It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

a question:

Do you prefer giveaways that require you to just write "in" or something that simple, or do you prefer them to actually require you to do some work?
KneeTheCap: a question:

Do you prefer giveaways that require you to just write "in" or something that simple, or do you prefer them to actually require you to do some work?
The latter

I prefer some work, whether that means "make this", "find this", "figure out puzzle", or even a simple "Write a funny poem". As long as it's not too difficult, then I enjoy it. Super difficult things irritate me, simply due to the fact that I troubleshoot all day at work and don't want something too complicated during my off time.

The latter, at least I want to see some small interest in the game given away, and they're not just in out of inertia for a giveaway.
I have to say, having a riddle or puzzle to solve does make a giveaway more fun. I tend to avoid a lot of the giveaways, due to the fact that most of them require no more effort than typing "I'm in", and at least having a puzzle to solve means you get a clear winner, rather than leaving it all to random chance.

Do some work. Everyone and their mother enter for the "in" threads (a bit exaggerated), even if they're lukewarm on the game, never heard of the game or have 300 games in their backlog. You will still get some of those types if you make a giveaway needing some more effort but I think the majority of entrants will want to make the effort because it will be a game they want and they will play.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by teshra

teshra: Do some work. Everyone and their mother enter for the "in" threads (a bit exaggerated), even if they're lukewarm on the game, never heard of the game or have 300 games in their backlog. You will still get some of those types if you make a giveaway needing some more effort but I think the majority of entrants will want to make the effort because it will be a game they want and they will play.
Just do not ask me to do those giveaway puzzles. I'm retired. LOL.
niniendowarrior: [snip]
Never mind retired, you're bordering on the sadistic! ;-)
niniendowarrior: [snip]
blakstar: Never mind retired, you're bordering on the sadistic! ;-)
I am touched by your kind words. :D
Oh good grief, this is bordering on the lunatic! :-)

Not only do we have a "good morning/afternoon/evening" thread, now we've got a "good night" thread as well?!

OK, so who's going to start the "I'm taking a break, be back in 5 minutes" thread? :-)
blakstar: Oh good grief, this is bordering on the lunatic! :-)

Not only do we have a "good morning/afternoon/evening" thread, now we've got a "good night" thread as well?!

OK, so who's going to start the "I'm taking a break, be back in 5 minutes" thread? :-)
Do you want me to start it, Lord Dredd? LOL
blakstar: Oh good grief, this is bordering on the lunatic! :-)

niniendowarrior: Do you want me to start it, Lord Dredd? LOL
I'm sorry, should that have gone in the "Insane suggestions" thread or the "Who wants to start a thread?" thread? Please reply in the new "Answers to silly questions" thread -- speaking of which, who wants to start that thread? Or am I posting in the wrong thread? :-D

(The answer to which of course should be posted in the "Answers to silly questions" thread, by whoever starts that thread.)

Oh well, Goodnight all!
Post edited October 01, 2013 by blakstar
niniendowarrior: Do you want me to start it, Lord Dredd? LOL
blakstar: I'm sorry, should that have gone in the "Insane suggestions" thread or the "Who wants to start a thread?" thread? Please reply in the new "Answers to silly questions" thread -- speaking of which, who wants to start that thread? Or am I posting in the wrong thread? :-D

(The answer to which of course should be posted in the "Answers to silly questions" thread, by whoever starts that thread.)

Oh well, Goodnight all!
Hey blak, I have the thread up now.
Torchlight anyone?
niniendowarrior: Torchlight anyone?
nr +1