It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
So far Gothic 2. Hope we meet someday again.
Can we have a few more comments about the games in the promo and shovel the regional pricing crap into its own dedicated thread thanks...
Not again. Is it me, or GOG's catalog keeps shrinking / or old games are replaced by new indie games :(
Btw, didn't GOG just this year add many Nordic Games releases?
Post edited August 28, 2014 by blotunga
blotunga: Not again. Is it me, or GOG's catalog keeps shrinking / or old games are replaced by new indie games :(
there was a bunch of new ones.... giveth and taketh in short fashion.....
Niggles: there was a bunch of new ones.... giveth and taketh in short fashion.....
Well I already have the Gothics and Desperados here, the Guilds on steam, so time to get the Spellforce series and Summoner and Silver I guess. The rest I either don't know or don't want...
StingingVelvet: Countries are different. Economies are different. (...) When I travel to Europe everything costs more. A Steak dinner in the US is about $20. A steak dinner in Ireland cost me about 20 Euro.
The fundamental error in your stance is that there are poor countries in the eurozone where a steak dinner costs 7 Euro, and yet the people living there are still charged the Rich-Euro price on GOG.

Hell, last weekend I rode a bicycle from Moscow (average salary $1500) to Tver (average salary $700) through Verbilki (average salary $250). Obviously wage differences within a country can't be taken into account without a massive restructuring of the economy, but e.g. Slovaks are right to be annoyed about being charged more than Americans on the same damn website.
low rated
blotunga: Not again. Is it me, or GOG's catalog keeps shrinking / or old games are replaced by new indie games :(
You can thank all the gog cultists who think Ukraininans should pay the exact same price as Germans or Americans. And they dare call it "fair price".
Don't see the point of buying these games now to reward Nordic games for removing them from GOG. Now at least anybody sourcing the GOG packages of these games online through alternate means won't feel like they're ripping off GOG.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by WereSquirrel
WereSquirrel: Don't see the point of buying these games now to reward Nordic games for removing them from GOG. Now at least anybody sourcing the GOG packages of these games online through alternate means won't feel like they're ripping off GOG.
It's not Nordic removing them from the catalog. Its gog this time. They weren't happy with the new renegoiated sales conditions with Nordic and decided for the time being to remove the games from the catalog.
StingingVelvet: Going to get neg'd to hell and back for this but I don't care.

Countries are different. Economies are different. You can't take a US price and expect everyone to pay the same thing. You're taking a moral stand and that's nice, but it's a more complicated issue than the people converting on google and screaming want to admit. When I travel to Europe everything costs more. A Steak dinner in the US is about $20. A steak dinner in Ireland cost me about 20 Euro. I didn't scream that 20 Euro was about $35 and a hell of a lot for a steak, I paid the local price. The people who live in Ireland are used to a steak costing $35 in their economy.

People like to believe we're all one country now with no borders or differences because the internet makes it feel like that, but we're anything but. The differences are massive when it comes to economies. If a publisher wants to charge more for their game in France and less in Russia because of the economies in those countries they are not being evil or selfish, they are being good business people who notice things like average wages, cost of living, average costs, etc.

And beyond all of that, dismissing everything I just said, publishers should be able to charge what they want. You shouldn't tell them what to charge. Let the market decide how proper the price is. The consumer is in complete control in a capitalist system. If GOG users thing 6 Euro is too much then they won't buy, and Nordic will reconsider their pricing. Steam can charge a $ = Euro price because people accept it, don't care, and know it's the same price as in their local shop anyway.

End rant.
Regional pricing is already possible on GOG. For example for Divinity Original Sin Deluxe Edition I payed in Germany more than $70. But we get the difference between the german and US price refunded in bonus codes and now in store credits. This refund comes from GOG and not from the publishers. The publishers get their money. So it's not the business of the publishers. It's the kindness of GOG.

The only problem I see is that GOG now introduced fixed prices for foreign currencies. When the money rate of the US Dollar drops it's bad for the buyers from foreign countrys because they pay more than necessary. When it rises it's better for the buyers and worse for the publishers because they get less. But we're talking about cents. There isn't such a big rise or fall of the US Dollar that there are such big price differences.

So I don't really know where's the problem.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Silverhawk170485
keeveek: You can thank all the gog cultists who think Ukraininans should pay the exact same price as Germans or Americans. And they dare call it "fair price".
Well, to be honest I'm one of those cultists :P. Do you think it's fair to pay more than an American just because you live in a shitty Eastern European country?
Starmaker: The fundamental error in your stance is that there are poor countries in the eurozone where a steak dinner costs 7 Euro, and yet the people living there are still charged the Rich-Euro price on GOG.

Hell, last weekend I rode a bicycle from Moscow (average salary $1500) to Tver (average salary $700) through Verbilki (average salary $250). Obviously wage differences within a country can't be taken into account without a massive restructuring of the economy, but e.g. Slovaks are right to be annoyed about being charged more than Americans on the same damn website.
I think I should move to Russia. Stuff is cheaper, wages are higher.. Paradise on earth...
Post edited August 28, 2014 by blotunga
WereSquirrel: Don't see the point of buying these games now to reward Nordic games for removing them from GOG. Now at least anybody sourcing the GOG packages of these games online through alternate means won't feel like they're ripping off GOG.
Matruchus: It's not Nordic removing them from the catalog. Its gog this time. They weren't happy with the new renegoiated sales conditions with Nordic and decided for the time being to remove the games from the catalog.
How do you know this? Is there some info on this?
Matruchus: It's not Nordic removing them from the catalog. Its gog this time. They weren't happy with the new renegoiated sales conditions with Nordic and decided for the time being to remove the games from the catalog.
htown1980: How do you know this? Is there some info on this?
Here post from Gdoc on this issue in this thread: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/last_chance_special/post226
blotunga: Well, to be honest I'm one of those cultists :P. Do you think it's fair to pay more than an American just because you live in a shitty Eastern European country?
No, I should pay LESS, becuase I earn approximately 3-4 times LESS than an American.

So I have to work 3 times more hours to buy a game working on similar job.
keeveek: No, I should pay LESS, becuase I earn approximately 3-4 times LESS than an American.

So I have to work 3 times more hours to buy a game working on similar job.
Well, since you and I are in the fucking EU, that won't happen. And usually we have to pay more. This is why I was happy with GOG's pricing. At least I don't feel screwed like from everybody else.