grunthos64: ........................................................................

niniendowarrior: I started gaming well before Zelda 1 and got frustrated with that game. I actually liked Zelda 2 more than Zelda 1, but just don't really care for the series in general.
I started with the NES and played well before getting into the series, but I was sold as a gamer when playing Link to the Past. Would play it at least once a year for the longest time when I still had my SNES. Loved finding everything in it and doing everything there is to do. Great story, characters, graphics, it was magical. Ocarina of Time could never measure up to that
niniendowarrior: I started gaming well before Zelda 1 and got frustrated with that game. I actually liked Zelda 2 more than Zelda 1, but just don't really care for the series in general.
grunthos64: I started with the NES and played well before getting into the series, but I was sold as a gamer when playing Link to the Past. Would play it at least once a year for the longest time when I still had my SNES. Loved finding everything in it and doing everything there is to do. Great story, characters, graphics, it was magical. Ocarina of Time could never measure up to that
OoT was awesome from a novelty perspective to see the platforming changes and game designs vs Super Mario 64. As for actually finishing that game... eeeeeeeeh...
grunthos64: I started with the NES and played well before getting into the series, but I was sold as a gamer when playing Link to the Past. Would play it at least once a year for the longest time when I still had my SNES. Loved finding everything in it and doing everything there is to do. Great story, characters, graphics, it was magical. Ocarina of Time could never measure up to that
niniendowarrior: OoT was awesome from a novelty perspective to see the platforming changes and game designs vs Super Mario 64. As for actually finishing that game... eeeeeeeeh...
ya I kept putting it down at the Forest Temple every time, more boredom than rage quitting. Odd isn't it?
OldFatGuy: Oh yeah, it's legit, Armageddon games got the rights to it for real, and it's legitimately free. But I swear I think they turned up the difficulty on it. LOL

Just in case anyone was reading and didn't realize you could play the original classic Zelda on PC and that it was free, here is the download. And it is 100% legit, not a pirate site. As I said, Armageddon games got the rights to it.
Thanks for that -- got it bookmarked now. Will check it out later!
Yeah, I replayed Link to the Past more than any other game I've ever replayed I think. I've since placed a few titles above it on my all time favorite list, but it's still up there, as is one.

And I got started with Pong (which I still have). Then some sort of cheap Atari system in the 70's (which I don't have) and then got really serious with the Intellivision (which I still have) as that was right around the time my son was born and my excuse was I was buying all of those games for him to play. LOL
Oh -- and if anyone remembers, there's still a game up for grabs here :-P

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post72066
niniendowarrior: OoT was awesome from a novelty perspective to see the platforming changes and game designs vs Super Mario 64. As for actually finishing that game... eeeeeeeeh...
grunthos64: ya I kept putting it down at the Forest Temple every time, more boredom than rage quitting. Odd isn't it?
I also tried a few Zelda games... Spirit Towers... Wind Waker... and that other Wind Waker clone on the DS. Nope and nope. Clearly I'm just not that crazy for Zelda at all.
OldFatGuy: Yeah, I replayed Link to the Past more than any other game I've ever replayed I think. I've since placed a few titles above it on my all time favorite list, but it's still up there, as is one.

And I got started with Pong (which I still have). Then some sort of cheap Atari system in the 70's (which I don't have) and then got really serious with the Intellivision (which I still have) as that was right around the time my son was born and my excuse was I was buying all of those games for him to play. LOL
Only other game I love replaying alot is Castlevania Symphony of the Night. Best Metroidvania game ever, its a certain kind of sub genre that is real big on the indie game scene these days so we get plenty of them now like Cave Story and Unepic just to name a few. Terraria and Starbound are kind of metroidvania meets minecraft as well.
grunthos64: ya I kept putting it down at the Forest Temple every time, more boredom than rage quitting. Odd isn't it?
niniendowarrior: I also tried a few Zelda games... Spirit Towers... Wind Waker... and that other Wind Waker clone on the DS. Nope and nope. Clearly I'm just not that crazy for Zelda at all.
Like I said, the DS Zelda games blew. Do yourself a favor and if you got a 3ds or want a 3ds.....play Link Between Worlds.
Post edited May 01, 2014 by grunthos64
blakstar: Oh -- and if anyone remembers, there's still a game up for grabs here :-P

But... I DON"T KNOW WHAT IT IS! "sulks in corner"

Also, on an unrelated note, I've started a "choose your own adventure" thread, so take a look!
blakstar: OK -- instead of simply asking who wants the game, and waiting for first reply, I'm going to put a scrambled name of a Steam game here. The first person to post the unscrambled name can have it!

StargunHDE One
OldFatGuy: Oooh, good one blakstar.

Can the ninjas play some cards while they're unscrambling your most excellent giveaway??

First to post, in an UNEDITED POST, the card in the attached pic gets

Disciples III, Resurrection.

TWO GUESSES PER POST. As many posts as you want, as long as they remain unedited.

May I ask if the CAPITAL LETTERS in your scrambled hint is a clue, or a misdirection?
Oh, and while I'm waiting myself:

King of Hearts
Six of Diamonds
blakstar: Oh -- and if anyone remembers, there's still a game up for grabs here :-P

LesterKnight99: But... I DON"T KNOW WHAT IT IS! "sulks in corner"

Also, on an unrelated note, I've started a "choose your own adventure" thread, so take a look!
Dude, I've gone through four pieces of paper already and still don't know it, so don't feel bad!!! lol

I'm determined to get it though.

*clicks mouse and picks up pen and paper again*

EDIT: Plus it's already cost me nearly $50 in games I bought at Steam trying to figure it out. LOL
Post edited May 01, 2014 by OldFatGuy