It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Gazoinks: Not really. A month or two ago some scammer went crazy with alt accounts and stealing stuff, and everyone was scarred by it.
Everyone was "scarred by it"? Do you mean "scared" of him?

I think nobody was scared of that scammer, only more cautious. After all, he was a nobody, and one of many who cowardly lurk looking for people to cheat for games that they (the scammers) don't need and won't play.
Post edited January 09, 2013 by Azrael360
Azrael360: *snip*
v. scar
v.tr.
2. To leave lasting signs of damage on: a wretched childhood that scarred his psyche.
IronStar: Worth noting:

http://www.thefreebundle.com/
There's also this one:
The Free Indie Bundle

Stooner: There's also this one:
The Free Indie Bundle
The other one has Celestial Mechanica - and I managed to miss that that one went free. :D
Post edited January 09, 2013 by IronStar
Azrael360: *snip*
drennan: v. scar
v.tr.
2. To leave lasting signs of damage on: a wretched childhood that scarred his psyche.
I thought of that, but it sounded really weird about the scammer: "scarred by it", that's why I thought you meant "scared of him"... :P

The Free Indie Bundle
I love Ski Challenge :-)
DCT:
KylieM: I got a reply from him... but. Well, see for yourself:

http://imgur.com/ex7mh

I'm not really sure what to say...
I don't know you, and you don't know me. I don't know if you are just a very kind soul who got scammed and then wanted to share, or just another scammer giving away used keys for rep.

For me, what is hard to understand is who would ever think that trading using e-mails would be a very good idea. E-mails are easily created, even for the purpose of deceive people and then abandon the e-mails created. You should never trade using that. If you're trading, for example, in Steam, you use their trading forums and then the private chat to trade items, or maybe keys. Under Steam, EVERYTHING is logged, even the deleted posts and threads. They're never deleted, only hidden for public view. That way there's a proof of that scam. There's a registry of the people involved who can easily be tracked for investigation. You should never do that under Steam's off limits. Also, Steam will never recover your stolen items or keys, but at least there's the log of that event.

What is also hard for me to understand is, why the scammer will keep his/her e-mail and keep using it. Is he retarded, very stupid, or what? And how he/she was able to reply you so soon...

Again, I don't know you, this post has the purpose to warn you and many others to never trade using that method. If something I wrote offended you, I really apologize. Please, be more careful in the future.
The Free Indie Bundle
IronStar: The other one has Celestial Mechanica - and I managed to miss that that one went free. :D
yeah, I remember seeing this game a while ago...
Also people seems to like Stealth Bastard... ;p
The Free Indie Bundle
benderz: I love Ski Challenge :-)
And I never heard of it.... :P
Post edited January 09, 2013 by Stooner
KylieM: I got a reply from him... but. Well, see for yourself:

http://imgur.com/ex7mh

I'm not really sure what to say...
Azrael360: I don't know you, and you don't know me. I don't know if you are just a very kind soul who got scammed and then wanted to share, or just another scammer giving away used keys for rep.

For me, what is hard to understand is who would ever think that trading using e-mails would be a very good idea. E-mails are easily created, even for the purpose of deceive people and then abandon the e-mails created. You should never trade using that. If you're trading, for example, in Steam, you use their trading forums and then the private chat to trade items, or maybe keys. Under Steam, EVERYTHING is logged, even the deleted posts and threads. They're never deleted, only hidden for public view. That way there's a proof of that scam. There's a registry of the people involved who can easily be tracked for investigation. You should never do that under Steam's off limits. Also, Steam will never recover your stolen items or keys, but at least there's the log of that event.

What is also hard for me to understand is, why the scammer will keep his/her e-mail and keep using it. Is he retarded, very stupid, or what? And how he/she was able to reply you so soon...

Again, I don't know you, this post has the purpose to warn you and many others to never trade using that method. If something I wrote offended you, I really apologize. Please, be more careful in the future.
I know Kylie and I am sure she would never do something like that. She gave a lot (games) to this community and those worked and not all that redeemed thanked her. And about trusting Steam....I got scammed by a known community member (not going to say his name). I did contacted steam and guess what: They told me that the guy made a ticked WITH proofs (I later discovered the proofs where photoshoped pictures of our chat) telling that I scammed him. What I got from this? A 3 month Trade Ban and all my rep that I ever earned distroyed. And about the used keys I am 100% sure (I can guarantee) that it was not Kylie fault.
Stooner: And I never heard of it.... :P
So follow your link and try it, it's free :-D
Stooner: And I never heard of it.... :P
benderz: So follow your link and try it, it's free :-D
I mean, *before*
I'll do that, just watched the trailer... ;p
robb5: And about trusting Steam....I got scammed by a known community member (not going to say his name). I did contacted steam and guess what: They told me that the guy made a ticked WITH proofs (I later discovered the proofs where photoshoped pictures of our chat) telling that I scammed him. What I got from this? A 3 month Trade Ban and all my rep that I ever earned distroyed.
Damn, I'm really sorry for you. And the Support over there can be really... (sigh)
So far, all I know is that Steam is now logging everything... maybe that's not entirely true. Maybe that's why you got only a ban of 3 months instead of permanent. Although, I have tested the Steam forums myself and the deleted posts and threads are not entirely deleted... If you know where to look, they can still be seen in your profile.
robb5: And about trusting Steam....I got scammed by a known community member (not going to say his name). I did contacted steam and guess what: They told me that the guy made a ticked WITH proofs (I later discovered the proofs where photoshoped pictures of our chat) telling that I scammed him. What I got from this? A 3 month Trade Ban and all my rep that I ever earned distroyed.
Azrael360: Damn, I'm really sorry for you. And the Support over there can be really... (sigh)
So far, all I know is that Steam is now logging everything... maybe that's not entirely true. Maybe that's why you got only a ban of 3 months instead of permanent. Although, I have tested the Steam forums myself and the deleted posts and threads are not entirely deleted... If you know where to look, they can still be seen in your profile.
Well a friend of mine who knows the community very well told me that the one who scammed me also know a person that works at Valve so that might explain a part of the situation.
And you are right about the forum, the posts or topics you make never dissapear.
The Free Indie Bundle
Damn.. Stealth Bastard Deluxe link is not working.. wanted this game
The Free Indie Bundle
Tarun: Damn.. Stealth Bastard Deluxe link is not working.. wanted this game
Wasn't Stealth Bastard Deluxe, the commercial version of that game?