It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm on the last question right now, so I managed to get number 4 (albeit I haven't played it). >_>
Post edited September 19, 2012 by mrcrispy83
You guys have done much better than I have. I'm still stuck on #3. haha.
I solved it and claimed the key page. I'll post the solution in a minute after I redeem the steam key.

Thanks johnki.
mrcrispy83: I solved it and claimed the key page. I'll post the solution in a minute after I redeem the steam key.

Thanks johnki.
Congrats!
mrcrispy83: I solved it and claimed the key page. I'll post the solution in a minute after I redeem the steam key.

Thanks johnki.
Congratulations!
and +1 to johnki!

Thanks johnki.
Oh sweet. I'll let you have sweet victory by posting the answers. :)

Good job, though. :D Hope you enjoyed it.

EDIT: If he doesn't post em soon, I might. >.>
Post edited September 20, 2012 by johnki
First two are pretty obviously Pikmin and Chibi Robo. (well, if you had a game cube. didn't own chibi robo but my cousin did.)

Couldn't guess the first number 3. Tried all sorts of random things like Tales series, Wild Arms series, Neverland series, Touhou and Gundemonium and other shmups, Etrian odyssey, some Castlevanias, etc. but it didn't work. The alternate number 3 is Killer 7 (especially with a second clue of "Smith" being there).

Fourth is Deadly Premonition. Thought the clue was a bit too vague at first, but then took a guess because I read the hg101 article on the series.

Fifth game had me wracking my brains for a bit since the obvious guess of Oregon Trail and its sequels didn't work. I tried a bunch of random beat em ups like Golden Axe thinking that it might have a wagon level where you punch animals for food as well as some western themed games like Sunset Riders and Tinstar. Then I considered I might be overthinking it and that it might be an Oregon Trail fangame, googled games with wagons in them, and came up with another answer. The last one was Super Amazing Wagon Adventure.
Post edited September 20, 2012 by mrcrispy83
Never played Killer 7. I'm pretty sure I would have just quit even if I guessed that one.
mrcrispy83:
Congratulations. I don't recall hearing of any of these before. I was stuck at #1. :D
mrcrispy83: Couldn't guess the first number 3. Tried all sorts of random things like Tales series, Wild Arms series, Neverland series, Touhou and Gundemonium and other shmups, Etrian odyssey, some Castlevanias, etc.. The alternate number 3 is pretty clearly Killer 7 (especially with a second clue of "Smith" being there).
niniendowarrior: I was expecting something Japanese, to be honest. The description alone screams it. I'm expecting something at the same level as Onechanbara.
You guys probably have no idea what this is, but Cy Girls (only footage that I could find of Ice that wasn't recorded by a camera facing a TV...the person playing seems not to know what cover is) was a video game spawned out of a line of Japanese toys (I think. Can't remember exactly) that was pretty much a low budget Metal Gear Solid clone with some really nice action scenes, and a lot of samey looking hallways with lots of annoying backtracking and a few crappy puzzles (that were only really crappy because of the limits imposed on the player).

I actually thought that SAWA would be easy to guess since it was just in the Indie Royale bundle.
funnily enough I was trying to remember the name of a couple low budget stealth/spy games that I saw at the used game store and probably was cy girls, but I couldn't remember the name

niniendowarrior: Never played Killer 7. I'm pretty sure I would have just quit even if I guessed that one.
I haven't played killer 7 either, but got it from reading the hg101 article about the series.
Post edited September 20, 2012 by mrcrispy83
niniendowarrior: Never played Killer 7. I'm pretty sure I would have just quit even if I guessed that one.
mrcrispy83: I haven't played it either, but got it from reading the hg101 article about the series.
Oh, it's brilliant. It took on rails shooters to a level you couldn't imagine they could go to. It was called out by a few known critics of gaming when it was released, but it's one of the most well-done on-rails shooters I've ever played, and it's got a really cool art style to boot.

The "smiling...whatevers" thing came from the fact that the enemies are called "Heaven's Smiles".

EDIT: Actually, in general Goichi Suda (aka Suda51) is a really good game designer. They just take the right mindset to really appreciate them, especially with how varied they are.
I've never heard of Cy Girls. Ever. haha.
Post edited September 20, 2012 by niniendowarrior
niniendowarrior: I've never heard of Cy Girls. Ever. haha.
I realized that after I put the IF up, haha. I'll know to go a little less obscure next time.
On Suda51... I've played No More Heroes but never really appreciated his taste for games. It's just odd ball Japanese stuff that surely has its own following.