It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Reaper9988: Does GOG require absolutely accurate exchange rate prices that change on a daily basis ? That would be somewhat silly.
I think the new visibility of international currency just makes it really explicit if there is any standard pricing difference even if that has been the case all along.

GOG has set prices for each currency, see G-doc's post here on page 6. These are set to be equivalent but vary as much as $0.12 in relative price per currency due to inconsistent exchange rates.
Reaper9988: Does GOG require absolutely accurate exchange rate prices that change on a daily basis ? That would be somewhat silly.
undeadcow: I think the new visibility of international currency just makes it really explicit if there is any standard pricing difference even if that has been the case all along.

GOG has set prices for each currency, see G-doc's post here on page 6. These are set to be equivalent but vary as much as $0.12 in relative price per currency due to inconsistent exchange rates.
I guess that makes sense although it just highlights how silly the whole industry is.

It's ok to sell to a german for 10$ but if it's for 7.5€ it's a huge problem to the other partners lol.

Well ok I guess they're either really silly or really stupid for not having noticed before(not nordic the other "partners").
Both is kinda equally unflattering.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Reaper9988
djdarko: That DRM Free stance is the reason everyone is here rather than on Steam...
Gonchi: No, it was one of the reasons. Now it's the only one left.
What exactly were the other reasons?
djdarko: What exactly were the other reasons?
If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention.
undeadcow: I think the new visibility of international currency just makes it really explicit if there is any standard pricing difference even if that has been the case all along.

And the fact it is flat and not doing a spot check for conversion shows up the "we'd have to keep continually changing things on the others stores to keep it the same!" bit of ThomNG's post for the straw man argument that it is.
djdarko: That DRM Free stance is the reason everyone is here rather than on Steam...
For me it was the one reason to join GOG. A clear statement that anything purchased here is guaranteed to be DRM free. Not like other stores where you have to check every time if something is DRM free and still get fooled in the end because you missed a small footnote somewhere.
Reaper9988: But as said before I'm all for a poll or vote from GOG just so we have clarity on this matter.
A poll would be great. We already had a poll over DLC so why not have one over this.
LeonardoCornejo: I just made a wish with my proposal of USD lock

http://www.gog.com/wishlist/site/make_a_usd_lock_for_games_with_pricing_issues

Please if you agree, vote for it.
Good idea, voted:)
Reaper9988: It's ok to sell to a german for 10$ but if it's for 7.5€ it's a huge problem to the other partners lol.
We don't even know if any "other partners" have a problem; I certainly don't think Steam would object or even notice as giant as they are. Nordic is just being "pro-active."

fronzelneekburm: **
LOL at your new gray avatar!
Post edited August 28, 2014 by undeadcow
djdarko: What exactly were the other reasons?
Gonchi: If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention.
If that's your answer maybe you don't know either.
serpantino: It's funny how people are targeting this whole fair pricing thing as being the thing holding gog back, when gog's biggest one is their drm free stance.
Here is a newsflash, there are many GoG customers that are also Steam customers (some more than others).
high rated

Personally, I'd prefer a USD lock for all the games. I just don't see the obvious upsides to users being able to pay in their respective currencies, maybe somebody is willing to educate me on these.

Moonbeam: Good idea, voted:)
Wow, I just made it a few minutes ago and it has grown quite big, I thought it was a crazy idea, but now it seems it has future, maybe I should sugest the one of asking for donations when they are short on money to make a deal.
Btw. this whole situation is quite funny.

Good (well, some) old games are being taken down because of regional pricing (well, not regional pricing per se, but the way GOG is handling it). Regional pricing was introduced here to get more new, mostly shitty, AAA games. So good old games has to go, so new shitty ones can come. And this place is still called "Good Old Games". You're kind of like Americans with their "Football".

There is loads of classic old great games that are still not here and yet you're trying to get new games. I think I said something along those lines during regional price introduction but I'll repeat myself. You're only successful, because you found a niche and didn't directly compete with steam. If you'll go out of this niche, you'll get eaten alive, because user base that brought you success will go away.
Gonchi: If you don't know, you haven't been paying attention.
djdarko: If that's your answer maybe you don't know either.
Yup, it's the great mystery of out time.