It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Austrobogulator: Hello again, the person that PMs me the lowest unique number below 100 will win a $2.39 EA game from the sale of their choice. I'll let this run for two hours.

This time though, you may only pick prime numbers. The number 1 does not count as a prime number.

Also, only one guess per person - no changing your guess.
~1 hour left.
~15ish mins left.
Austrobogulator: ~15ish mins left.
Can't PM you, maybe is your confing or something.

Edit: forget that, must have been my internet -_-
Post edited May 04, 2013 by Crsldmc
Aaaand that's it. Congrats to...

Spinoral.
What was the winning number?
He guessed 13.
Austrobogulator: He guessed 13.
Ah, I was close. :)
Thanks for the giveaway.
Post edited May 05, 2013 by adambiser
Austrobogulator: He guessed 13.
Thanks for the ninja giveaway :)
Thanks a ton for your generosity, Austrobogulator, as well as for making things exciting!

I think, given that my pick 13 was not random, I owe it to people to comment briefly on my reasoning for it.

Firstly, it never really occurred to me that superstition might drive people away from it, something that in hindsight was probably a mistake. I reasoned from the bottom up, figuring that 2 and 3 were likely to be picked, possibly heavily, given lugum won the last such contest with 2 (which was second lowest then). Some people would reason similarly and then probably pick 5.

Now, the pick of 7 was actually revealed, which served as an important stimulus. Some, feeling the necessity to beat it, would have gone lower, to 5. Others would have opted for the next lowest prime, 11. The revealed 7 was likely (hopefully) already just one of several picks, thus negating the choice. This all leaves 13 as the first prime outside this convoluted chain of reasoning. Indeed, I was initially pondering the choice of 11, but the revealed 7 bumped it up a notch.

Finally, this was all speculative reasoning and, without knowing even the number of entries, could have been entirely off. I was banking on the two hour period yielding a fairly large number of entries, thus increasing the weight of the described patterns. If less than ten or so people had entered, my pick would almost certainly have been a dud.
Thanks again for the giveaway Austrobogulator .Was sleeping in that time :)
high rated
Post Mortem Steam:

KJ4RH-N8LFG-WAND*

PM me for the missing letter. I reserve the right to not give it to some people though (most likely if you have no/few posts on the forum).
Post edited May 05, 2013 by SirPrimalform
SirPrimalform: Post Mortem Steam:

KJ4RH-N8LFG-WAND*

PM me for the missing letter. I reserve the right to not give it to some people though (most likely if you have no/few posts on the forum).
You could just go over the alphabet and get in in no time ? don't see point in hiding last letter :D

NR btw
TwisterBE: You could just go over the alphabet and get in in no time ? don't see point in hiding last letter :D

NR btw
This. :D

KJ4RH-N8LFG-WAND*

NR, +Rep and ditto!
though maybe hide a couple to make it harder for some nameless ninja! :P

KJ4RH-N8LFG-WAND*

Oh, and thanks. It did work, so no nameless ninja.