It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
high rated
DampSquib: Most welcome, and here is a few more.
Ixamyakxim: I checked this code and didn't redeem anything (thank you so much for doing this DampSquib!)

BUT I did find a cool new feature (the first I like in the redesign?)

You can now "pick and choose" which games to redeem. I think in the past it was redeem all or none. Or redeem partial codes but only if you already own games in the code (I think I've only redeemed one "multi code" and that was one I purchased as a gift for myself, so I don't totally know how it went). Now you can click a box to only take the ones you want! Neat!
Yup, only thing that caught me out was the code in the gift list is 4 characters short.
Had to go to email....not sure if that a feature or bug.

Talking of codes here is another, and you are all most welcome :)

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
DampSquib: snip...
Weird, both say invalid already. (oh i see...)

Thanks though.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by djdarko
Ixamyakxim: I checked this code and didn't redeem anything (thank you so much for doing this DampSquib!)

You can now "pick and choose" which games to redeem. I think in the past it was redeem all or none. Or redeem partial codes but only if you already own games in the code (I think I've only redeemed one "multi code" and that was one I purchased as a gift for myself, so I don't totally know how it went). Now you can click a box to only take the ones you want! Neat!
DampSquib: Yup, only thing that caught me out was the code in the gift list is 4 characters short.

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
Thank you so much! I went with Gothic 2 and Guild 2 but wow oh wow plenty of goodies left! Gothic is "one of those games" I've been told is amazing but could be "love it or hate it." I've always passed on it and I feel like a bit of a jerk for taking it (I was just gifted a great game I'm going to dive into soon) but I couldn't resist.

DampSquib: Yup, only thing that caught me out was the code in the gift list is 4 characters short.

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
Wow, that's REALLY generous of you - thanks! I already blew $50 on it, so I owned most of them and just claimed 2 I was on the fence about and left the rest :).
DampSquib: Talking of codes here is another
Grabbed another single game from the pack, thank you man!
This new system to partially redeem codes is way better than the old one.
Finally, I'm ninja level1! ; )
Post edited August 28, 2014 by phaolo
high rated
G-Doc: The original news post is not that detailed, so I suppose some further explanation is needed. Our aim was to give you - as always - best possible DRM-Free digital distribution platform, focused on the people who use it. We believe in freedom of choice and fair treatment for all. For that reason, as we're introducing local currency payments, we're following the simple truth that $1 does not equal 1€, in other words, that 1:1 currency exchange rate for digital goods prices make absolutely no sense and are not fair to the buyers.

For that reason, along with the local currency payment option, we're starting to use our own pricing scheme that brings the value of non-US Dollar prices as close to their actual equivalents as we can help it. A game with $5.99 price tag - for example - will cost 4.49 Euro, 3.69 Pounds Sterling, 6.49 Australian Dollars, and 219 Roubles respectively.

Now, this is not your standard approach to pricing - just like our DRM-Free policy is not a standard approach to digital goods ownership. We did our best - and so did all of our partners, to keep all of the games in our catalog and offer them in the pricing scheme we've figured out, that we think is fair to all of you guys. Unfortunately, some of our developer and publisher friends had other obligations that made it impossible to reach a common ground. So, despite our combined efforts, the only sensible thing left to do, was to withdraw the problematic titles from our offer for the time being.

We know this is quite a radical step, and we're sorry if this causes you any concern. We do hope, that we'll figure this out in the future and will be able to re-introduce all these games to the GOG.com offer. There's definitely the will to do that on both ours, and our partners' side. For the time being, they've been kind enough to offer you a last chance to get the games we're removing from sales with a nice discount, so they can remain in your collections regardless of their future fate on GOG.com.

I hope this puts things into proper perspective, and clears out at least most of your questions.
JinseiNGC224: I joined GOG for the DRM-free, so I could truly own everything I bought. I don't care what I pay, as long as I'm paying the hard working people at GOG and publishers/developers who put these games on your digital shelves legally. You sell at what you need to sell at and just change the pricing of games as you strike agreements. Straight out removing the games is a huge, huge hit to your selection, and it doesn't leave a good feeling.

I'd rather pay a high price than no price.

Just bring them back sooner than later. This is very heart breaking news and it weigh's heavy on GOG's selection of titles, as they are losing one of their best current partners, Nordic, among some others, and you already lost the Fallouts last winter. Many of these games JUST got here, and others are GOG staples. And I really hope that the makers of Amnesia, and their next horror game coming out in 2015, makes it here.

I do NOT want to join steam or any other platform to play games I've wanted for years. I'd rather buy them here.

Don't become so wrapped up with keeping everything a certain way that it's not realistic. But also remember that there are many of us who will pay anything for our games, regardless of price point, as long as it's legit.

Work for fair bit by bit, but don't make it the ultimatum.
I just love how, coincidentally, most of those considerations come from people who live in the USA and never had to pay much more every time they bought a game for like i had to do for years. I couldn't care at all if they increased all the prices. If it was for me, they could raise all the prices now. I just don't see why i have to pay a price that is substantially higher than yours for the very same product, even considering VAT.
If you don't mind paying more, than convince all other GOG customers from US to pay an increased price and ask GOG to reprice all games with european prices, or the equivalent sum in dollars. Then watch all the people that are thumbing you up now run away from GOG to go buy those games on Steam sales instead.
I have no doubt you would agree to pay an increased sum, but the vast majority of people wouldn't. And before pointing fingers at people as if they were crybabies, remember that we ALREADY PAID increased prices for all games. FOR DECADES. Start adding 35% to all of your gaming purchases from now on and in 15 years you stll wouldn't have paid as much as me.
One of the reasons i joined GOG was, indeed, the fair pricing. I understand that you may not get how big an issue it is for many of us, but i assure you that for many people like me it's an issue no less important than the DRM thing, if not even MORE important.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Shendue
JinseiNGC224: I joined GOG for the DRM-free, so I could truly own everything I bought. I don't care what I pay, as long as I'm paying the hard working people at GOG and publishers/developers who put these games on your digital shelves legally. You sell at what you need to sell at and just change the pricing of games as you strike agreements. Straight out removing the games is a huge, huge hit to your selection, and it doesn't leave a good feeling.

I'd rather pay a high price than no price.

Just bring them back sooner than later. This is very heart breaking news and it weigh's heavy on GOG's selection of titles, as they are losing one of their best current partners, Nordic, among some others, and you already lost the Fallouts last winter. Many of these games JUST got here, and others are GOG staples. And I really hope that the makers of Amnesia, and their next horror game coming out in 2015, makes it here.

I do NOT want to join steam or any other platform to play games I've wanted for years. I'd rather buy them here.

Don't become so wrapped up with keeping everything a certain way that it's not realistic. But also remember that there are many of us who will pay anything for our games, regardless of price point, as long as it's legit.

Work for fair bit by bit, but don't make it the ultimatum.
Shendue: I just love how, coincidentally, most of those considerations come from people who live in the USA and never had to pay much more every time they bought a game for like i had to do for years. I couldn't care at all if they increased all the prices. If it was for me, they could raise all the prices now. I just don't see why i have to pay a price that is substantially higher than yours for the very same product, even considering VAT.
If you don't mind paying more, than convince all other GOG customers from US to pay an increased price and ask GOG to reprice all games with european prices, or the equivalent sum in dollars. Then watch all the people that are thumbing you up now run away from GOG to go buy those games on Steam sales instead.
I have no doubt you would agree to pay an increased sum, but the vast majority of people wouldn't. And before pointing fingers at people as if they were crybabies, remember that we ALREADY PAID increased prices for all games. FOR DECADES. Start adding 35% to all of your gaming purchases from now on and in 15 years you stll wouldn't have paid as much as me.
I pay in USD, and I would not mind to pay a little more if that guarantees things will always be DRM free and there are good clasics, both old and new.

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
thanks for your great generoisity once more and i took 2 games from this code.
Shendue: I just love how, coincidentally, most of those considerations come from people who live in the USA and never had to pay much more every time they bought a game for like i had to do for years. I couldn't care at all if they increased all the prices. If it was for me, they could raise all the prices now. I just don't see why i have to pay a price that is substantially higher than yours for the very same product, even considering VAT.
LeonardoCornejo: I pay in USD, and I would not mind to pay a little more if that guarantees things will always be DRM free and there are good clasics, both old and new.
Still, you didn't have to do it for decades, so i think you can't really feel how big an issue it is for us. I understand your concerns, but please, consider that many people, like me, consider the fair price thing as important as the DRM issue, if not even more.
I won't deny your right to voice your opinion if you disagree, but blaming people for a completely legitimate and reasonable dissent we showed when GOG suggested to strip us of the fair price policy is nonsensical.
If anyone's to blame, those are the developers that first agreed to sell games with no regional prices and then ran away because of that reason. What do you think is more logical? Disagreeing with a price policy change or agreeing with a price policy and then deciding you don't agree with it anymore unless it gets changed?
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Shendue
Does anyone know why Nordic are leaving GOG?
LeonardoCornejo: I pay in USD, and I would not mind to pay a little more if that guarantees things will always be DRM free and there are good clasics, both old and new.
Shendue: Still, you didn't have to do it for decades, so i think you can't really feel how big an issue it is for us. I understand your concerns, but please, consider that many people, like me, consider the fair price thing as important as the DRM issue, if not even more.
I won't deny your right to voice your opinion if you disagree, but blaming people for a completely legitimate and reasonable dissent we showed when GOG suggested to strip us of the fair price policy is nonsensical.
If anyone's to blame, those are the developers that first agree to sell games with no regional prices and then ran away because of that reason. What do you think is more logical? Disagreeing with a price policy change or agreeing with a price policy and then deciding you don't agree with it anymore unless it gets changed?
I know the devs and publishers are to blame here, and of course it is unfair that we are the ones affected the most by this.
Crosmando: Does anyone know why Nordic are leaving GOG?
Appearently, they decided they wouldn't stay anymore on GOG unless GOG went with regional pricing for their games,
because of some unspecified "other obligations" (i don't know if that means a clause with Steam or other publishers or something else, it wasn't clearly explained).
Kudos to DampSquib for brightening things up with his generosity.
Crosmando: Does anyone know why Nordic are leaving GOG?
Here is Nordic's statement on GOG removals: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post729

Here is GOG's perspective: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226

Shendue: ...they wouldn't stay anymore on GOG unless GOG went with regional pricing for their games...
This is not what those statements say, GOG allows regional pricing... regional pricing wasn't really the issue.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by undeadcow

AB126-DB915
2414A-65F9D
Dang it, too late to check what was in the code...

btw, it looks 4 characters more, not less :)
Since code drops are going on here, if anyone wants a copy of Torchlight, send me a PM!