It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Spinorial: "Me." perhaps. "Me?" Not really. You'd really have to twist your response into knots to get that kind of answer, and we know the resident illiterate "Romans" aren't doing that. Rather, they're emulating memes. Memulating :/
Your base belong to us, Spinorial. Resistance is futile! :D
blakstar: Technically, "me" is OK in this context.

I didn't ask "Who would like it?", only for a reply!

And if I'd asked "Whom should I give this to?", "me" would have been acceptable too! :-D
Spinorial: "Me." perhaps. "Me?" Not really. You'd really have to twist your response into knots to get that kind of answer, and we know the resident illiterate "Romans" aren't doing that. Rather, they're emulating memes. Memulating :/
On this thread, I'm willing to stretch things a bit, and take "Me?" as an acceptable answer, as in the surprised reply "Me? My God, you actually mean I ninja'd everyone else and stand a chance of getting a free game?" :-D
Thespian*: Your base belong to us, Spinorial. Resistance is futile! :D
shouldn't that be "All your base are belong to us!"?
Thespian*: Your base belong to us, Spinorial. Resistance is futile! :D
Sachys: shouldn't that be "All your base are belong to us!"?
Should it be? Oh, my bad! :D
Post edited November 20, 2013 by Thespian*
blakstar: And if I'd asked "Whom should I give this to?", "me" would have been acceptable too! :-D
IAmSinistar: "To whom should I give this?"

Don't end a sentence on a preposition. :)
Thank you for your little correction -- I accidentally missed that! :-)

Mind you, if we're really going to become pedantic about this, maybe we should be pointing out the incorrect usage of colons, dashes, and brackets in English sentences :-)
Post edited November 20, 2013 by blakstar
Thespian*: Should be? Oh, my bad! :D
shouldn't that be "All your base are belong to us!"?
Thespian*: Should be? Oh, my bad! :D
I've a strange feeling of deja-vu... ;)

Indeed. I "googled" the sentence (my memory is THAT atrocious) and the first result was the one I posted (shame on me for not checking it). :D
Post edited November 20, 2013 by Thespian*
IAmSinistar: "To whom should I give this?"

Don't end a sentence on a preposition. :)
blakstar: Thank you for your little correction -- I accidentally missed that! :-)
Thought I'd throw in one of the few bits of grammar pedantry I know. Too bad it's wrong. :D
Post edited November 20, 2013 by IAmSinistar
blakstar: Thank you for your little correction -- I accidentally missed that! :-)
IAmSinistar: Thought I'd throw in one of the few bits of grammar pedantry I know. Too bad it's wrong. :D
But in this case, "To whom" is really the correct usage, so you're covered! :-)

Anyway, enough of this nonsense -- here we are talking about the correct usage of English, whilst merrily using terms such as "ninja'd", etc. :-D
Post edited November 20, 2013 by blakstar
IAmSinistar: Don't end a sentence on a preposition. :)
Speaking of, has everybody seen this? It's the youtube link of Grammar Nazis by CollegeHumor.
Post edited November 20, 2013 by MadalinStroe
EDIT: Sorry... Got posted to wrong forum.
Post edited November 20, 2013 by Kaitu
nvm :)
Post edited November 20, 2013 by Aveweto
Kaitu: EDIT: Sorry... Got posted to wrong forum.
Good job on the rapid self-correction. Normally it's a like a game of slap-jack in here when someone posts to the wrong thread and everyone races to be the first one to correct them. :D
Kaitu: EDIT: Sorry... Got posted to wrong forum.
IAmSinistar: Good job on the rapid self-correction. Normally it's a like a game of slap-jack in here when someone posts to the wrong thread and everyone races to be the first one to correct them. :D
Hehehe... Looks like Aveweto was shooting for the first shot. Stupid forum grabbed a posting I started in Classifieds. Thanks for the heads-up. :-)
high rated
I seem to have come up with a Steam key for a Forge Starter Pack.

On whom should this key be bestowed? :-)