It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Aveweto: what are u talking about?
Schnuff: Desura!

I tried to buy some games from them paying with paypal. And now they are asking for
access for my account. Meaning they could bill me without my consent.
And after sending a note to support they just tell me that its unfortunate but they won't
change it......now tell me why i should give access for my account to a store i buy
games from?
To Serve Man is a cook book.

I tried to buy some games from them paying with paypal. And now they are asking for
And after sending a note to support they just tell me that its unfortunate but they won't
change it......now tell me why i should give access for my account to a store i buy
games from?
that's strange. Did they block your desura account?
I think the best way to handle it is to contact the store where you bought those games. With them behind you to support your case, you might have a better chance to convince Desura.
And That store doesn't want to lose clients so they will probably try to solve this.

Edit : Sorry I misread. I thought you bought the games on a 3rd party store and they blocked you for that reason.
Post edited March 05, 2014 by SlyFox

games from?

edit:
for me it means no longer IndieRoyale/Desura....sorry folks no longer keys from
them for you :p
sucks man and i would have done just the same, lucky me i dont use desura :)
Schnuff: edit:
Wait... is it Indie Royale selling the Desura keys to you? Shouldn't they be the ones charging?
SlyFox: that's strange. Did they block your desura account?
I think the best way to handle it is to contact the store where you bought those games. With them behind you to support your case, you might have a better chance to convince Desura.
And That store doesn't want to lose clients so they will probably try to solve this.
I tried it with Desura on Monday and a few hours ago with IndieRoyale (aka Desura) again.
both times i get this:
Hiermit ermächtige ich Desura, auch zukünftig geschuldete Beträge einmalig, regelmäßig oder unregelmäßig von meinem PayPal-Konto einzuziehen. Ich weise PayPal an, die angeforderten Beträge im Rahmen des Einzugsverfahrens gemäß den Nutzungsbedingungen zur Verfügung zu stellen. Wenn ich in meinem PayPal-Profil keine bevorzugte Zahlungsquelle festgelegt habe, wird hierfür meine Standardzahlungsquelle verwendet. Im Bereich Zahlung per Händlerabbuchung kann ich die Zahlungsquelle jederzeit ändern oder diese Autorisierung zurückziehen.
(in short they ask for access for future owed bills)
and i contacted them and got this:
Greetings,
I understand the concern, and the authorization will drop off on its own, I will however pass it along to our development team as feedback. However, for the unforeseeable future, and this may or may not change, we will not be removing the authorization.
Regards,
Tommy Linden
IndieRoyale Support

On 3/5/2014 1:08 PM, Schnuff wrote:
It confuses me why you ask for a debit authorization.
Yes i can cancel the authorization, but why asking for it? All my games are paid there is no reason to give
you access to my paypal account. Till thats not changed i'll stop buying from Desura.

Schnuff: edit:
niniendowarrior: Wait... is it Indie Royale selling the Desura keys to you? Shouldn't they be the ones charging?
Indie Royale is part/branch of Desura
Post edited March 05, 2014 by Schnuff
SlyFox: that's strange. Did they block your desura account?
Schnuff: I tried it with Desura on Monday and a few hours ago with IndieRoyale (aka Desura) again.
both times i get this:
Hiermit ermächtige ich Desura, auch zukünftig geschuldete Beträge einmalig, regelmäßig oder unregelmäßig von meinem PayPal-Konto einzuziehen. Ich weise PayPal an, die angeforderten Beträge im Rahmen des Einzugsverfahrens gemäß den Nutzungsbedingungen zur Verfügung zu stellen. Wenn ich in meinem PayPal-Profil keine bevorzugte Zahlungsquelle festgelegt habe, wird hierfür meine Standardzahlungsquelle verwendet. Im Bereich Zahlung per Händlerabbuchung kann ich die Zahlungsquelle jederzeit ändern oder diese Autorisierung zurückziehen.
(in short they ask for access for future owed bills)
and i contacted them and got this:
Greetings,
I understand the concern, and the authorization will drop off on its own, I will however pass it along to our development team as feedback. However, for the unforeseeable future, and this may or may not change, we will not be removing the authorization.
Regards,
Tommy Linden
IndieRoyale Support

On 3/5/2014 1:08 PM, Schnuff wrote:
It confuses me why you ask for a debit authorization.
Yes i can cancel the authorization, but why asking for it? All my games are paid there is no reason to give
you access to my paypal account. Till thats not changed i'll stop buying from Desura.

niniendowarrior: Wait... is it Indie Royale selling the Desura keys to you? Shouldn't they be the ones charging?
Schnuff: Indie Royale is part/branch of Desura
I had no idea!!! Damn that they are doing this to you, Schnuff! That is such a dastardly thing to do!
Maybe one of the reasons why the new bundle is still so low in price?
That and the games are shitty :p
Schnuff: Maybe one of the reasons why the new bundle is still so low in price?
That and the games are shitty :p
Definitely a bad move from Desura.
Giving authorization to one's account is open to abuse so no one will trust them.
And it only take one employee to start stealing money from peoples account for this to go down hill
And here i was hoping to unlock my reward for 25 bundles....

For you my fellow ninjas that means my future drops are restricted to groupess and the minor indiegamestand/indiegala purchases :p

But than...its good for saving money (spending too much already for games).

anyway,
cya later and remember
Have Fun
Schnuff: And here i was hoping to unlock my reward for 25 bundles....

For you my fellow ninjas that means my future drops are restricted to groupess and the minor indiegamestand/indiegala purchases :p

But than...its good for saving money (spending too much already for games).

anyway,
cya later and remember
Have Fun
well bundlestars still accepts paypal without authorization :P
Post edited March 05, 2014 by Aveweto
Crsldmc: Indeed, is always better to go "first person to reply" or "first person to PM me" or some other clever way when somebody wants to drop keys here, Sinistar is a master at it.
Pshaw, you make me blush, mate. ;)

But yes, I much prefer the first reply scenario, or sometimes a little bit of a challenge or a chance for people to be clever in their responses.
IAmSinistar: Pshaw, you make me blush, mate. ;)

But yes, I much prefer the first reply scenario, or sometimes a little bit of a challenge or a chance for people to be clever in their responses.
You definitely do take a much more Sinistar approach with the games you giveaway. ;)
high rated
Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (steam)

First reply!
foxworks: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (steam)

First reply!
May I?
foxworks: Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing (steam)

First reply!
nicohvc: May I?
It's yours. PM inbound!