It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

blakstar: Good morning -- how come no-one else seems to have had technical problems? I couldn't access the forums or my account for a few hours. Just had a picture of a big blue world!
If you tried gog key like spamming and website site just blocked your ip. If you can change your ip adress problem will solve :)

morning everyone.
Post edited November 01, 2013 by lemuria
OK -- thanks everyone.

I'd never seen it before, and it just seemed strange that I could get onto GOG, but not the forums! :-)
spoderman: It sounds like they didn't expect that to happen.. they should've. That type of thing probably happens for most key giveaways.
Gilbert was surely on acid for an Halloween trip: we should hope that this trip will become another great adventure game.
Finally ban is lifted, congrats to csmith for grabing the key.
If any1 is interested about key, I posted number 4 2 1 3... meaning behind was that 1st part of the key that I posted was on the 4th place, second was 2nd and you can imagine the rest.

BlackDawn: Blackwell Deception: WBHKY-[LOOOL]-T4GQV-ELPGK
Grabed this one, thx! It was valid after 1h lol.
Post edited November 01, 2013 by Trid
Wadjet apparently is going to disable all of the Steam keys that were generated last night after midnight, calling them "stolen", and apparently some steam accounts will be banned also. That's harsh if it goes widespread as most people simply had no idea what was happening other than that they could get a free game.

Looks like it's turning into a big fiasco now, grab some popcorn!
Trid: Finally ban is lifted, congrats to csmith for grabing the key.
If any1 is interested about key, I posted number 4 2 1 3... meaning behind was that 1st part of the key that I posted was on the 4th place, second was 2nd and you can imagine the rest.

BlackDawn: Blackwell Deception: WBHKY-[LOOOL]-T4GQV-ELPGK
Trid: Grabed this one, thx! It was valid after 1h lol.
Because its free at the moment.
Post edited November 01, 2013 by lugum
skeletonbow: Wadjet apparently is going to disable all of the Steam keys that were generated last night after midnight, calling them "stolen", and apparently some steam accounts will be banned also. That's harsh if it goes widespread as most people simply had no idea what was happening other than that they could get a free game.

Umm, what about those generated today?.

I managed to grab a key direct from them about 3 hours ago...

If they now decide to void that & threaten my account...
lugum: Because its free at the moment.
Yea, I'm reading about it now, they didn't think it throught I guess... hope I will not get ban. :)
skeletonbow: Wadjet apparently is going to disable all of the Steam keys that were generated last night after midnight, calling them "stolen", and apparently some steam accounts will be banned also. That's harsh if it goes widespread as most people simply had no idea what was happening other than that they could get a free game.

Rodzaju: Umm, what about those generated today?.

I guess they will remove the game from our library and that's that.
I got mine in the morning too. Didn't realize that deal is over ;d
Could you give me a rundonw on what's going on?

Rodzaju: Umm, what about those generated today?.

We'll have to wait and see what happens I guess. Read the Wadjet guy's twitter for his reaction and what he said he plans to do: https://twitter.com/WadjetEyeGames

My understanding was that people who had the game on GOG (which I do) could get a backup copy on Steam also, but the site was bashed into the ground. Eventually everyone who should have got in and kept trying probably got in. Others might have gotten a code from someone else because it was easier even if they could have gotten one officially themselves anyway. There was no authentication or way of authenticating people anyway though, no proof of purchase or anything, so any account banning that happens is almost certainly going to affect legit customers doing what they were told I'm guessing.

It's unfortunate they screwed up, but if they punish legit users for it they'll have a major black eye from the Internet backlash. I figure everything will work itself out in the end though one way or another. Companies need to plan these things better really, make sure they have bandwidth and server resources to handle the load, research what happened to others who have done it in the past, etc.

The exact same thing happened to another company not long ago too apparently, using the same backend hosting provider too. :)
Post edited November 01, 2013 by skeletonbow
Dave Gilbert ‏@WadjetEyeGames 1u
If I disable these keys, it will JUST be for the key used in the giveaway. Not everyone will lose their games.

I think only the ones who got abused at steamgifts.com will get disabled.
lugum: Dave Gilbert ‏@WadjetEyeGames 1u
If I disable these keys, it will JUST be for the key used in the giveaway. Not everyone will lose their games.

As long as they only disable the key/remove from account it's ok I guess, the problem will be when some legit users get steam bans or smt cuz they grabed key from giveaway. (ekhm...) :P
But baning would not be a good idea from PR perspective.
lugum: Dave Gilbert ‏@WadjetEyeGames 1u

Trid: As long as they only disable the key/remove from account it's ok I guess, the problem will be when some legit users get steam bans or smt cuz they grabed key from giveaway. (ekhm...) :P
But baning would not be a good idea from PR perspective.
Agreed, disabling a key might suck but in the end no major harm done. Disabling a key and banning someone's account simply because they entered a giveaway for a game not knowing where the key came from is just wrong. Let's hope that after some time to relax and sort it out that they do the right thing - whatever the right thing turns out to be.

I just looked through GOG's Wadjet catalogue and it turns out that I unknowingly own all of them. I know I wouldn't be too keen if they were to disable my Steam account that's for sure. I've got 118 games on Steam right now. I imagine most people would turn into fire breathing dragons. :)
Hey!

I have a item that gives a discount of 25% in Shadowarrior (the new) in Steam. It will expire 4 November. Someone want this item?