It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

@robb5, wolfsrain & leonairxxx: you are all welcome! Also thanks for letting me know the games were redeemed! Have fun with your new games :)
high rated
Thief Gold (Steam)

CI2H?-8?ZQL-5V29H

?= first letter of one of Garrets antagonists in Thief 2.
Good morning ninjas!
anaheim85: Thief Gold (Steam)

CI2H?-8?ZQL-5V29H

Someone took it! +1 :)
Post edited February 20, 2014 by ciccia22
Lots of love and lots of ninjas this morning! lol
BTW, is steam DRM-free? I may be missing out since I don't use it..
ciccia22: Good morning ninjas!
anaheim85: Thief Gold (Steam)

CI2H?-8?ZQL-5V29H

ciccia22: Someone took it! +1 :)
silent ninja stroke again. Thought it would still be up for grabs as noone said anything ;)
TimTom92: Lots of love and lots of ninjas this morning! lol
BTW, is steam DRM-free? I may be missing out since I don't use it..
Steam itself is a form of DRM as you usually have to be logged in and online to play your games. It has an offline mode trhough which works for some and others not. But some games can also be played without starting steam by simply starting their .exe from within the file folder.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by anaheim85
anaheim85: Steam itself is a form of DRM as you usually have to be logged in and online to play your games. It has an offline mode trhough which works for some and others not. But some games can also be played without starting steam by simply starting their .exe from within the file folder.
Interesting.. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!
Steam may not be for me though.

If I ended up winning a gift here from steam, I would want to be sure it's DRM free.
Wouldn't want to take from someone else's chances who would play a DRM game regardless.
anaheim85: Steam itself is a form of DRM as you usually have to be logged in and online to play your games. It has an offline mode trhough which works for some and others not. But some games can also be played without starting steam by simply starting their .exe from within the file folder.
TimTom92: Interesting.. Thanks for your time, I appreciate it!
Steam may not be for me though.

If I ended up winning a gift here from steam, I would want to be sure it's DRM free.
Wouldn't want to take from someone else's chances who would play a DRM game regardless.
No game on Steam that's designed for Steam is DRM free. Steam IS DRM.
First reply will get Thief Gold (steam)
Req : 30+ rep

pm sent.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by lemuria
lemuria: First reply will get Thief Gold (steam)
may I?
Post edited February 20, 2014 by Mr.Caine
lemuria: First reply will get Thief Gold (steam)
Me

Not me! Thanks for the giveaway though!
Post edited February 20, 2014 by sanchit117
Missed that Thief Gold. :(
+1 for the drop. lemuria.
Not sure I agree it is completely drm by itself, any game that takes advantage of steam drm features are then drm but steam is just an installation platform only slightly different from gog etc outside of this. With gog you have to log in to get the installer and then you can back it up and use it, but if you need to get it again or get updates you have to log in.

In steam you have log in to get the game just the same, you just happen to get the actual game files instead of an installer, at which point the game can again be backed up and used where you want and without the.steam client. Just like gog you would have to log in to get a replacement or update. I would argue that for the drm free games steam is not a form of DRM just a different online store method than gog but it does have restrictive drm options available for publishers.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by mabrookes
mabrookes: *snip*
The reason why Steam is referred to as DRM is because you need to have it running at all times to play most of the games while there is no need to keep GOG downloader running to play the DRM free games. :)
mabrookes: *snip*
stg83: The reason why Steam is referred to as DRM is because you need to have it running at all times to play most of the games while there is no need to keep GOG downloader running to play the DRM free games. :)
Not the only reason.
You need to be online at least once a month to be able to stay offline.

By the way. I wrote to GOG admins about the negative rep abuse and in their response they said they escalated it to the web devs.
Post edited February 20, 2014 by SlyFox
stg83: The reason why Steam is referred to as DRM is because you need to have it running at all times to play most of the games while there is no need to keep GOG downloader running to play the DRM free games. :)
SlyFox: Not the only reason.
You need to be online at least once a month to be able to stay offline.

By the way. I wrote to GOG admins about the negative rep abuse and in their response they said they escalated it to the web devs.
Nice job!