It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

IAmSinistar: What's with all the young fresh faces on the gifting threads? I'm feeling like an old man in a raincoat, hanging out by the playground with a pocket of candy. And that's not right, because it isn't Saturday.
if so , don't eat those candy , for the sake of your theeth :P
IAmSinistar: What's with all the young fresh faces on the gifting threads? I'm feeling like an old man in a raincoat, hanging out by the playground with a pocket of candy. And that's not right, because it isn't Saturday.
It's friday 13th here - its the freeloadocalypse evidently. Far too many of them with far too many requests and none want to partake oustside of gift threads it seems either.
I'm thinking the old idea of a new 100 rep plus ninja thread may be in order if this trend continues.
Depends what you mean by young :-)

I've been lurking for a looooong time -- just look at the join date :-)
rodrolliv:
Face - meet the screen again - repeatedly!

DAMN YOU RODROOOoooOoOoooo!!

;)
blakstar: I've been lurking for a looooong time -- just look at the join date :-)
In my case I'm on about the jun 2013 - this month join dates
Post edited September 12, 2013 by Sachys
rodrolliv: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post43626

Reposting for better structure

1 2 3 4 - 5 6 7 8 - 9 10 8 10 - 2 11 12 13
Proof positive that I'm a moron, certified :P
rodrolliv:
Sachys: Face - meet the screen again - repeatedly!

DAMN YOU RODROOOoooOoOoooo!!

;)
blakstar: I've been lurking for a looooong time -- just look at the join date :-)
Sachys: In my case I'm on about the jun 2013 - this month join dates
Ahhh! I thought you mean recently popping up on the forums! :-)
Sachys: It's friday 13th here - its the freeloadocalypse evidently. Far too many of them with far too many requests and none want to partake oustside of gift threads it seems either.
I'm thinking the old idea of a new 100 rep plus ninja thread may be in order if this trend continues.
Aye, I was thinking summat meself. There's a bit of that "let's rock the candy machine until a free choccy falls out" going on.

blakstar: Depends what you mean by young :-)

I've been lurking for a looooong time -- just look at the join date :-)
Not you mate, you contribute outside the asking. It's this sudden crop of new joins with single digit reps that are asking for loads of titles in one post, often AAA ones. Puts me right off my milk of human kindness (fresh squeezed from street urchins).
blakstar: Ahhh! I thought you mean recently popping up on the forums! :-)
Well, that too (but in the case of new users - ACTUAL new users) - but we have seen you here and there before if i remember in my time here. Plus, you havent been begging for games (FF 7? PLEASE FF7! and so on) - you have in fact been gifting - which says a lot more about your intentions to the community! :)
So many of the ones I'm on about have no intent to partake otherwise unless theyre being given something. Thats my real beef-point on this.
It also happened earlier in the year (though not to this extent) which make me wonder how they've all found the site at once - and by random. My guess is theres an FB group, or forum thread somewhere telling people GOGs an easy place to get free games for nothing. That would be unpleasant at best.
Sorry for the rant btw folks!

IAmSinistar: Not you mate, you contribute outside the asking. It's this sudden crop of new joins with single digit reps that are asking for loads of titles in one post, often AAA ones. Puts me right off my milk of human kindness (fresh squeezed from street urchins).
xakklydat!
IAmSinistar: Which bundle is that on? Or is that a separate observation?
te_lanus: It's on Desura, was in a bundle bur can't remember which one,
Groupees BeMine 8
Sachys: It also happened earlier in the year (though not to this extent) which make me wonder how they've all found the site at once - and by random. My guess is theres an FB group, or forum thread somewhere telling people GOGs an easy place to get free games for nothing. That would be unpleasant at best.
i have a guess : when gog offered Torchlight for free , for a limited period of time. .P
Sachys: It also happened earlier in the year (though not to this extent) which make me wonder how they've all found the site at once - and by random. My guess is theres an FB group, or forum thread somewhere telling people GOGs an easy place to get free games for nothing. That would be unpleasant at best.
DyNaer: i have a guess : when gog offered Torchlight for free , for a limited period of time. .P
Nah, we had an influx then, but this is a random tsunami right now (see the join dates -august and september for a lot). I think though that the torchlight thread still gifting out codes may not help - that will definately draw traffic, and some will look around the forum for what else is free no doubt, but still... it's a bit odd!
blakstar: Ahhh! I thought you mean recently popping up on the forums! :-)
Sachys: Well, that too (but in the case of new users - ACTUAL new users) - but we have seen you here and there before if i remember in my time here. Plus, you havent been begging for games (FF 7? PLEASE FF7! and so on) - you have in fact been gifting - which says a lot more about your intentions to the community! :)
So many of the ones I'm on about have no intent to partake otherwise unless theyre being given something. Thats my real beef-point on this.
It also happened earlier in the year (though not to this extent) which make me wonder how they've all found the site at once - and by random. My guess is theres an FB group, or forum thread somewhere telling people GOGs an easy place to get free games for nothing. That would be unpleasant at best.

IAmSinistar: Not you mate, you contribute outside the asking. It's this sudden crop of new joins with single digit reps that are asking for loads of titles in one post, often AAA ones. Puts me right off my milk of human kindness (fresh squeezed from street urchins).
Sachys: xakklydat!
Well, I've got to admit I did put a couple of games from my wishlist on the GOG Community Gift forum earlier today, but I wouldn't have felt right about doing it without trying to give back something to the community.
thing is, I've nowt against new people - just when all they do is CHEAP! CHEAP! at the mother beak of gifting - thats creepy and it stinks of that person we all can't stand...
blakstar: Well, I've got to admit I did put a couple of games from my wishlist on the GOG Community Gift forum earlier today, but I wouldn't have felt right about doing it without trying to give back something to the community.
Exactly - when i started here (actually not long after I became ACTIVE on the forums I posted on the non gog thread, and soon realised - "oh yeah - ive done nothing for these guys!" - so stayed away for some time i think. But I got involved in generl threads - tried to answer help threads and such.
What I found was more valuable to me than any of the gaming experiences I've had from the free games people on here have gifted me / I've won... and thats the worst of it with the current case under discussion. I think this is one of / the one forum o the net where people actually give a shit about each other, about communicating and about people generally - without a payback, yet each one who arrives and begs for games without putting in otherwise just dilutes and cheapens that more and more.

Seriously sorry for the ranting guys - but most of you have seen my "numpties" GA - and this is one of the angles that angers me so much as it also fules the fire of the other angles I mentioned in the OP. Hopefully you get where I'm coming from and you dont just think im being some grumpy, entitled old cunt.

Additional: those of you that are new, let us get to know you a bit, partake in differing aspects of the community here before you start asking for some AAA title or whatever - meantime nobody will mind you snapping a freeb here and there on Ninja or winning a GA , but some of you really do push it on the gifting threads with repeated requests / several requests or bumps a day.
So please, if you want to stay do so - but JOIN USSSSSSS! - we ARE a good natured bunch, but you have to partake to partake for some of it.
Anyway, speaking of greedy, bloodsucking......... erm... anyone want a Steam code for Obulis that I seem to have lurking here? :-)
blakstar: Anyway, speaking of greedy, bloodsucking......... erm... anyone want a Steam code for Obulis that I seem to have lurking here? :-)
Heheh!
Cheers, but I'll pass!