It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Siegor: spellforce shadow wars here and amnesia and Penumbra on Steam (Don't hit me!)
Understandable mistake, GOG is looking like Steam now.
low rated
ktchong: Which is why I do not understand people who say they refuse to use Steam. Do they know how many games they are missing out?
undeadcow: This is exactly the reason so many people avoid Steam; it's scary the monopoly Steam has on the industry twisting video gaming into something it never has been before - pushing social media fluff, requiring online connections, and other forms of DRM.
I do NOT play any online game. I do not play any MMO. I do not play any MOBA. I do not play any online game of any kind. I do not even play the online or multiplayer component of any single-player game. I am adverse to "online" game of any kind. (Which was why and how Blizzard and Xbox lost me as a customer.)

When I use Steam to play a game, I have always use offline mode. I do not use any of its social media fluff. I do not use any of its online features. I do not care for any of its badges or achievements or whatever Steam calls it, (i.e., I do not even know how many or what badges or achievements I have earned on Steam; I know I have some because I saw them.)

I only log onto Steam to activate or download games. After that, I immediately switch back to offline mode. I have never had any problem with it. I have more of a problem with GOG having a smaller and smaller library, losing one publisher and game after another, not adding any major title or publisher in a long time, and adding an unnecessary and unwanted "movies" section, than the DRM requirement of logging onto Steam once to activate a game.

A game being "DRM free" is nice, but having DRM has never been a deal breaker for me; ultimately, "DRM free" is optional. Your mileage may be different. Honestly though, most people - i.e., the overwhelming majority of gamers - do not care about DRM, as long as it is not overly intrusive. I certainly do not. Which is why Steam continues to be so successful. Which is why the "DRM crusade" so many people here want to enforce on everyone else is pointless and will not have much of an impact. But hey, if you refuse to buy from Steam due to DRM, then you go ahead. I will continue to buy from Steam because it is not that much of a big deal for me. And stop harassing people over "supporting DRM" - we care about games, not DRM. Stop enforcing YOUR belief, YOUR crusade, on other people who really do not give a damn - extremist and radical behaviors are more offensive than DRM.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by ktchong
high rated
ktchong: All of the digital and physical games I bought on Amazon were activated/downloaded via Steam.

Heck, many games sold in boxes are activated on Steam. The physical retail copies of Skyrim (Bethesda), XCOM (2K) and South Park: Stick of Truth (Ubisoft) require Steam activation. South Park is particularly strange because it uses Steam instead of UPlay for activation.

Which is why I do not understand people who say they refuse to use Steam. Do they know how many games they are missing out?
I won't be blackmailed into using a system I have nothing but contempt for (and that has nothing but contempt for the consumer). If that means I'm missing out on some overhyped flavour of the month, so be it.

On that note, retail copies of singleplayer games that require an online account are the worst kind of bullshit this industry has ever devised. It's a disease, it needs to go. If you want a game on Steam, buy it from fucking Steam, don't contaminate the retail copies with this shit.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by fronzelneekburm
Penumbra is on this list and exists on linux though gog doesn't propose the linux version. Is there a chance gog will do some day the linux version even if it's not in the catalogue anymore?
So basically reading Nordic games post its now obvious that the problem is on gogs side by doing all the different currencies and currency changes coming from that - those currency features were never wanted or demanded by most of the community. Why couldn't gog just stick with USD only prices as before? This seemed a bad idea already in the time of the regional pricing outrage especially since it was obvious that the publishers are not ready to go with the 1$ is not 1€ concept. And if some people have issues with the cost of currency conversion they should go and change their bank or use paysafe cards.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Matruchus
fronzelneekburm: I won't be blackmailed into using a system I have nothing but contempt for (and that has nothing but contempt for the consumer). If that means I'm missing out on some overhyped flavour of the month, so be it.

On that note, retail copies of singleplayer games that require an online account are the worst kind of bullshit this industry has ever devised. It's a disease, it needs to go. If you want a game on Steam, buy it from fucking Steam, don't contaminate the retail copies with this shit.
Don't worry about this guy. He is firmly anti-GOG and firmly pro-DRM. The GOG thread on the Bethesda site makes this pretty obvious in some recent responses to my request to bring the Fallouts back here.

Edit: and by this guy, of course I mean the guy fronzelneekburm was responding to: ktchong.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by budejovice
cycloidemperor: Penumbra is on this list and exists on linux though gog doesn't propose the linux version. Is there a chance gog will do some day the linux version even if it's not in the catalogue anymore?
Don't bet on it. The Linux version would require the publisher's consent. You know, the one who is pulling the game from sale.
fronzelneekburm: On that note, retail copies of singleplayer games that require an online account are the worst kind of bullshit this industry has ever devised. It's a disease, it needs to go. If you want a game on Steam, buy it from fucking Steam, don't contaminate the retail copies with this shit.
This. Publishers don't give a shit though. Whatever makes shareholders happy, and shareholders want measures against piracy, regardles of wether or not the measures really work or present a worse experience to players.
Thanks for the warning! :-) Had some of those on my wishlist.
fronzelneekburm: On that note, retail copies of singleplayer games that require an online account are the worst kind of bullshit this industry has ever devised. It's a disease, it needs to go. If you want a game on Steam, buy it from fucking Steam, don't contaminate the retail copies with this shit.
RafaelLVX: This. Publishers don't give a shit though. Whatever makes shareholders happy, and shareholders want measures against piracy, regardles of wether or not the measures really work or present a worse experience to players.
Sadly enough, you can't just blame the publishers/shareholders. The players are just as much to blame. Whenever some new game shows up on amazon, there will be a small army of Steamheads that vocally demands their retail copy better be playable on Steam, otherwise they won't purchase. People who give 1-star reviews for Steam-tied retail games (which I'm always grateful for, because the product description seldom mentions any DRM-measures) have to put up with an avalanche of bullshit from Steam-friendly users.
Siegor: Thank you so much for the links. There seems to be some consensus regarding gothic, freedom force, red faction, silver and spellforce.

P.S. Love your avatar!
P.S.S. This first part was a reply to Lemon Curry but I think I screwed up somehow.
No worries, I saw your post. I'm glad you found the links useful. And thanks for the avatar compliment. :)

Siegor: ... on Steam (Don't hit me!)
Why? Is it contagious?! ;P
Not read all 44 pages (so far) of this thread, but looking at the first tens of posts in this thread, I wanted to say:

Well done to GOG.com for looking at the broader picture (not just at DRM-free games), for sticking by their policy of non-differential regional pricing. It is good that one vendor is saying "no" to games industry idiocy.
high rated
FSHero: ...Well done to GOG.com for looking at the broader picture (not just at DRM-free games), for sticking by their policy of non-differential regional pricing. It is good that one vendor is saying "no" to games industry idiocy.
Regretfully the exact opposite is the case. GOG has increasingly implemented regional pricing adding 23 games to regional pricing just yesterday. Who knows what is going on with Nordic, but GOG sure hasn't been consistent about much and GOG has certainly come to embrace regional pricing.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1
Post edited August 28, 2014 by undeadcow
FSHero: ...Well done to GOG.com for looking at the broader picture (not just at DRM-free games), for sticking by their policy of non-differential regional pricing. It is good that one vendor is saying "no" to games industry idiocy.
undeadcow: Regretfully the exact opposite is the case. GOG has increasingly implemented regional pricing adding 23 games to regional pricing just yesterday. Who knows what is going on with Nordic, but GOG sure hasn't been consistent about much and GOG has certainly come to embrace regional pricing.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1
Thanks for the link, I wish I would have seen this before posting here.
undeadcow: [..]
Ah! All those colors!
Thanks