It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sachys: I have a void left by the completion of FTL and Hotline Miami and need to find a new game to fill as they were my goto games between epic lenghted rpg / rts sessions.

Any ideas? (don't wanna make another of THOSE threads!).

For the record, i hate platformers, schmups and people that dont read this far into a post before replying! OOOK!
Just thought of one possible game, if you don't mind "retro" graphics, since it's a homage to an old classic: Organ Trail

It's a zombie-infested version of Oregon Trail.
niniendowarrior: I did love the Daily Show segment on gun control and Australia. If anything, it highlights some of the insanity of the American politicians compared to your government. :D
Tarnicus: Thanks for mentioning that, I haven't watched the Daily Show in ages and am just about to watch that segment :)

Edit: That was hilarious :)
It was actually a week long segment if I remember right. They had John Oliver there for the week and each day, he had a different feature. It was bloody awesome. That show tells it exactly like it is and I love it for doing that, along with its other excellent points.
Sachys: Now THAT does look incresingly promising. Also been bundled before I believe?
I have ait wishlisted for now at least - so if theres a good deal this weekend I may well grab it.
Don't Starve is brilliant and highly recommended! MunkSiren plays it often and I've given it a whirl too(I love it given how much I am into survival stuff). She would have responded if the laptop didn't have a freak out then :)
Tarnicus: Thanks for mentioning that, I haven't watched the Daily Show in ages and am just about to watch that segment :)

Edit: That was hilarious :)
ww_gog: It was actually a week long segment if I remember right. They had John Oliver there for the week and each day, he had a different feature. It was bloody awesome. That show tells it exactly like it is and I love it for doing that, along with its other excellent points.
Yeah... I think it was 3 segments for 3 nights. John Oliver was excellent in that piece.
Sachys: Now THAT does look incresingly promising. Also been bundled before I believe?
I have ait wishlisted for now at least - so if theres a good deal this weekend I may well grab it.
Tarnicus: Don't Starve is brilliant and highly recommended! MunkSiren plays it often and I've given it a whirl too(I love it given how much I am into survival stuff). She would have responded if the laptop didn't have a freak out then :)
Well, with that kind of recommendation, I might have to look into it myself as well!
It's a shame, in a way, that not all games have demos available, since, as the saying goes, one man's trash may be another man's treasure.

If something comes in a bundle it's easy to blow a bit of extra cash, but not if it's a standalone unknown :-)

EDIT: BTW Am I actually making any sense? It's extremely late here! :-)
Post edited October 09, 2013 by blakstar
ww_gog: It was actually a week long segment if I remember right. They had John Oliver there for the week and each day, he had a different feature. It was bloody awesome. That show tells it exactly like it is and I love it for doing that, along with its other excellent points.
Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to watch the lot. We have a friend coming round to stay so will most likely be absent for a while entertaining our guest :)
niniendowarrior: Hilarious indeed! I hope John Howard suffers for the people he's killed... politically. lol.
John Howard was unfortunately one of the most damaging Prime Ministers we've had in this country.
blakstar: Well, with that kind of recommendation, I might have to look into it myself as well!
It's a shame, in a way, that not all games have demos available, since, as the saying goes, one man's trash may be another man's treasure.

If something comes in a bundle it's easy to blow a bit of extra cash, but not if it's a standalone unknown :-)

EDIT: BTW Am I actually making any sense? It's extremely late here! :-)
The cheapest I've seen it is $7.49 on Steam. If it ever comes out in a bundle or is heavily discounted, I will be buying a few copies to giveaway, as it is one of those games I'd highly recommend :)

The website gives a little more detail http://www.dontstarvegame.com/
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: Thanks for letting me know, I'll have to watch the lot. We have a friend coming round to stay so will most likely be absent for a while entertaining our guest :)
niniendowarrior: Hilarious indeed! I hope John Howard suffers for the people he's killed... politically. lol.
Tarnicus: John Howard was unfortunately one of the most damaging Prime Ministers we've had in this country.
Ain't that interesting? So what did the old geezer do? :p
And there was a demo of Don't Starve, not sure where it's gone lol try a little googling, I've gotta head to the station to pick up our friend :)

From what I can tell, the demo is only through Google Chrome now https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=2&cad=rja&ved=0CDkQFjAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fchrome.google.com%2Fwebstore%2Fdetail%2Fdont-starve%2Fhiledapehlkhdehbhppgmekfalnlfajc&ei=0v5VUrDaI8SfiQeNnYDQBA&usg=AFQjCNEO67cPcjE-0lGTNL3X2BrPkLq8SQ&sig2=SuA8_OhINp2HNhaNM4kAgw&bvm=bv.53760139,d.aGc
Post edited October 09, 2013 by Tarnicus
Tarnicus: [snip]
The cheapest I've seen it is $7.49 on Steam. If it ever comes out in a bundle or is heavily discounted, I will be buying a few copies to giveaway, as it is one of those games I'd highly recommend :)

The website gives a little more detail http://www.dontstarvegame.com/
Aha! It's by Klei! I've loved their other games -- thanks for the link! :-)
Morning guys.
massproducedmind: Morning guys.
Hello :B
If anybody missed any of these, reply:
2 x Stargunner
2 x Flight of the amazon queen
Post edited October 10, 2013 by simon_vd
simon_vd: If anybody missed any of these, reply:
2 x Stargunner
2 x Flight of the amazon queen
;-) As it happens they're generally free on GOG.
http://www.gog.com/game/flight_of_the_amazon_queen
http://www.gog.com/game/stargunner
high rated
Is ther person here who wasnt been able to ninja games in recent weeks? Fairy bloom freesia to someon like that (steam)
MysterGifter: Is ther person here who wasnt been able to ninja games in recent weeks? Fairy bloom freesia to someon like that (steam)
yea thanks