It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Good night all!
Heading off in a tetch myself. Night folks!
Elvin37: Recipe hmm I don't even know it was experimental but I could try to figure it out next time I go ahead and make one basically it was trial and error mixing different flours then tasting the dough ( dough tasting bleh ) there is flours that give it a good texture but strange taste ( chic pea flour ) and then there is flour that gives it a good taste but strange texture ( corn flour ) there is rice flour too and other flours to consider are Quinoa flour , Teff flour, Almond flour ( havent experimented with that one much yet works decently for baked goods not sure about pizza ) and some other flours too which I haven't used much

Edit: one thing I do recommend doing after the dough rises for 20 minutes mix some seasonings into it it will give the pizza base and crust much better taste once its done ( most people do not do this with their tasteless gluten free things so they end up not very decent )
Great advice there Elvin37, thanks :) Given I live in Australia and am surrounded by hundreds of species of Acacia, and it has been used for thousands of years by the indigenous population to make flour, I'd really like to try that some day. Only a few species are toxic, the rest are edible but 4-5 species were preferred for their flavour.

I'm trying to move away from grains altogether, so that means minimising(or removing) rice from my diet as my body doesn't react well to them. Quinoa as flour? Nice idea, that's a great fruit(that masquerades as a grain) to use as a replacement for grains :) Thanks again for the advice, will get back to you after I've done a little experimentation myself(which is how I always cook).
Sachys: I use only dandruff for glutien free pizza bases!
haha mmm fugnus ridden dead skin cells. Can't get much tastier than that!
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Tarnicus
Elvin37: Recipe hmm I don't even know it was experimental but I could try to figure it out next time I go ahead and make one basically it was trial and error mixing different flours then tasting the dough ( dough tasting bleh ) there is flours that give it a good texture but strange taste ( chic pea flour ) and then there is flour that gives it a good taste but strange texture ( corn flour ) there is rice flour too and other flours to consider are Quinoa flour , Teff flour, Almond flour ( havent experimented with that one much yet works decently for baked goods not sure about pizza ) and some other flours too which I haven't used much

Edit: one thing I do recommend doing after the dough rises for 20 minutes mix some seasonings into it it will give the pizza base and crust much better taste once its done ( most people do not do this with their tasteless gluten free things so they end up not very decent )
Tarnicus: Great advice there Elvin37, thanks :) Given I live in Australia and am surrounded by hundreds of species of Acacia, and it has been used for thousands of years by the indigenous population to make flour, I'd really like to try that some day. Only a few species are toxic, the rest are edible but 4-5 species were preferred for their flavour.

I'm trying to move away from grains altogether, so that means minimising(or removing) rice from my diet as my body doesn't react well to them. Quinoa as flour? Nice idea, that's a great fruit(that masquerades as a grain) to use as a replacement for grains :) Thanks again for the advice, will get back to you after I've done a little experimentation myself(which is how I always cook).
That is good I am glad to help I only learned how to use these things due to my wife as she has gluten allergies and cant eat things like that So I wish to make eating more pleasant for her so I try and invent new things for her like I did with mozza sticks and chicken fingers since she couldn't find any good tasting ones pre made and the batter mixes she would buy would never work out quite right.
Sachys: Out of interest, how many of you have played "choose your own adventure" books (such as the fighting fantasy ones of yore - or similar modern takes) and enjoyed them?
- bit of research for a little something!
I absolutely LOVE those kinds of stories, and they were my entry into RPGs. I started with Choose-Your-Own-Adventure, quickly moved to Fighting Fantasy, Tunnels & Trolls, Lone Wolf(fucking awesome!) then got the Dungeons & Dragons Basic set when was 10. Soon after getting a group together at school, and ignoring the teachers and classwork in order to play, they banned it! This was back in the days when it was considered Satanic lol. YOU CAN'T BAN IMAGINATION MOTHERFUCKER! :P

So yes, I love them, and have recently found a series of them for my phone but have yet to play them :)
blakstar: Sachys offers you an adventure book. Do you:

1. Accept his offer? Type "yes".
2. Run like hell? Turn to another internet page.
3. Fill the thread with sausages? You already know what to do! :-P
Damn it's a tough choice between 1 & 3...I'd really like to say yes to an adventure book but flopping out my sausage is tempting also :P Depends how much I have to drink today to make this decision lol
Spinorial: I played a couple, there was a little local fad some 15 or so years back. Enjoyed them at the time, but haven't missed them since.
Sachys: well if someone gave you one tomorrow, how likely would you feel the ruge to start a game? - even out of pure curiosity?
The ruge? You know I'm always up for some ruge. As to how likely I'm to play one - it would depend entirely on how well it's written and how clever the hook. I guess, it's about the same as any other book - or game, for that matter :P

Also, excuse the late reply.
IAmSinistar: Heading off in a tetch myself. Night folks!
And night to you, too :-)
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Spinorial
Sachys: well if someone gave you one tomorrow, how likely would you feel the ruge to start a game? - even out of pure curiosity?
Spinorial: The ruge? You know I'm always up for some ruge. As to how likely I'm to play one - it would depend entirely on how well it's written and how clever the hook. I guess, it's about the same as any other book - or game, for that matter :P

Also, excuse the late reply.
IAmSinistar: Heading off in a tetch myself. Night folks!
Spinorial: And night to you, too :-)
...well i knew my spelling can be bad, and i know you like em rugged, BUT!....
Spinorial: The ruge? You know I'm always up for some ruge.
haha reminds me of people playing "rouges" in MMOs. Speaking of which, here is me looking resplendent in Rift :D

https://www.latenightdrama.com/sites/default/files/2013-11-08_143237.jpg
Let me interject in the Friday night fun and offer up Dead Space on Origin for first to quote!
mondo84: Let me interject in the Friday night fun and offer up Dead Space on Origin for first to quote!
What do you think this is, a giveaway thread or something??!?
PS - already have the game, so NR +1 :)
Tarnicus: haha reminds me of people playing "rouges" in MMOs. Speaking of which, here is me looking resplendent in Rift :D

https://www.latenightdrama.com/sites/default/files/2013-11-08_143237.jpg
Would love to, but it tells me it wasn't found on the server :(
mondo84: Let me interject in the Friday night fun and offer up Dead Space on Origin for first to quote!
What the Roo-eater said :P
Post edited November 08, 2013 by Spinorial
Spinorial: Would love to, but it tells me it wasn't found on the server :(
Strange, I think that might be due to it being an ipv6 website. I have had issues with it. Does this link work for you? It should be viewable to all without registering https://www.latenightdrama.com/node/42
Is anyone interested in Musaic Box on Steam? May as well do a giveaway or two whilst I'm here :)
Spinorial: Would love to, but it tells me it wasn't found on the server :(
Tarnicus: Strange, I think that might be due to it being an ipv6 website. I have had issues with it. Does this link work for you? It should be viewable to all without registering https://www.latenightdrama.com/node/42
Link does, pic doesn't.
That's really weird. I'll put it on my google drive and link it from there :)
Tarnicus: That's really weird. I'll put it on my google drive and link it from there :)
Or, you know, use your GOG-given abilities ;)