It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

stg83: Hmm.. but the Torchlight codes that a lot of generous folks give out aren't they also from an earlier promo. How come those codes are still working?
Thespian*: Because Interplay lost the Fallout IP to Bethesda, so they (and therefore GOG) can't keep providing them next year. ;)
Thanks for the reply, yeah that makes sense I thought this was the case with all the gift codes acquired during promos.
Thespian*: Because Interplay lost the Fallout IP to Bethesda, so they (and therefore GOG) can't keep providing them next year. ;)
stg83: Thanks for the reply, yeah that makes sense I thought this was the case with all the gift codes acquired during promos.
usually those keys are valid indefinately. bonus codes (which are 8 digits i think) have a limited lifespan. would have made more sense to use those in this case.
Sachys: Told ya so! ;)
Actually, I think the reason for the expiration was code abuse, not the game's removal. A year ago XIII was removed, but codes were still valid 6 months later. So it's not the game's removal that caused it. And since both Torchlight and Duke Nukem 3D free codes were valid for quite some time later (I think they still are, if you have one lying around), it was probably the abundance of codes that forced GOG to disable them.

Or as the saying goes, "This is why we can't have nice things".
Sachys: correction: it's not guaranteed GOG can continue to sell the Fallout games.
Yep, GOG would need to get a new accord with Bethesda for that.

JMich: Actually, I think the reason for the expiration was code abuse, not the game's removal. A year ago XIII was removed, but codes were still valid 6 months later. So it's not the game's removal that caused it...
Maybe you're right, but please notice that GOG didn't gift XIII for free before the removal, so owners of XIII codes were indeed buyers of the game, which it's different enough to this case...
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Thespian*
I wish somebody gave me this game for Christmas
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237990/?snr=1_7_15__13
JMich:
aye well i asked judas on sunday about whether they'd remain valid and he stated that as far as he could remember they'd expire - whether thats because of the abuse or the licence he was saying soon either way.

Edit: that is, I asked him, then told people here (as it was being discussed). he also said to contact support to get a more certain answer, but looks like nobody believed me! heheh
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Sachys
gildor2603: I wish somebody gave me this game for Christmas
http://store.steampowered.com/app/237990/?snr=1_7_15__13
The right place to ask for non-GOG games is here: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/nongog_gifting_thread ;)
high rated
Let me know if someone would like Blood of the Werewolf on Steam.
cmdr_flashheart: Let me know if someone would like Blood of the Werewolf on Steam.
I do..

edit: thanks sweety! ;p
Post edited December 19, 2013 by Stooner
cmdr_flashheart:
I thought I saw your rep tick up a bit ;)
Get your Christmas song http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post57527
high rated
If memory serves, I still have a Steam key for Humble Indie Bundle 2 that I haven't redeemed, since I already had that one. Whoever responds first that they want it, I'll PM you the key.

The games in that bundle were: Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans. Cortex Command may have had a separate key? Not sure.
Post edited December 19, 2013 by SargeSmash
SargeSmash: If memory serves, I still have a Steam key for Humble Indie Bundle 2 that I haven't redeemed, since I already had that one. Whoever responds first that they want it, I'll PM you the key.

The games in that bundle were: Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans.
Ah, a classic from the good old humble days. Hope the winner enjoys it to its fullest! Thanks :-)
SargeSmash: If memory serves, I still have a Steam key for Humble Indie Bundle 2 that I haven't redeemed, since I already had that one. Whoever responds first that they want it, I'll PM you the key.

The games in that bundle were: Braid, Cortex Command, Machinarium, Osmos, and Revenge of the Titans. Cortex Command may have had a separate key? Not sure.
Cortex Commando is a separated key. And not a good game if you ask me...

I would like to have it.