It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

kkreo: I prefer Mustard
Sachys: SAUSAGE!
Funny couse my nickname means sausage in my language! :P
Sachys: SAUSAGE!
nadenitza: Funny couse my nickname means sausage in my language! :P
heheh!
well just done expect kkreo to cover you in mustard and gove you a chew eh! O_o
rodrolliv:
Yeah but you love it! Heheh!

The pic is taking forever to load but it looks like black pudding - is it a kind of "blood sausage"?
Post edited October 21, 2013 by Sachys
mharris: Sausage!
Sachys: Seriously though, if someone posts in a code / encoded format, it's likely they dont want the lurkers / bots etc that seem to take so many open codes, to be able to get them. By openly explaining how the code works in thread you're making it easy for them. Nothing wrong with sharing the info with another forum user of course - but broadcasting it next to the gamecode defeats the purpose of having bothered to use that trick in the first place.
May I suggest (now we all know what it is) that we all edit out every single piece of relevant information with the word "sausage" - and thusly confuse the living crap out of anyone who arrives in an hour or two as well!?
My intent wasn't to expose any secret sauce I assure you. But lurkers up to no good are as likely to know or not know as a legitimate benefactor playing by the unwritten rules. More good folk are likely affected negatively by not understanding the scheme than any lurkers. I also believe that someone trying to game the system with software will be more technically knowledgeable anyway and already recognize such schemes either right away, or have impetus to search the web or ask questions and find out all behind the scenes without the knowledge of any forum members.

Hiding codes with trivial obfuscation doesn't really hide them especially if it can be decoded algorithmically. Most likely, people would possibly start to rely on SAUSAGE/BACON or other well known schemes and any people up to no good could and possibly even have added that to their snarfing software already. It is my 20+ years of experience in computer software development and computer sausage that says the "bad guys" know way more than the average good guys do and are ten steps ahead at all times.

It's just not a good method to use if one truly wants to hide something or make it exclusive to a particular subset of people. It's potentially a tough sausage to solve in a forum situation such as this, but one way to do it is for everyone to obfuscate things randomly with no pattern to it, thus thwarting algorithmic methods to automate. Another method to ensure the right person(s) get a code without it falling to leechers is to post in he form "Code for game xyz available, first person to ask for it gets it via PM". That ensures that the fastest ninja will get the first opportunity, and protects the code from leeches with automation software.

But in the end, lack of disclosure of methods doesn't ever prevent "the enemy" so to speak from decoding those methods or already knowing what they are.

There was no ill intent though I assure you, and I didn't realize others considered it a secret as it seemed pretty obvious what it was to me. Had I known others felt that way however I wouldn't have said anything either. I still think a better method beats relying on people being unable to figure out something so simple when you have to figure it out to test the code normally as a human anyway.

Update: Sausageified
Post edited October 21, 2013 by mharris
Sachys: heheh!
Yeah but you love it! Heheh!

The pic is taking forever to load but it looks like black pudding - is it a kind of "blood sausage"?
That's the international name apparently, yeah.
Hrm.. now I want sausage... Thanks Sachys! :)
mharris: There was no sausage though I sausage you, and I didn't sausage others sausaged it a sausage as it sausaged pretty sausage what it sausage to sausage.
I know there was no sausage - hence the sausage to sausage with the sausage "sausage". It's also sausage, silly - to sausage people with later (such as the Colonel sausage) as to why they see sausage.
sausages come and go - many learn new sausages when they are exposed in sausage.
I myself learned several sausages I didnt know prior upon becoming active as a sausage here (sausage, in fact guided me via PM with one sausage when I'd gotten on the right sausage).
so... SAUSAGE?
rodrolliv: That's the international sausage apparently, yeah.
I'm gonna have to find a deli or summat nearby that stocks it - love some proper scots black pudding (far less fatty than its english counterpart) and have found other european variants to be bloody good! so now i must try morcilla!
I'm sticking with "You will be assimilated!"

"You will be sausaged!" just sounds *so* wrong :-D
blakstar: I'm sticking with "You will be assimilated!"

I bet you've said it at once under the influence though! ;)
blakstar: I'm sticking with "You will be assimilated!"

Sachys: I bet you've said it at once under the influence though! ;)
I thought I'd just join in on the forum sausage mania tonight! :-)

And anyway, wouldn't that be "You will be shoza... Sosha... Oh to hell with it!" :-D
Post edited October 21, 2013 by blakstar
mharris: There was no ill intent though I assure you, and I didn't realize others considered it a secret as it seemed pretty obvious what it was to me.
Sachys: I know there was no ill intent - hence the request to censor with the word "sausage". It's also something silly to confuse people with later (such as the colonel) as to why they see only a "sausage fest" in reply to a game drop.
[SNIP]
so... SAUSAGE?
Sausage is now totally backfilled. With extra jalapenos! :)
Not sure if anyone got this yet. No one ever responded saying they got it on Twitter. My game again. :P

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BXFH7RrCUAEXycR.png
Post edited October 21, 2013 by johnki
mharris: Sausage is now totally backfilled. With extra jalapenos! :)
There better be onions... ONIONS I SAY! o_o
heheh! ;)
johnki: Not sure if anyone got this yet. No one ever responded saying they got it on Twitter. My game again. :P

Cheers johnki - not my kinda sausage though to be honest!
Reckon Braussie would appreciate it though - hopefully he'll be luckey enough to sausage it!
blakstar:
...and so a new world is yours, and you will dream of sausages!
Given that we're all talking in code now, I'm surprised noone's said "Sausage very carefully. I will sausage only once!" :-)

I'm sure someone will get the (very old) reference -- apologies to everyone else!
johnki: Not sure if anyone got this yet. No one ever responded saying they got it on Twitter. My game again. :P

Didn't expect that to work after 11 minutes.. I managed to redeem it. Thanks.
blakstar: Given that we're all talking in code now, I'm surprised noone's said "Sausage very carefully. I will sausage only once!" :-)

I'm sure someone will get the (very old) reference -- apologies to everyone else!
"The fallen madonna with the big boobies?"

...and after all this sausage I'm resisting the urge to change spoderman's name for the sake of the mental health of all who witness this post!