It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
rtcvb32: I wonder... With the Spellforce series on the list, I should get it for trading later?
Matruchus: Nobody knows if the codes will work later so Im not sure if that is a good idea.
That sounds bad... To my understanding if you buy a gift code using money, then they will be good since the publisher got their money, the ownership of who owns the game just is temporarily in the air... Unlike with say the Fallout free giveaway where there was no transaction of money so the value of the gift codes was rejected after the games were pulled off the shelves...

Now I'm hesitant... because I know I loved the spellforce games for as little as I've played them, and being able to trade with the 75% discount sounds promising... Course I'd probably be trading for games that have similar pricing come Halloween...
rtcvb32: I wonder... With the Spellforce series on the list, I should get it for trading later?
Matruchus: Nobody knows if the codes will work later so Im not sure if that is a good idea.
Codes you pay for will be valid indefinitely.
djdarko: Codes you pay for will be valid indefinitely.
Has that been confirmed by gog - since if I remember correctly when some other games were removed the codes for gifting became invalid after some time.
djdarko: Codes you pay for will be valid indefinitely.
Matruchus: Has that been confirmed by gog - since if I remember correctly when some other games were removed the codes for gifting became invalid after some time.
That was for freebie codes, not for games that were paid for.
ReynardFox: I refuse to use Steam out of principle, I have ethical issues with the service that I cannot resolve, and I believe that when you stand for or against something you commit to it.

So I might miss out on a game or two, I know that, but I value my principles more than convenience.
ktchong: I think the so-called "fair" pricing is economically unfair. It seems that I am not the only one who thinks that way. When I signed up for GOG and started buying here, there was no "fair pricing" BS. I I did not know GOG would implement the "fair pricing" idiocy. If I had known, I likely would have never bought anything from GOG, knowing that fair pricing is bad business that would lead to the inevitable loss of publishers and titles, to difficulty in signing up new publishers, and ultimately to a smaller and stagnant catalog. That was not what I signed up for. I did not sign up for less games. I did not sign up for movies. I did not sign up for "fair pricing". I signed up for games and more games. But that is not how GOG has turned out.

The fair pricing BS just came out of nowhere and was quickly shoved down my throat even as I - as a customer who had already paid and locked into the ecosystem - strongly objected to it. So I feel that I have been baited-and-switched. Bait-and-switch is certainly an ethical issue. I feel bait-and-switch is a way more serious ethical transgression than DRM or whatever Steam has done. Steam has certainly never made me feel so "screwed over". So from now on, I really should buy from Steam. Out of principle. It is an, ethical issue.

It is your logic.
Don't be ridiculous...

The three principles GOG were founded on are:

1) DRM Free games so you can install and play with no connection
2) No geographical restrictions for who can buy a game
3) The same price no matter where you are in the world ($5.99 and $9.99 back then)

Those were the three things stated on the site clearly at the time.

The third point was the " fair pricing bullshit" as you put it.

Now additional price points have been added over time (do you recall the debate when Assassin's Creed and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 were added?) but that was the same price for all still.

Point two has already been blurred with some games being censored depending where you but from.

Point three is now entirely broken with 28 games having regional cost differences.

Point one is still there thankfully although it has been up for debate what this actually means on occasion.

In addition to this the practice of preorder only exclusive content has started.

Please read through the thread again with the logical, not emotional, part of your brain engaged along with a little empathy to see things from points of view outside the United States bearing in mind that CD Projekt is not a US company.
Damn, all hopes of having Titan Quest on GOG have been dashed :(
jimbob0i0: Don't be ridiculous...

The three principles GOG were founded on are:

1) DRM Free games so you can install and play with no connection
2) No geographical restrictions for who can buy a game
3) The same price no matter where you are in the world ($5.99 and $9.99 back then)

Those were the three things stated on the site clearly at the time.

The third point was the " fair pricing bullshit" as you put it.

Now additional price points have been added over time (do you recall the debate when Assassin's Creed and RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 were added?) but that was the same price for all still.

Point two has already been blurred with some games being censored depending where you but from.

Point three is now entirely broken with 28 games having regional cost differences.

Point one is still there thankfully although it has been up for debate what this actually means on occasion.

In addition to this the practice of preorder only exclusive content has started.

Please read through the thread again with the logical, not emotional, part of your brain engaged along with a little empathy to see things from points of view outside the United States bearing in mind that CD Projekt is not a US company.
I'm from Poland, and I agree with kchtong.

In my opinion GOG is too active in the areas they should be not. I'd prefer devs and publishers to set the price, if that made them bring their games here.

The only thing I care is drm-free and no regional exclusions (I mean, I don't care about regional prices, but I don't want some people to not be able to buy a game).

Seriously, fair pricing is a joke. It's still not fair If someone from Poland has to pay the same price as someone from UK. We earn x times less than you guys, what's fair about the same price?

I think GOG should be focused on bringing more good games (and good old games). I don't need GOG to deal with things that lead to 35 games being removed from their catalogue.
Nordic games business terms are ending, well.. Shit happens, for certain. And Black Mirror 1 & 2 that just made it.. I am buying Silver, I recall trying it on a Dreamcast, fond of these old FF7 like pre-rendered 2D with "cute" 3D models, and one of the few games not available on Steam to warrant my purchase. Farewell, Nordic Games and hopefully GOG works a new business agreement to see you back here!
Post edited August 29, 2014 by koima57
SLP2000: Seriously, fair pricing is a joke. It's still not fair If someone from Poland has to pay the same price as someone from UK. We earn x times less than you guys, what's fair about the same price?

I think GOG should be focused on bringing more good games (and good old games). I don't need GOG to deal with things that lead to 35 games being removed from their catalogue.
Why is it that only polish users agree with Americans that don't loose noting by having this website fair priced and also going by the response on gogs last youtube annonuncement about the changes here most people were most happy about the fair pricing policy since they can't get that anywere else.

And if you read Nordic response to this thread you would already know this does not have anything to do with regional pricing but with gogs currency scheme. You should really read that.
SLP2000: Seriously, fair pricing is a joke. It's still not fair If someone from Poland has to pay the same price as someone from UK. We earn x times less than you guys, what's fair about the same price?
You underestimate the poverty in the US and the whole world seems to underestimate the poverty of Eastern Germany.

Poland is not so bad off in comparison as it was 10-20 years ago, times have changed, the class differences have grown tremendously in most countries and people only seem to look at what the upper class of each country is earning.
So, is there going to be a usual weekend sale? Or will that be skipped due to everything else going on currently?
And this isn't fair argument.

Games are all the same through distribution, why make a price difference? Why make some people pay more for the same thing that cost the same?

Making it everything dirt cheap for everyone isn't good either.

A unique base price is a better idea. Those who want to wait for a price drop, they do. Nobody needs to buy games the instant they're out (or even preorder them).

If you put forth again the argument of your unfair poorness compared to other countries them make goddam actions to improve your country. I'd get behind that.
Matruchus: Why is it that only polish users agree with Americans that don't loose noting by having this website fair priced
I'm from Greece and I also agree that there is no fair pricing. Flat pricing is not fair, regional pricing is also not fair. I keep proposing that the price of games should be in beers, but noone wants to implement that.
Zoidberg: Games are all the same through distribution, why make a price difference? Why make some people pay more for the same thing that cost the same?
Change the flat prices to beers, and make the same argument. $9.99 may buy 2 beers in US, 4 beers in Poland, 10 beers in India. So the $9.99 game is priced differently in different countries. Why make some people pay more for the same thing?
Post edited August 29, 2014 by JMich
JMich: I'm from Greece and I also agree that there is no fair pricing. Flat pricing is not fair, regional pricing is also not fair. I keep proposing that the price of games should be in beers, but noone wants to implement that.
Well if you give me fair pricing I will give you a beer from Hofer or Lidl ;) Only 50 euro cents there ;)

But seriously not one of these pricing schemes is fair but fair pricing policy is a lot fairer to most in comparison to what regional pricing would bring - an advantage to a few countries and the rest is screwed. But since regional pricing is slowly being implemented here I don't know why I am even defending the fair pricing principle anymore lol
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Matruchus
Matruchus: an advantage to a few countries and the rest is screwed.
The lower class all over the world is screwed this way and may go back to piracy.

I'm so glad that I was after all those sales in the last 1,5 years because somehow I knew this time will end and I may need a backlog later.
Post edited August 29, 2014 by Klumpen0815