It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Grabbed Freedom Force Vs 3rd Reich... might as well before it goes bye bye....
I don't know why all the rants. I love how gog.com is trying to hear and please everyone, and despite everything, there is always someone who just can't be satisfied.

Personally I think that gog.com is doing their best and I like the new changes. Cheers!
JohnnyDollar: Just to let some of you know something that you seem to be unaware of. These are markets we're talking about here. Publishers aren't some subsidized government program that sells games based on your income. It's based on the regional market, which includes several factors. If it was based only on income, the top countries would be paying the most and the bottom countries would be paying the least. They don't, because that's not how it works.
Exactly and that why gog's fair pricing policy is the least bad for most people. I would be interested how people would react if all games on gog were regional priceds besides those cca. 28 games (including older regional priced games on gog) now that are regionaly priced since yesterday.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Matruchus
MarkoH01: I still have a few questions left:

1) Why did they introduce local pricing at all (I never had problems paying in US$ with my card from Germany)?
DiscipleJF: Some cards and banks have issues with it. During some promo's when I bought games, the bank would stop all payment and it would take a 30 minute phone call to get it unblocked and working again. Just assuring them it wasn't fraud. This has happened multiple times as well. You can gather how annoying that is during promo's with a timer.

Of more note, it also helps people know what the exact price is so they can pay the bills, sometimes the currency conversions are off and you have to redo your bills.
I understand that this is annoying. But as far as I know there is alo the possibility to get another (free) credit card and I also think that the situation now is more annoying. Don't you think?
JohnnyDollar: Just to let some of you know something that you seem to be unaware of. These are markets we're talking about here. Publishers aren't some subsidized government program that sells games based on your income. It's based on the regional market, which includes several factors. If it was based only on income, the top countries would be paying the most and the bottom countries would be paying the least. They don't, because that's not how it works.
It is same as me travelling to US to buy a pair of jeans and than being charged 30% more just because I came from EU.

If you want to have regional prices make multiple regional stores and pay regional taxes.

Gog is only one store and the only difference in prices could result in VAT and not publisher's wishes.
DiscipleJF: Some cards and banks have issues with it. During some promo's when I bought games, the bank would stop all payment and it would take a 30 minute phone call to get it unblocked and working again. Just assuring them it wasn't fraud. This has happened multiple times as well. You can gather how annoying that is during promo's with a timer.

Of more note, it also helps people know what the exact price is so they can pay the bills, sometimes the currency conversions are off and you have to redo your bills.
MarkoH01: I understand that this is annoying. But as far as I know there is alo the possibility to get another (free) credit card and I also think that the situation now is more annoying. Don't you think?
No such thing as getting "another free" card here. You have to use what you can get, and a lot of the time, most are declined a credit card.
Moonbeam: Gothic leaving:(
You mean Gothic 2 and 3 (and the unmentionable expansion)
Hi,
As an old GOG customer I have to say I'm really disappointed that Nordic games is leaving this site. I really hope they will quickly be back on board because they have a huge number of interesting game franchises. Seriously losing all the Gothic, spellforce, red faction games is a f_ing disaster ( as well as the hope of one day having Saints Row and Darksiders games released here...) . This site deserves to be the home of GOOD games ( both classic and new) with no DRM and not just another random site selling crappy indie games and unknown movies no one cares about ( I apologize if I sound rude but I'm really upset at the moment....). I really love this site and I don't want it to die slowly because of the absence of major game releases... I will continue to support GOG though but I really hope you guys will find a way to release more big games ...
Matruchus: Exactly and that why gog's fair pricing policy is the least bad for most people. I would be interested how people would react if all games on gog were regional priceds besides those cca. 28 games now that are regionaly priced since yesterday.
I actually wonder if people go overboard. I dont think i mind regional pricing as long as its done *fairly*...ie no more than 10%/15% either way..... some of them are just downright ripoffs ..is what i have the problem with ...
bombardier: It is same as me travelling to US to buy a pair of jeans and than being charged 30% more just because I came from EU.

If you want to have regional prices make multiple regional stores and pay regional taxes.

Gog is only one store and the only difference in prices could result in VAT and not publisher's wishes.
I'm not sure why you responded to me. That has nothing to do with my point. Or are you just engaging in conversation?

Edit: To clarify, I'm referring to the discussion going on here where some members seem to think that game prices are based on their income. I'm not advocating anything.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by JohnnyDollar
Matruchus: Exactly and that why gog's fair pricing policy is the least bad for most people. I would be interested how people would react if all games on gog were regional priceds besides those cca. 28 games now that are regionaly priced since yesterday.
Niggles: I actually wonder if people go overboard. I dont think i mind regional pricing as long as its done *fairly*...ie no more than 10%/15% either way..... some of them are just downright ripoffs ..is what i have the problem with ...
Exactly that's what im affraid off the price rip-off since everywhere else the pricing for me is about 30-50% higher for me (some games even are around 100% more expensive which is insane) than here and the problem is that some people have romantic views of regional pricing being something good. I don't mind if its about 10-15% as you said but usually its min. 30% and that's a big difference that even different VAT or regulations can't explain.
Niggles: I actually wonder if people go overboard. I dont think i mind regional pricing as long as its done *fairly*...ie no more than 10%/15% either way..... some of them are just downright ripoffs ..is what i have the problem with ...
Matruchus: Exactly that's what im affraid off the price rip-off since everywhere else the pricing for me is about 30-50% higher for me (some games even are around 100% more expensive which is insane) than here and the problem is that some people have romantic views of regional pricing being something good. I don't mind if its about 10-15% as you said but usually its min. 30% and that's a big difference that even different VAT or regulations can't explain.
Well usually get hit with 50%+ with Bethesda/2K/Activision games :/
Does all the new changes mean, that if I have unredeemed code for game that disappear next week, I'll lose this code? If yes, that's not cool:(
truhlik: Does all the new changes mean, that if I have unredeemed code for game that disappear next week, I'll lose this code? If yes, that's not cool:(
Possibly yes and the game codes mostly don't work at the moment and have dissapeared from different user accounts and this is being fixed right now.
Niggles: Well usually get hit with 50%+ with Bethesda/2K/Activision games :/
Yeah those usually are heavy on regional pricing yes :(

The only dissapointing thing with all this renewal of the website is that there are no new releases today and nothing yesterday.

Edit: Wrote the last sentence too fast :)
MarkoH01: 3) Will Black Mirror 3 still come to GOG? I already have BM1 as retail version but I was thinking to buy all 3 to have them complete in one place. No point in doing so if it never will appear here.
Questionable. Nordic is in a bit of a rut with Viva Media over the publishing rights of 2 & 3. You see, Viva Media own the publishing rights for 2 & 3 in North America and for English only, while Nordic Games owns it for everywhere else as well as completely owning 1. Now, that wouldn't be too much of an issue except Viva Media is cannibalizing all of Nordic's sales on Steam for 2 & 3, and Nordic is not so happy about it.

Want some stern statements? Here you go (more fun on Nordic's facebook page too, heh):
http://steamcommunity.com/app/292930/discussions/0/540744475578352527/

Anyway, I got 1 & 2 here and got 3 from BundleStars' $1 sale that just ended (steam of course). 3 is available DRM-free from ShinyLoot though.

BTW if you have a EN NA physical copy of 2 or 3 with receipt Viva Media will give you a steam key for them.