It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: It's not just that - people appearing from the aether, grabbing a game and vanishing without a further word at all is also bad form. Of course, they may have all talked with the gifters via PM, but I doubt it somehow.
skeletonbow: Indeed, I always try to thank people both publicly and privately. One can never be too thankful.

I think there are situations where one might forget or might not get around to it right away though too, such as winning a game and you just headed out for a 2 week vacation, or some other situation like that although those would be relatively rare exceptions than the norm I imagine.

I always try to make a point to thank people and if it ever appears that I've forgotten to anywhere for any reason, someone prod me and say "hey, did you get hit by a truck or something?" :) IMHO it would be embarrassing to not thank someone for their generosity.

QuantumLeapFrog: Sword of the Stars (Steam), to the first to respond with the name of a star.
skeletonbow: Solaris
Oops, sorry for taking so long. You got it. :)
Pm on the way

Also, thanks to everyone else who replied.
Post edited November 12, 2013 by QuantumLeapFrog
QuantumLeapFrog: Sword of the Stars (Steam), to the first to respond with the name of a star.
Err.. I'm a dummy... That was supposed to be Sol, our sun... but being a computer geek I issued it as Solaris which is an operating system *by* Sun. Duh. :)

Let me try that again... Sol, Polaris, Vega, Betelguese, Rigel... take your pick hehe
tinyE: ...and then there is Sachys and myself. :D
Sachys: No, just you. I don't exist!
Thank god -- that's a relief! :-P

EDIT: Erk... by that very statement, it means I'm going insane! I just replied to a statement from a non-existent entity! :-)
Post edited November 12, 2013 by blakstar
skeletonbow: Err.. I'm a dummy... That was supposed to be Sol, our sun... but being a computer geek I issued it as Solaris which is an operating system *by* Sun. Duh. :)

Let me try that again... Sol, Polaris, Vega, Betelguese, Rigel... take your pick hehe
Damn, I based myself off a simple "Solaris star" google search (which upon further investigation, is a star from a game and not a real one). Oh well, you still got the key.

I guess im one of those people that dont know their stellar fundamentals like Spinorial said, haha :).
Post edited November 12, 2013 by QuantumLeapFrog
Sachys: No, just you. I don't exist!
blakstar: Thank god -- that's a relief! :-P

EDIT: Erk... by that very statement, it means I'm going insane! I just replied to a statement from a non-existent entity! :-)
*adust tinfoil hat, murder neighbours.
skeletonbow: Err.. I'm a dummy... That was supposed to be Sol, our sun... but being a computer geek I issued it as Solaris which is an operating system *by* Sun. Duh. :)

QuantumLeapFrog: Damn, based myself off a simple "Solais star" google search (which upon further investigation, is a star from a game and not a real one). Oh well, you still got the key.

I guess im one of those people that dont know their stellar fundamentals like Spinorial said, haha :).
:/
Goes to show, I shouldn't be mucking around with that annoying real-life stuff! I always miss the good giveaways when I do that! :-P

DISCLAIMER: Even if that "annoying real-life stuff" included talking to niniendowarrior on Steam chat :-)

DISCLAIMER 2: I was joking, as everyone who knows my posts has probably gathered. Thought I should reiterate that, given the sudden serious turn this thread has taken!
Post edited November 12, 2013 by blakstar
Theres lots of bad form in this thread. Greed being the worst among them. Its the one bad form that never gets talked about from those who grab/win multiple games every single week (and you folks know exactly who you are). Sharing is just as valuable a lesson to learn as saying thanks. We shouldn't persecute new people for doing the same thing everyone else does and wanting free games just because some think they have more right to be in this thread than others. This used to be a really nice friendly, play well with others thread. Now the rampant greed and me me me attitudes is really disgusting such that its filtering out to other parts of this forum.

Also, it may be good form to play some of those games or at least the perception those games are being played instead of the perception that F5 is the only game being played.
teshra: Theres lots of bad form in this thread. Greed being the worst among them. Its the one bad form that never gets talked about from those who grab/win multiple games every single week (and you folks know exactly who you are). Sharing is just as valuable a lesson to learn as saying thanks. We shouldn't persecute new people for doing the same thing everyone else does and wanting free games just because some think they have more right to be in this thread than others. This used to be a really nice friendly, play well with others thread. Now the rampant greed and me me me attitudes is really disgusting such that its filtering out to other parts of this forum.

Also, it may be good form to play some of those games or at least the perception those games are being played instead of the perception that F5 is the only game being played.
When you create a thread to offer free games to anyone and everyone who jumps on here, you're bound to get that kind of greed. It just happens, especially when one can hide behind their internet profile. You make a good point and I would imagine most would agree with you, but expecting character on the internet, EVEN amongst gamers, is just asking to be disappointed.
Wow, I guess having a bad case of the Flu is a good thing, cause I missed most of the last 24 hours in the forums and I'm still having trouble focusing, but I see a lot of back and forth bitch-slapping going on about GA's, freebies, etc. I thought the whole point to threads like the Ninja, Non-GOG gifting, GOG Gifting, etc. was to offer games without worrying anyone about greed/need/bleeding heartedness! Maybe I'm just being sensitive. I never expected to see so much rant on a thread about sneakiness. JMO :-)
dragonsreach: Wow, I guess having a bad case of the Flu is a good thing, cause I missed most of the last 24 hours in the forums and I'm still having trouble focusing, but I see a lot of back and forth bitch-slapping going on about GA's, freebies, etc. I thought the whole point to threads like the Ninja, Non-GOG gifting, GOG Gifting, etc. was to offer games without worrying anyone about greed/need/bleeding heartedness! Maybe I'm just being sensitive. I never expected to see so much rant on a thread about sneakiness. JMO :-)
Oh these sorts of rants happen, it's just they're happening more frequently this year.
Leucius: Oh these sorts of rants happen, it's just they're happening more frequently this year.
Well, you might notice my rep/registered date don't match too well. That's because until recently I never participated in any of the forums. My previous experiences with forums, like yahoo and others, led me to seriously dislike most forum posting. Then one day I decided to check out the forums here on GOG and what do you know, lots of people with similar interests, friendly, helpful and I couldn't find a lot of ranting going on. So the last month has been a joy, as well as a strain on my free time (read ME TIME) and it has been worth it. Now I check on numerous threads tonight, even though I don't feel like it really, and my brain is being bashed by all the ranting going on, not just on this thread. It's like a bad dream come true. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go away till I feel better. I hope everyone gets all their bugs worked out of their arses! :)
skeletonbow: Indeed, I always try to thank people both publicly and privately. One can never be too thankful.

I think there are situations where one might forget or might not get around to it right away though too, such as winning a game and you just headed out for a 2 week vacation, or some other situation like that although those would be relatively rare exceptions than the norm I imagine.

I always try to make a point to thank people and if it ever appears that I've forgotten to anywhere for any reason, someone prod me and say "hey, did you get hit by a truck or something?" :) IMHO it would be embarrassing to not thank someone for their generosity.

Solaris
QuantumLeapFrog: Oops, sorry for taking so long. You got it. :)
Pm on the way

Also, thanks to everyone else who replied.
Thanks a bunch, the games look very cool! It has the whole collection including the sequels, very nice! Much appreciated! Also thanks for overlooking my minor spelling snafu brain thinko there. :)
QuantumLeapFrog: Damn, I based myself off a simple "Solaris star" google search (which upon further investigation, is a star from a game and not a real one). Oh well, you still got the key.

Hehe, perhaps you had the same thinko/brainfart that I did... :) When you think something and type something else... Ah... I'm getting old... it's all downhill from here now... LOL
Post edited November 12, 2013 by skeletonbow
Leucius: Oh these sorts of rants happen, it's just they're happening more frequently this year.
dragonsreach: Well, you might notice my rep/registered date don't match too well. That's because until recently I never participated in any of the forums. My previous experiences with forums, like yahoo and others, led me to seriously dislike most forum posting. Then one day I decided to check out the forums here on GOG and what do you know, lots of people with similar interests, friendly, helpful and I couldn't find a lot of ranting going on. So the last month has been a joy, as well as a strain on my free time (read ME TIME) and it has been worth it. Now I check on numerous threads tonight, even though I don't feel like it really, and my brain is being bashed by all the ranting going on, not just on this thread. It's like a bad dream come true. Anyways, I think I'm gonna go away till I feel better. I hope everyone gets all their bugs worked out of their arses! :)
Come back soon. Not sure why everyone's all angsty lately, but it's been going on for a few months now. Hopefully things resolve themselves peacefully soon(ish).
OnyxOutrage: When you create a thread to offer free games to anyone and everyone who jumps on here, you're bound to get that kind of greed. It just happens, especially when one can hide behind their internet profile. You make a good point and I would imagine most would agree with you, but expecting character on the internet, EVEN amongst gamers, is just asking to be disappointed.
Actually, the people here had pretty decent character, and the core constituents of the forum still do. You're new, so you wouldn't know. I didn't either and it was pure blind luck that I decided to post and stick around here. So, with a little prodding and initiative, it should be possible to get even newcomers into the proper mindset of this community, namely that there's plenty to be given and received, if only it's done with some consideration, gratitude, and respect.