It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
keeveek: No, I should pay LESS, becuase I earn approximately 3-4 times LESS than an American.

So I have to work 3 times more hours to buy a game working on similar job.
You do know that you pay less since you have regional pricing all the time in Poland but regional pricing in a good way in comparison to what is in store for other countries. Normal regional pricing is always 30-50% more then US prices and for Australia over 50% more and reaching up to 80% more. Just look at crazy insane Witcher 3 pricing and then speak about regional pricing. Most off the world lives in poverty and then you support price increases - shish.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Matruchus
I bid farewell to these wonderful games a pity I was never able to get most of them here and never will,
anyhow farewell Spellforce, Desperadoes, Gothic, The Guild and others, I hope we see you here again someday.
Matruchus: You do know that you pay less since you have regional pricing all the time in Poland but regional pricing in a good way in comparison to what is in store for other countries. Normal regional pricing is always 30-50% more then US prices and for Australia over 50% more and reaching up to 80% more. Just look at crazy insane Witcher 3 pricing and then speak about regional pricing.
Do not listen to Australians. They earn crazy amounts of money compared to other countries, so their 80 AUD means nothing.

Also, when I pay the same price as an American, I actually still pay MORE than the American.

https://www.gamepointsnow.com/blog/how-many-hours-do-you-have-to-work-to-buy-the-latest-game

Australians do not pay the most money for games, period.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by keeveek
So here goes my hope that someday the german language packs would be added to the Desperados series, I have them on my wishlist waiting to buy them if that occured. Really sad that these games will go away.
Matruchus: You do know that you pay less since you have regional pricing all the time in Poland but regional pricing in a good way in comparison to what is in store for other countries. Normal regional pricing is always 30-50% more then US prices and for Australia over 50% more and reaching up to 80% more. Just look at crazy insane Witcher 3 pricing and then speak about regional pricing. Most off the world lives in poverty and then you support price increases - shish.
If you support "same price for everyone", you are actually supporting poor people paying 3 times more than Americans.

I support regional pricing , but regional pricing in which people who live in poor countries should pay less for games.

GOG tries to force you into thinking "same price for everyone" is actually fair. And they dare say it in a country where people earn 500 EUR a month.
keeveek: If you support "same price for everyone", you are actually supporting poor people paying 3 times more than Americans.

I support regional pricing , but regional pricing in which people who live in poor countries should pay less for games.
The regional pricing you are talking about does not exist and never will get that in to your mind. Its just a romantic notion. This is what the publishers wan't 1$=1€. Wait when you get the euro how happy you will be about regional pricing then.
Matruchus: The regional pricing you are talking about does not exist and never will get that in to your mind. Its just a romantic notion. This is what the publishers wan't 1$=1€. Wait when you get the euro how happy you will be about regional pricing then.
Russians pay less for games, so why wouldn't it be possible for other countries?

Daedalic games cost 9,99 EUR for me on Steam.

GOG's "fair" pricing means I'd pay 15 EUR.

GOG tries to force you into thinking "same price for everyone" is actually fair. And they dare say it in a country where people earn 500 EUR a month.
Matruchus: You do know that you pay less since you have regional pricing all the time in Poland but regional pricing in a good way in comparison to what is in store for other countries. Normal regional pricing is always 30-50% more then US prices and for Australia over 50% more and reaching up to 80% more. Just look at crazy insane Witcher 3 pricing and then speak about regional pricing. Most off the world lives in poverty and then you support price increases - shish.
keeveek: If you support "same price for everyone", you are actually supporting poor people paying 3 times more than Americans.

... and then people start using VPN to pay less in richer countrys. ;)
Matruchus: The regional pricing you are talking about does not exist and never will get that in to your mind. Its just a romantic notion. This is what the publishers wan't 1$=1€. Wait when you get the euro how happy you will be about regional pricing then.
keeveek: Russians pay less for games, so why wouldn't it be possible for other countries?

Daedalic games cost 9,99 EUR for me on Steam.

GOG's "fair" pricing means I'd pay 15 EUR.

Well you are lucky then all Deadalic games cost 19.99€ for me on Steam so so much about regional pricing being good.

And also average salary here is around 580€ which is minimal allowed salary in the country and is what most people get payed here now. So can I get your polish nice price then since the income is basically the same? Every regional priced store says no and please pay us some more. That's why I prefer gogs pricing who does not screw you over against everybody else.
Matruchus: Well you are lucky then all Deadalic games cost 19.99€ for me on Steam so so much about regional pricing being good.

And also average salary here is around 580€ which is minimal allowed salary in the country and is what most people get payed here now. So can I get your polish nice price then since the income is basically the same? Every regional priced store says no and please pay us some more.
So maybe try to convince them? Daedalic games are much cheaper in Poland because Polish customers approached them many many times and ultimately they thought it's a good idea. Or so I've heard.

GOG is fighting a losing battle here. Every single store is using (unfair) regional pricing, and GOG will not prevail in this fight.

losing 35 games at once? Next time you'll see GOG selling only indie games and indie movies.

They already barely launch any classic games as it is.

And I'd rather see them offering $1 = 1E bullshit than having to backup my GOG games because they're going out of business.

Games in Poland are affordable on Steam, because of the steep sales percentage. So you can battle unfair pricing with -85% sales. Yes, people in rich countries still will pay less than me, but as long as the price is affordable for me, I am ok with this.
Matruchus: That's why I prefer gogs pricing who does not screw you over against everybody else.
GOG pricing does screw you over, only less than 1 dollar = 1 eur pricing.
Matruchus: Well you are lucky then all Deadalic games cost 19.99€ for me on Steam so so much about regional pricing being good.

And also average salary here is around 580€ which is minimal allowed salary in the country and is what most people get payed here now. So can I get your polish nice price then since the income is basically the same? Every regional priced store says no and please pay us some more.
keeveek: So maybe try to convince them? Daedalic games are much cheaper in Poland because Polish customers approached them many many times and ultimately they thought it's a good idea. Or so I've heard.

GOG is fighting a losing battle here. Every single store is using (unfair) regional pricing, and GOG will not prevail in this fight.

losing 35 games at once? Next time you'll see GOG selling only indie games and indie movies.

They already barely launch any classic games as it is.

And I'd rather see them offering $1 = 1E bullshit than having to backup my GOG games because they're going out of business.

Games in Poland are affordable on Steam, because of the steep sales percentage. So you can battle unfair pricing with -85% sales. Yes, people in rich countries still will pay less than me, but as long as the price is affordable for me, I am ok with this.
Personally I don't buy regionally priced games on gog and nowhere else now. I did use Steam before but now cause of regional pricing - no The only exception is when regionally priced games are 90% discounted. I won't support greed.
keeveek: GOG pricing does screw you over, only less than 1 dollar = 1 eur pricing.
Sorry but gog pricing does not screw me over - every game on gog is cheaper for me then on Steam and that is a fact. Steamprices I get are usually 30-100% higher depending on the publisher in comparison to gog prices.
low rated
Matruchus: Sorry but gog pricing does not screw me over - every game on gog is cheaper for me then on Steam and that is a fact.
You pay actually 3 times more than an American and 5 times more than Australian on GOG and that's a fact.
keeveek: You pay actually 3 times more than an American and 5 times more than Australian on GOG and that's a fact.
I don get where you get this silly information that does not hold water at all and I don't get why you are upset at all you get your nice low polish prices all the time - looking at Wicher 3.

Anyway I'm done discussing this.
low rated
keeveek: You pay actually 3 times more than an American and 5 times more than Australian on GOG and that's a fact.
Matruchus: I don get where you get this silly information that does not hold water at all and I don't get why you are upset at all you get your nice low polish prices all the time - looking at Wicher 3.
If you weren't close minded and actually read what I am posting to you, you'd know.

Average american has to work 3 times less and Australian 5 times less than Polish worker on comparable job to buy a game that is priced the same in both countries.

and if Slovenian salaries are comparable to Polish, that's the correct statement.
Matruchus: I don get where you get this silly information that does not hold water at all and I don't get why you are upset at all you get your nice low polish prices all the time - looking at Wicher 3.
keeveek: If you weren't close minded and actually read what I am posting to you, you'd know.

Average american has to work 3 times less and Australian 5 times less than Polish worker on comparable job to buy a game that is priced the same in both countries.

and if Slovenian salaries are comparable to Polish, that's the correct statement.
God the game is priced the same on gog yes. Go to other store and you will see that it costs a lot more. Maybe not for Poland that is known as a piracy haven similar to Russia and for your two countries the prices have to be artificially lowered cause of that. My country when its regionally priced is always put together with the better going countries like Germany and I have to pay their prices - do I like that no. And goodbye now.