It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I know I said goodnight -- still awake, trouble sleeping -- but what kind of monster have I created?!

I should've expected someone to take me up on my suggestion, knowing these forums! Ah, well, my first step to total assimilation! :-)

Thanks to Th3R3n3gad3, my first drone! :-)
Post edited October 01, 2013 by blakstar
Anyone know if the prizes for Forum Day have gone out yet?

I was finally first for once and due to the wording of the contest "the first 100 users with the most days since registering" or whatever (which could mean either the first 100 users or the oldest users but doubtfully both unless they had a margin they wanted people to be over) I don't know if I should be expecting a code or not.
blakstar: I know I said goodnight -- still awake, trouble sleeping -- but what kind of monster have I created?!

I should've expected someone to take me up on my suggestion, knowing these forums! Ah, well, my first step to total assimilation! :-)
Well, its there.
johnki: Anyone know if the prizes for Forum Day have gone out yet?

I was finally first for once and due to the wording of the contest "the first 100 users with the most days since registering" or whatever (which could mean either the first 100 users or the oldest users but doubtfully both unless they had a margin they wanted people to be over) I don't know if I should be expecting a code or not.
people have still been posting in that thread all day and as the gog team havent even managed to judge the IHNMAIMS creative contest, summat says to me the 4000 (approx) posts in the contest you're on about are gonna have to wait - maybe until new year

Edit: 3353 posts it turns out as i edit this
Post edited October 01, 2013 by Sachys
Sachys: people have still been posting in that thread all day and as the gog team havent even managed to judge the IHNMAIMS creative contest, summat says to me the 4000 (approx) posts in the contest you're on about are gonna have to wait - maybe until new year
Okay, cool, thanks.
johnki: Anyone know if the prizes for Forum Day have gone out yet?

Sachys: people have still been posting in that thread all day and as the gog team havent even managed to judge the IHNMAIMS creative contest, summat says to me the 4000 (approx) posts in the contest you're on about are gonna have to wait - maybe until new year

It will probably take a looooong while before they get around to this. My interpretation of the giveaway is basically the oldest users to bother to post in that thread which basically means only the 2008-2009 accounts will win.

niniendowarrior: It will probably take a looooong while before they get around to this. My interpretation of the giveaway is basically the oldest users to bother to post in that thread which basically means only the 2008-2009 accounts will win.
Yes, that's what I thought as well. I didn't even bother posting on that thread, my six-hundred-something days won't hold a candle to people who are here for 1500 days or more. LOL.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by joppo
niniendowarrior: It will probably take a looooong while before they get around to this. My interpretation of the giveaway is basically the oldest users to bother to post in that thread which basically means only the 2008-2009 accounts will win.
joppo: Yes, that's what I thought as well. I didn't even bother posting on that thread, my six-hundred-something days won't hold a candle to people who are here for 1500 days or more. LOL.
I think GOG did not consider how much lurkers we have in here. I think they expected only the active members to join in.
joppo: Yes, that's what I thought as well. I didn't even bother posting on that thread, my six-hundred-something days won't hold a candle to people who are here for 1500 days or more. LOL.
niniendowarrior: I think GOG did not consider how much lurkers we have in here. I think they expected only the active members to join in.
I actually think they either posted it via social media by accident or did it as a marketing plan.
KneeTheCap: a question:

Do you prefer giveaways that require you to just write "in" or something that simple, or do you prefer them to actually require you to do some work?
both ain't exclusive :P
Post edited October 02, 2013 by DyNaer
Try only the September 2008 accounts :P
niniendowarrior: I think GOG did not consider how much lurkers we have in here. I think they expected only the active members to join in.
Ya, I was really surprised at the number of lurkers. Lots of the guys I saw with 1000+ days only had a couple of rep. I didn't bother posting for the same reason as joppo.
it was surprising to me too, but at the time, genius for them..

It does a lot for marketing statistics, and super cheaply too! It helps them find out how many people are actively using the site, how many use social medias, and free advertising through those tweets, fb posts to come, etc. $1000 ($10 for 100 people) for that much advertising for your site and promotion? They knew EXACTLY what they were doing. Very smart, vey positive publicity, very inexpensive. If the week's promoting brought 1000 people to buy $10 worth of games they wouldn't have purchased otherwise, the entire thing paid for itself. And if it's less in sales, it's still cheap advertising. And they will have return customers. And more active forum members, which means more likelyhood of word of mouth advertising... Smart, smart, smart.
Post edited October 02, 2013 by Braussie
Celton88: Ya, I was really surprised at the number of lurkers. Lots of the guys I saw with 1000+ days only had a couple of rep. I didn't bother posting for the same reason as joppo.
Nobody should be surprised. People give free games here and draw so many of them over...

In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
niniendowarrior: In other news... I fixed my Mass Effect 2 game by myself!
Congrats! ^_^
Now you should teach those at EA Support how to do that... (:P)