It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tarunmutreja: this is the third time... this has really started to irritate me... another gone without knowing who took it :( I guess this sneaky one is a real super ninja 0=,
Thespian*: It's really sad when this happens... Perhaps a bot? How are you, mate? ;)
just calming down... how are you?
tarunmutreja: this is the third time... this has really started to irritate me... another gone without knowing who took it :( I guess this sneaky one is a real super ninja 0=,
Thespian*: It's really sad when this happens... Perhaps a bot? How are you, mate? ;)
XD
Don't just post them directly, or else bots will take them. Try re-arranging the brackets, or something similar.
tarunmutreja: just calming down... how are you?
Fine, thanks!

And if it's any consolation, I'm really grateful for the game collection that you posted here a couple of days ago and that I ninja'ed. :)
i'm looking at this post and it's ridiculous with all the people who take keys and don't even acknowlegde that they took the key. We need a new system for this. PM's?
Licurg: Don't just post them directly, or else bots will take them. Try re-arranging the brackets, or something similar.
First Post :
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post12271
5Q4QE-4FKA5-SNDPM

Second Post:
http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/ninja_giveaway/post12281
5Q4QE-4FKA5-[SNDPM]

Then the guy who took the key in the PM said he was gonna redeem it when he reaches home... i mean thats not ninja work so i posted it here

:(
Cavalieroscuro: XD
Oh, I just look over the previous pages and I see Wakalo is still around.

And I said a bot! How naive of me... :D
What I thought of last night is how our problems could be solved is:

1. Make it necessary to have a gog account to see posts ( like I have seen in other forums )
2. The ability for rep requirements and account age requirements to see certain posts

I think that would work out quite well for us if those changes were made
tarunmutreja - don't let it get to you. You do need to change a couple of things like Licurg said, to stop the bots scanning. You dont always get "thanks" either - but if you gift expecting nothing at all, every person that does say thanks, lights up your day all the more :D
Ian: tarunmutreja - don't let it get to you. You do need to change a couple of things like Licurg said, to stop the bots scanning. You dont always get "thanks" either - but if you gift expecting nothing at all, every person that does say thanks, lights up your day all the more :D
Will do mate... thanks
Ian: tarunmutreja - don't let it get to you. You do need to change a couple of things like Licurg said, to stop the bots scanning. You dont always get "thanks" either - but if you gift expecting nothing at all, every person that does say thanks, lights up your day all the more :D
Words of wisdom from Ian. You have to accept that some people are just inconsiderate towards other human beings. Treat these people the same way, you treat some kind of annoying dog barking in the distance.
Post edited October 22, 2012 by langurmonkey
dr.zli: i'm looking at this post and it's ridiculous with all the people who take keys and don't even acknowlegde that they took the key. We need a new system for this. PM's?
agreed, i like this idea
1+
dr.zli: i'm looking at this post and it's ridiculous with all the people who take keys and don't even acknowlegde that they took the key. We need a new system for this. PM's?
or do it as some is currently doing, First to state that they want it get it by PM. gonna stop 90% of the bots
te_lanus: or do it as some is currently doing, First to state that they want it get it by PM. gonna stop 90% of the bots
I agree with this, sad to see people who really care for the community get zero recognition. We can also ask kind people at gog.com to consider making some posts only readable by people with gog accounts as one of the previous posters said. That will cut some of the bots, the rest we can eliminate by PMs and making requirements for the giveaway.

Example:

Hi' I'm giving away 1 copy of coolgame XI, first ninja who PMs me gets it

or

Hi, I'm giving away 20 copies of megashooter 23, First ninja with rep>30 who PMs me gets it.

What my esteemed forumites think? :)
Either that, or make the codes into puzzles that bots can't solve (like some people have done). I personally enjoy racing to crack a code for a game :).