It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
LeonardoCornejo: I just made a wish with my proposal of USD lock

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/make_a_usd_lock_for_games_with_pricing_issues

Please if you agree, vote for it.
fronzelneekburm: Personally, I'd prefer a USD lock for all the games. I just don't see the obvious upsides to users being able to pay in their respective currencies, maybe somebody is willing to educate me on these.
Well, but GOG is adamant on keeping regional pricing.
undeadcow: I think the new visibility of international currency just makes it really explicit if there is any standard pricing difference even if that has been the case all along.
Reaper9988: I guess that makes sense although it just highlights how silly the whole industry is.

It's ok to sell to a german for 10$ but if it's for 7.5€ it's a huge problem to the other partners lol.

Well ok I guess they're either really silly or really stupid for not having noticed before(not nordic the other "partners").
Both is kinda equally unflattering.
Right. The industry is silly in many parts. You just have to play the "game".

But indeed, that makes the introduction of different currencies into the GOG site even more questionable. GOG should have known it before.
Reaper9988: It's ok to sell to a german for 10$ but if it's for 7.5€ it's a huge problem to the other partners lol.
undeadcow: We don't even know if any "other partners" have a problem; I certainly don't think Steam would object or even notice as giant as they are. Nordic is just being "pro-active."
True, and for all we know the statement by nordic could be just smoke and mirrors anyways.
I guess I'll settle for someone somewhere is being really silly.
djdarko: That DRM Free stance is the reason everyone is here rather than on Steam...
synfresh: Here is a newsflash, there are many GoG customers that are also Steam customers (some more than others).
Wow, thanks for that dude. That added so much to the conversation.

Are you saying people prefer to buy games here because a reason other than being DRM free?

Everyone is trying to claim another reason, yet I haven't seen any yet.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by djdarko
synfresh: Here is a newsflash, there are many GoG customers that are also Steam customers (some more than others).
djdarko: Wow, thanks for that dude. That added so much to the conversation.

Are you saying people prefer to buy games here because a reason other than being DRM free?

Flat pricing(yeah i know this one's shaky now), no required proprietary downloader and they do seem like likable folk to me, unlike other sites i dealt with.
That count ?
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Reaper9988
Garret02: Btw. this whole situation is quite funny.

Good (well, some) old games are being taken down because of regional pricing (well, not regional pricing per se, but the way GOG is handling it). Regional pricing was introduced here to get more new, mostly shitty, AAA games. So good old games has to go, so new shitty ones can come. And this place is still called "Good Old Games". You're kind of like Americans with their "Football".

There is loads of classic old great games that are still not here and yet you're trying to get new games. I think I said something along those lines during regional price introduction but I'll repeat myself. You're only successful, because you found a niche and didn't directly compete with steam. If you'll go out of this niche, you'll get eaten alive, because user base that brought you success will go away.
They made there own version of regional pricing so NO ONE wins,people who want more new and old games get nothing and people who wanted a fair price think they one but thats just because they didn't look close enough.

Its a crappy decision by gog and needs to be reversed.

Yes, DRM-Free is not the only reason people shop here. It may be the primary reason for many, but it's not the only reason and in some cases, isn't the reason at all.

You made a blanket statement saying DRM-Free is the reason everyone buys here and that's simply not true.

Reaper9988: Flat pricing(yeah i know this one's shaky now), no required proprietary downloader and they do seem like likable folk to me, unlike other sites i dealt with.
That count ?
Thanks, it's certainly better than nothing. And I agree with all of it, though I still keep seeing arguments for and against the flat pricing bit.
Garret02: Btw. this whole situation is quite funny.

Good (well, some) old games are being taken down because of regional pricing (well, not regional pricing per se, but the way GOG is handling it). Regional pricing was introduced here to get more new, mostly shitty, AAA games. So good old games has to go, so new shitty ones can come. And this place is still called "Good Old Games". You're kind of like Americans with their "Football".

There is loads of classic old great games that are still not here and yet you're trying to get new games. I think I said something along those lines during regional price introduction but I'll repeat myself. You're only successful, because you found a niche and didn't directly compete with steam. If you'll go out of this niche, you'll get eaten alive, because user base that brought you success will go away.
+1, best post of the thread. There was a time where GoG never thought of themselves as directly competing with Steam because they were selling to mainly to different customer interests with older games. At some point they realized that old games wasn't bringing in enough money but the problem is once you start offering pretty much the same products as everyone else, you start to lose your identity of what made you unique in the first place. DRM-Free wasn't the only reason.
I've compiled a list of all the promo artworks for the 35 soon to be gone Nordic Games titles, find it here

These pictures will be gone in a couple days when those 35 games will be removed from the catalog.

Thanks to AriDoom for posting about how to find these images.
Reaper9988: no required proprietary downloader
That would be DRM, wouldn't it?
Reaper9988: Flat pricing(yeah i know this one's shaky now), no required proprietary downloader and they do seem like likable folk to me, unlike other sites i dealt with.
That count ?
djdarko: Thanks, it's certainly better than nothing. And I agree with all of it, though I still keep seeing arguments for and against the flat pricing bit.
Ah my problem with the regional pricing bit (although i really like flat pricing the inane euro prices on sites are really annoying) is not so much the actual price.
But the fact that once they start dropping their principles people and especially businesses don't stop.
Just look at not so humble anymore bundle.

I'm pretty convinced that if regional pricing went fully through there's a good chance we would see DRM games here at some point.
Fight the beginnings :P
eiii: That would be DRM, wouldn't it?
Oh man (or lady) don't get people started on that, I heard there's a forum thread 1000 pages long with people arguing over that question.
Actually that's usually reason for debate although I personally agree.
But there is a few games from steam you can play without having the steam client installed once you used it to download ie.
So eh I guess it's a matter of definition.
djdarko: Oh man (or lady) don't get people started on that, I heard there's a forum thread 1000 pages long with people arguing over that question.
lol
Garret02: There is loads of classic old great games that are still not here and yet you're trying to get new games. I think I said something along those lines during regional price introduction but I'll repeat myself. You're only successful, because you found a niche and didn't directly compete with steam. If you'll go out of this niche, you'll get eaten alive, because user base that brought you success will go away.
synfresh: +1, best post of the thread. There was a time where GoG never thought of themselves as directly competing with Steam because they were selling to mainly to different customer interests with older games. At some point they realized that old games wasn't bringing in enough money but the problem is once you start offering pretty much the same products as everyone else, you start to lose your identity of what made you unique in the first place. DRM-Free wasn't the only reason.
Some other niches that GOG could excel at are getting games that aren't so old re-released here DRM free. Some of the Ubisoft games are great examples. I'd love to see games like Darksiders or the complete version of Saints Row released her. So many games just over two years old can be bought for $5 on a Steam sale. Dump the DRM and breathe new life into them. I also think releasing some new games that are a direct throwback to the old days are a great fit here. Games like Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Grim Dawn and Shadowrun Returns.