It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
LeonardoCornejo: I know the devs and publishers are to blame here, and of course it is unfair that we are the ones affected the most by this.
Let's hope that GOG can find some agreement of sorts with them and put the games back in their catalogue later on.
undeadcow: Kudos to DampSquib for brightening things up with his generosity.
Crosmando: Does anyone know why Nordic are leaving GOG?
undeadcow: Here is Nordic's statement on GOG removals: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post729

Here is GOG's perspective: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226

Shendue: Appearently, they decided they wouldn't stay anymore on GOG unless GOG went with regional pricing for their games...
undeadcow: This is not what those statements say, GOG allows regional pricing on many games... regional pricing wasn't really the issue.
GOG allows regional pricing on new games. After many people (including myself) protested over the decision to introduce regional prices, they decided to avoid putting regional pricings at least on the classic games. Therefore, all the oldies have fair prices.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Shendue
ThomNG: ...exchange-rate orientated pricing would leave us in the unenviable position of constantly having to adapt our pricings in all territories on- and offline to ensure an equal treatment...
is this too radical an idea? let the retailers set their own prices?!
Shendue: GOG allows regional pricing on new games. After many people (including myself) protested over the decision to introduce regional prices, they decided to avoid putting regional pricings at least on the classic games. Therefore, all the oldies have fair prices.
On the contrary - http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1
DampSquib: Yup, only thing that caught me out was the code in the gift list is 4 characters short.
Had to go to email....not sure if that a feature or bug.

Talking of codes here is another, and you are all most welcome :)

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
Actually, looks like Penumbra is still available in the code(?)
but I don't think I'm interested on that... still nice change to the redeeming system.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Stooner
Crosmando: Does anyone know why Nordic are leaving GOG?
undeadcow: Here is Nordic's statement on GOG removals: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post729

Here is GOG's perspective: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226

Shendue: ...they wouldn't stay anymore on GOG unless GOG went with regional pricing for their games...
undeadcow: This is not what those statements say, GOG allows regional pricing... regional pricing wasn't really the issue.
Nevermind, i've just read Nordic's statement. I thought the issue was the fair price policy because most people in this topic assumed it, but in fact the problem is the local currency thing, that was a decision by GOG itself.
ThomNG: ...exchange-rate orientated pricing would leave us in the unenviable position of constantly having to adapt our pricings in all territories on- and offline to ensure an equal treatment...
IanM: is this too radical an idea? let the retailers set their own prices?!
And allow a retailer to make their companies games a loss leader to pull in folk and boost sales of their competitors products?
Shendue: Nevermind, i've just read Nordic's statement. I thought the issue was the fair price policy because most people in this topic assumed it, but in fact the problem is the local currency thing, that was a decision by GOG itself.
It is amusing how many people jump to the conclusion that regional pricing is the culprit, it's not as simple as that; but the assumption that so many have made region pricing is the dealbreaker just shows how sensitive the community is (even while GOG secretly adopts regional prices). I'm still hopeful there will be a resolution.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by undeadcow
Shendue: One of the reasons i joined GOG was, indeed, the fair pricing. I understand that you may not get how big an issue it is for many of us, but i assure you that for many people like me it's an issue no less important than the DRM thing, if not even MORE important.
Of course it's annoying, but the difference is only money. DRM is about control, about freedom. You cannot outweight freedom with money.
Shendue: GOG allows regional pricing on new games. After many people (including myself) protested over the decision to introduce regional prices, they decided to avoid putting regional pricings at least on the classic games. Therefore, all the oldies have fair prices.
undeadcow: On the contrary - http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1
All of those listed are indie games. None of them are oldies. I rest my case.

Here is Nordic's statement on GOG removals: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post729

This is not what those statements say, GOG allows regional pricing... regional pricing wasn't really the issue.
Shendue: Nevermind, i've just read Nordic's statement. I thought the issue was the fair price policy because most people in this topic assumed it, but in fact the problem is the local currency thing, that was a decision by GOG itself.
You know, I made a sugestion to fix this in the community wishlist, it has been advancing steadily.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by LeonardoCornejo
So... many... whiners.

I've some hope that the game will come back and I'm lucky to have bought them all before this event. But the illogical reactions to their removal is just too much.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Eniena
Huh, why couldn't you just get rid of some of the crappy newer games instead? But no you have to get rid of the older titles, which is the very reason I ever gave two glances to this website in the first place. And I do mean the first, I was here day one. For the, you know, the classic games. :l
Shendue: One of the reasons i joined GOG was, indeed, the fair pricing. I understand that you may not get how big an issue it is for many of us, but i assure you that for many people like me it's an issue no less important than the DRM thing, if not even MORE important.
eiii: Of course it's annoying, but the difference is only money. DRM is about control, about freedom. You cannot outweight freedom with money.
It's more of a matter of fairness than money. If it was the money, i would just use a proxy and a fake account. It's very easy to circumvent those restrictions. The problem is that regional prices, as they work nowadays, are a blatant ripoff. It's no less a matter of fairness than DRMs.
Anyway, as the user undeadcow just pointed me at, the fair price thing isn't the reason behind this very issue. In fact, it has nothing to do with it. Nordic's spokesmen said themselves that the issue is the new local currency feature. They think that constantly having to adjust the price in local currencies according to the actual exchange rate would be too much of an hassle.
DampSquib: Yup, only thing that caught me out was the code in the gift list is 4 characters short.
Had to go to email....not sure if that a feature or bug.

Talking of codes here is another, and you are all most welcome :)

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
Stooner: Dang it, too late to check what was in the code...

btw, it looks 4 characters more, not less :)
Yup along with alien nations.....oh and it's 4 short here...missing 4 in email.
Caught myself out wondering why my own code was invalid :P
Late...that's my excuse.
(Fucked up the quote shit) ahhhhh ha :( bad squib.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by DampSquib
DampSquib: Yup along with alien nations.....oh and it's 4 short here...missing 4 in email.
Caught myself out wondering why my own code was invalid :P
Late...that's my excuse.
I couldn't see Alien Nations (maybe that's because I already own it?)

I see 4 blocks of 5 characters now... but I could be wrong too, everything I see is gray...

DampSquib: (Fucked up the quote shit) ahhhhh ha :( bad squib.
Late. That's your excuse. :)

And also, thanks for the kindness!
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Stooner