It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

NameGoo: Don't mind me!
Just passing by...
Late to the party.... as always... ;p

But if you allow me to say, Journey is awesome, not only because of the journey itself, but because isn't always that you can beat a game without using any weapon... (Not that i've played, want to, and someday i'll definitely do...)
And by the looks of it, not meant to be played (only), but felt....
Post edited September 24, 2012 by Stooner
johnki: -snip-
johnki: http://esolangs.org/wiki/EXCON

^ Read to get the Steam key for SpaceChem.
Wrote a quick and dirty EXCON parser to get the key, but it's been redeemed. Anyway. Thanks for the hint.
niniendowarrior: Wrote a quick and dirty EXCON parser to get the key, but it's been redeemed. Anyway. Thanks for the hint.
No idea who took it. Stooner just messaged me saying it was already gone, and it wasn't gone before I posted it. Meh.
johnki: http://esolangs.org/wiki/EXCON

^ Read to get the Steam key for SpaceChem.
niniendowarrior: Wrote a quick and dirty EXCON parser to get the key, but it's been redeemed. Anyway. Thanks for the hint.
Which was the code? I was just trying this EXCON using the old method "by hand" and I got this code: 2386-3CE5-E3AD-73BQ
Azrael360: 2386-3CE5-E3AD-73BQ
2386-3CE5-E3AD-73BE

So you just missed the last letter. Here's hoping that I didn't screw that up on the very last letter, haha.
Azrael360: 2386-3CE5-E3AD-73BQ
johnki: 2386-3CE5-E3AD-73BE

So you just missed the last letter. Here's hoping that I didn't screw that up on the very last letter, haha.
Ha ha, I just wanted to confirm. SpaceChem is not my type of game, so I didn't want to redeem it, just waiting for the solution :)
Azrael360: Ha ha, I just wanted to confirm. SpaceChem is not my type of game, so I didn't want to redeem it, just waiting for the solution :)
Yeah, to be honest, I chose that language very deliberately after choosing the other two and the thing with the ASCII values, as opposed to just going "eeny meeny miney mo" with the list on Esolangs.

I had actually hoped people would figure it out, especially when I got a few people messaging me about the Brainfuck puzzle, and with the readability of it when you know what you're looking for.

Anyways, I'll be going back to the game challenges when I'm done with my MiniLD 37 entry because I like making em, and apparently they're fun for everyone else too. :)
johnki:
Either way, it was a cool "puzzle", at least for me. I like this type of encrypted challenges.
Thanks for the giveaway! :)
Azrael360: Either way, it was a cool "puzzle", at least for me. I like this type of encrypted challenges.
Thanks for the giveaway! :)
No problem. I'll keep that in mind.

With languages like that, I've always been much more interested in their structure than actually writing in them, so actually writing in Brainfuck and EXCON was quite the exercise.

If I can ever figure it out, I'm definitely doing a Malbolge one though. Unless you really know what you're talking about, it doesn't appear to have a structure, so the responses to that one would just be too funny.

EDIT: Hello world in Malbolge:
('&%:9]!~}|z2Vxwv-,POqponl$Hjig%eB@@>}=<M:9wv6WsU2T|nm-,jcL(I&%$#"
`CB]V?Tx<uVtT`Rpo3NlF.Jh++FdbCBA@?]!~|4XzyTT43Qsqq(Lnmkj"Fhg${z@>
Post edited September 24, 2012 by johnki
LOL... That's... that's quite the challenge! (O_o)U
Post edited September 24, 2012 by Azrael360
Azrael360: LOL... That's... that's some challenge! (O_o)U
You should see 99 bottles of beer on the wall. You know, the one that properly loops.

EDIT: I think this is it. http://99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-malbolge-995.html
Post edited September 24, 2012 by johnki
johnki: You should see 99 bottles of beer on the wall. You know, the one that properly loops.

EDIT: I think this is it. http://99-bottles-of-beer.net/language-malbolge-995.html
Holy c...! :D, That's the perfect recipe for a headache, in case you need one!! :P
Azrael360: Holy c...! :D, That's the perfect recipe for a headache, in case you need one!! :P
Well, one day I'd like to learn it, just for the challenge, but it's quite the mathematical language, with every operation requiring careful calculation of the next symbol that will be used.
Azrael360: Holy c...! :D, That's the perfect recipe for a headache, in case you need one!! :P
johnki: Well, one day I'd like to learn it, just for the challenge, but it's quite the mathematical language, with every operation requiring careful calculation of the next symbol that will be used.
Well, good luck with that! That's beyond my patience... ha, ha! (^_^)U
johnki: No idea who took it. Stooner just messaged me saying it was already gone, and it wasn't gone before I posted it. Meh.
The only reason I bothered was that nobody seemed to be responding so I thought of writing an EXCON parser.