It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
Strange. Shinyloot still has its games.... for now.
It sucks that Nordic won't agree to sell under GOG's policies. But I'd rather those titles not be sold here rather than implementing a regional pricing scheme.

I decided to pick up Panzer Elite and Silver before the Nordic games are gone. I own an original boxed copy of Panzer Elite but, as with many games, I still purchase the GOG version because they are DRM free and include patches. I have never played Silver and I look forward to playing it.

Its sad to see a publisher go, but I am proud GOG stands by their beliefs.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by DaveyDarko
DaveyDarko: But I'd rather those titles not be sold here rather than implementing a regional pricing scheme.
Regional pricing has been implemented, today alone 23 games were added to regional pricing.

http://www.gog.com/forum/general/newly_regionalpriced_games/page1

DaveyDarko: Its sad to see a publisher go, but I am proud GOG stands by their beliefs.
Haha.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by undeadcow
eiii: Of course it's about regional pricing. It's about the difference in regional pricing GOG has to compensate for now. For new and higher priced games this seems still to pay off for GOG, but not for older, lower priced games. So the older games have to go ...
Jack Keane 2 and SpellForce 2: Demons of the Past are new games and yet, they are still leaving, so no, it has nothing to do with the age of a game in question.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by Grargar
awalterj:
LeonardoCornejo: Could you give me the e mail adress, actualy this is a good idea, we should flood their e mai adress with complains, matbe we should recruit some anti DRM 4 chan members to the cause and make Nordic and Frictional feel real guilty and sorry for causing this.
I wrote to the email address on this page:
http://www.nordicgames.at/de/index.php/p/legal

office[@]nordicgames[dot]at

But I just see now there is a contact form which is probably better suited to getting the message to the right people:
http://www.nordicgames.at/de/index.php/contact

Not sure which recipient to pick from the drop down menu:

"Sales International"
"Business Development"
"Marketing & PR"

This matter concerns all those 3 areas so maybe write to all three?
Well so much for hoping that Red Faction: Guerrilla and Red Faction: Armageddon would be coming to GOG as well. Not to mention any other series owned by Nordic Games.....THIS SUCKS!
I seriously hope GOG sees what they've wrought through this thread.

I have stoically supported GOG through everything, but honestly, my faith has just been severely shaken.
Post edited August 28, 2014 by ReynardFox
I know it's only 5 bucks but can anyone comment on whether or not an adventure game newbie should pick up Black Mirror 1 and / or 2?

Things I like - "real life" puzzles - I don't want to combine the ham with the rusty key to start the car engine. I like stuff that "makes sense" - I've recently played both Amnesia and Dracula 4 - enjoyed those sorts of puzzles just fine.

Also, are these games complete stories in their own right? I don't want some 3 hour game that ends in a cliffhanger. If I just grab say, Black Mirror 1 is it going to be short and just "end" - I don't mind if the story isn't finished exactly, I just don't want to be left high and dry right in the middle of something.
"The consumer is in complete control in a capitalist system."

Lolz. Isn't this one of the main reasons GOG began because consumers don't have choice? e.g. DRM.
ReynardFox: I seriously hope GOG sees what they've wrought through this thread.

I have stoically supported GOG through everything, but honestly, my faith has just been severely shaken.
Mine too, I stuck with them diring the removal of many titles, like -fallout and Guilty Gear games (The ones I recall were on my wishlist) but this has gone too far and gives me little hope on seing newer titles and titles I wanted to buy on GOG, the truth is, before I knew about GOG I did what almost all mexicans do, download pirate copies, but I began to feel guilty, I don't want to go back to that way again, I thought I could get all the games I wanted without restrictive DRM, but now it seems some games will force me either to buy them with DRM or go back to the bleak path of piracy.
ReynardFox: I seriously hope GOG sees what they've wrought through this thread.

Now all we need is for GOG to release a long awaited title the people have been clambering for to pacify the community and we will forget all about these transgressions and go back to praising GOG until something like this happens in the foreseeable near future to inconveniences the community again. All the while before that happens we will silence and ignore every naysayer as always. Wash, rinse, and repeat :P

Man, I'm pretty cynical when I don't get enough sleep.
I've only been a GoG member for the last few years but I've seen the regional pricing backlash and various other topics come off and on.

I'm picking up Spellforce. All of them. Just bought Spellforce Platinum earlier today and played a few hours. If the first one is this good then I'm happy to grab the rest DRM free while I can.

I hope GoG sees what this can and will do to their catalog if other publishers/developers have to pull out because of incompatible pricing strategies.

35 games axed? This isn't good and I hope they all come back when the pricing rules get changed for the better.

We want more games. Regional pricing notwithstanding. I'm hoping there will be a happy middle ground.

I do believe there should be true 'fair pricing'. As in all the factors are considered. Otherwise the most fair option should be taken.

I don't know. I'm buzzed and enjoying a round of Spellforce at the moment.

Moar whiskey!
But why some publishers wee ok when the price was in USD, then they refused to update the price on €?
The price is always the same,no?
i don't understand. if some partners don't agree with this "fair pricing", then give them the opportunity to not participate such pricing scheme. right now both you and your partners will be losing money because of this, and we users lose games. pricing shouldn't be as important as DRM free.
I might pick up a few games, but my question is; Why are they being taken down from the site?