It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

MysterGifter: What you mean?
niniendowarrior: What he means is, instead of posting the code publicly and letting the game get napped by some thankless lurker, declare the game you want to give and say like first person to reply to your message gets the game via PM.
Oh okay. I am sorry for doing it wrongly. I will do this next time. Thank you.
niniendowarrior: What he means is, instead of posting the code publicly and letting the game get napped by some thankless lurker, declare the game you want to give and say like first person to reply to your message gets the game via PM.
MysterGifter: Oh okay. I am sorry for doing it wrongly. I will do this next time. Thank you.
No need to apologize. It's just a preference among us in the Ninja club because some people just grab games and don't thank the giver. It is your call how you want to give the games. :)
high rated
Tower Wars for someone who wants it

(Steam)
MysterGifter: Oh okay. I am sorry for doing it wrongly. I will do this next time. Thank you.
Well, there is no "right or wrong" way, every gifting is always appreciated. This way however you can filter out people who <exaggeration and generalization> consider themselves too important to waste time thanking the guy who is selflessly about to provide them with a game for free.

</exaggeration and generalization>
MysterGifter: Tower Wars for someone who wants it

(Steam)
can i have it?

(Steam)
darkplanetar: can i have it?
sent
darkplanetar: can i have it?
MysterGifter: sent
thanks +1

(Steam)
Arigatou gozaimashita for the game drop! :D
As others have said - theres no right or wrong way to gift your games, but the "reply first" ethod ensures its not just some lurker or bot or thankless person taking the code - there have been a few scammers here (one known to hold multiple accounts), so asking people to reply can also help you decide whether the person is someone like that, or a forum member / person that deserves your generosity.
Others way to gift a code include hiding it...
rodrolliv: Others way to gift a code include hiding it...
^ this too. puzzles are popular for this - though rodroliv here is often more inclined to hide the code or instructions in a different form of media.

Edit: Well, this is an ironic screenshot from Hotline Miami just now! (in reference to my bit about scammers earlier).

XENATAR anyone?!
Attachments:
Post edited September 11, 2013 by Sachys
Sachys: Edit: Well, this is an ironic screenshot from Hotline Miami just now! (in reference to my bit about scammers earlier).

XANATAR anyone?!
He he he.
Sachys: ^ this too. puzzles are popular for this - though rodroliv here is often more inclined to hide the code or instructions within an image
Tonight is different
rodrolliv: Tonight is different
Heheh!
It's different everytime with you! :)
Sachys: ^ this too. puzzles are popular for this - though rodroliv here is often more inclined to hide the code or instructions within an image
rodrolliv: Tonight is different
I tried to do a word puzzle for the Coronation Scot DLC... but I just have that puzzle burnout. Can't get myself to do any of that.