It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
I've grabbed most of the games, but I have to say, if Nordic want out of DRM free. Then any new releases are not worth my time or anyone elses. I'm tired of being held like a criminal when I purchase a game. I paid for it, they have to let me access by law. But under their stipulations, I'd rather go buy a book.
Nordic still sells those games DRM free on Gamersgate. So don't think that they want out of that game.
Matruchus: Here post from Gdoc on this issue in this thread: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226
htown1980: thanks for the link. to me that sounds exactly like Nordic removing their games from gog's catalogue because they don't like/can't do the fair pricing thing.
It's not the publisher which makes the "fair" prices. The publisher gets it's "unfair" prices from GOG anyway. It's GOG which makes the "fair" prices for customers and compensates for the difference. Probably the difference in the case of the Nordic games would have been too high for GOG to make it an attractive deal. And that's the problem, "fair" prices make it unattractive for GOG to sell some games.
Garret02: Well, it's in our, customers, hands, really. If we buy those games elsewhere, publishers won't notice missing profits from GOG
... or we better buy them from GOG ... wait, they are not on GOG any more ... what now?

So far for "it's in customers hands" when GOG removes the games from their site.

Edit: I'm happy to buy my games from GOG if I can and I'm not one of those who switches to steam or other crippled platforms only because of some price difference as my by far first preference is DRM free.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by eiii
keeveek: No, I should pay LESS, becuase I earn approximately 3-4 times LESS than an American.

So I have to work 3 times more hours to buy a game working on similar job.
Zoidberg: No, you should not: a videogame is not a steack, a muscle car is not a steak, jewels are not steaks.

Sorry to break it down to you but videogames are luxury items, cultural items like books, movies and music... and luxury items. If a price is too high for a luxury item, wait for a sale, GOG makes them quite often.

Think five minutes upon that and you will see it's a sensible argument.

Cheers,
With the same logic it will be acceptable to put regional price on games, because if the regional priced game is too high, one should wait for a sales.

I hope people who backlash against regional pricing will not buy games unavailable in GOG from other platform. Since they are partly responsible for the smaller GOG catalog. If they vote against regional pricing and cannot take the consequence by buying games elsewhere, poor GOG is too pitiful for listening to their customers.
Matruchus: Exactly that's what im affraid off the price rip-off since everywhere else the pricing for me is about 30-50% higher for me (some games even are around 100% more expensive which is insane) than here and the problem is that some people have romantic views of regional pricing being something good. I don't mind if its about 10-15% as you said but usually its min. 30% and that's a big difference that even different VAT or regulations can't explain.
Niggles: Well usually get hit with 50%+ with Bethesda/2K/Activision games :/
Like this?
moonshineshadow: You can switch back but sadly the page does not remember this setting, everytime you revisit the website it is at euros again.
Pheace: If you mean display then yes, near the bottom there's an option to switch between Euro and Dollars.
Oh, I did not see that option. Thanks!
I blame the new site design, the option is half way outside of the screen. :P
Guess I'll go ahead and ask since this is a game sale thread (and I don't feel like talking about the drama that's already happening).

The Guild 1 and Summer, yea or nay?
RayRay13000: Guess I'll go ahead and ask since this is a game sale thread (and I don't feel like talking about the drama that's already happening).

The Guild 1 and Summer, yea or nay?
Have you already got Gothic 2?
That's one of the Must-Haves.

Also, The Guild and Summoner are good old games :) and at these prices, you can't go that wrong...

Here's a Let's Play of The Guild Gold Edition.
And another for Summoner.
Nordic certainly doesn't have a problem with DRM-free as you can have everything DRM-free on Gamersgate.
Since many asked for a DRM-free version of Titan Quest - that's there too.

But you see Nordic is one of those companies who have quite high prices in €. Gamersgate actually has you locked to your region's currency, something GoG wants to avoid. If I visit them, I can only pay in €. Let's for example look at Black Mirror 2, that costs 9.99€ for me. If you are from the US however, you only need to pay $9.99.

Now what GoG did is saying (to the developer / publisher): "We want to sell that game for $9.99 OR 7.49€ now due to our fair pricing policy" but this could mean trouble for the developer / publisher as other stores are locked to the 9.99€ price. It makes it very "visible" that GoG has lower prices than other stores and this could cause some issues you see (fair competition and stuff).
A question:

Maybe I'm a bit confused, but is GOG Galaxy going to add trophies etc. for games?

If so, are games that are no longer in the catalog going to be swept under the rug for this addition?
Worst news I ever seen on GOG!
That means my hopes to see TitanQuest one day released on GOG have vanished... :((

GOG, I don't know what your department responsible with publishers relationship is doing, but this is not a good sign...
Post edited August 28, 2014 by iuliand
Well, good reason to get Painkiller before it disappears from the catalogue. Just got mine.
StingingVelvet: When I lived in Georgia everything on Steam was cheaper than it was in America. Being in favor of regional pricing means wanting games to be cheaper in countries with lower wages and cost of living. If a publisher charges French prices in Georgia then the publisher is being an idiot, but that's their mistake to make.
How about countries with lower wages and disproportional (higher) cost of living?
RyaReisender: Nordic certainly doesn't have a problem with DRM-free as you can have everything DRM-free on Gamersgate.
Since many asked for a DRM-free version of Titan Quest - that's there too.

But you see Nordic is one of those companies who have quite high prices in €. Gamersgate actually has you locked to your region's currency, something GoG wants to avoid. If I visit them, I can only pay in €. Let's for example look at Black Mirror 2, that costs 9.99€ for me. If you are from the US however, you only need to pay $9.99.

Now what GoG did is saying (to the developer / publisher): "We want to sell that game for $9.99 OR 7.49€ now due to our fair pricing policy" but this could mean trouble for the developer / publisher as other stores are locked to the 9.99€ price. It makes it very "visible" that GoG has lower prices than other stores and this could cause some issues you see (fair competition and stuff).
they could still mask it with 9.99€ and then get back 2.50€ as gog mentioned it their video