It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

We'll be removing a number of games from the GOG.com catalog - here's your last call to get them with a special discount!

Today, we're here to honor the promise we gave you to announce ahead of time whenever we're taking a game down from sales. We wanted to give you one last chance to get the titles we're delisting with a considerable discount, and the partners involved agreed. There are 35 games on that list and you can get them all for up to 80% off until Tuesday, September 2, at 3:59AM GMT. Any title you buy will remain in your collection even after it's removed from our catalog, so you can always download and re-download the installers and bonus content. Check out the promo page to see which games this concerns.

We're still ironing out a few details. For now, the promo pages, like the one for the Last Chance Special, list all the game prices only in US dollars. But don't freak out: if you chose to use your local currency you will see the prices in local currency in checkout, and you can still finalize the transaction in local currency. We hope to have this issue fixed within the next weeks.
BadDecissions: Like, a lot of people are blaming Nordic, but since Nordic was perfectly willing to sell their games at a single flat, world-wide price until GOG started flailing wildly with its pricing policies ("One world-wide price! More then one world-wide price! One world-wide price except when there isn't! Multiple world-wide prices, but we'll refund the difference! Uh ... one world-wide price, sometimes, and you can pay with your local currency, at a fair exchange rate, except when we can't offer a fair exchange rate? Somebody please help us, we have no idea what we're dooooooing!"), I'm going to assume this is basically GOG's fault.
F4LL0UT: I tend to defend GOG most of the time but I must say, your post probably captures the situation pretty well. Considering what a mindfuck the pricing model is now I'm shocked that all other publishers are staying. The new pricing model is utter non-sense.
I couldn't resist the urge to post before reading the entire thread, but I have to say now that I know how convoluted and wooden-headed this setup actually is, I think I'm just going to cut my losses and wander off back to the dark side. Hopefully they'll send out an email when everyone responsible for this manic episode has been jettisoned from the decision making process.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by einexile
Kudos GOG for sticking to your guns.
I'd rather have a fair currency conversion for all games and fewer games than a broken currency conversion for all games and a few more games in the catalogue (Trust me, if some get away with it, all will follow)
One torchlight game and 2 the witcher games are missing from my gift list. They were free when i got them.They better fix that. Everyone check your lists. I'm not the only one this is happening too.
Marie99: One torchlight game and 2 the witcher games are missing from my gift list. They were free when i got them.They better fix that. Everyone check your lists. I'm not the only one this is happening too.
Support posted that missing redeem codes is a known bug that they will resolve.
So anyways, what are the must-haves in the list? As someone who doesn't own nor has played any of them which ones should I pounce on?

I'm a fan of good ol' RTS games, Spellforce seems pretty interesting to me.
Yea, sorry, not having the games available is NOT better than having varying prices for those games.
Marie99: One torchlight game and 2 the witcher games are missing from my gift list. They were free when i got them.They better fix that. Everyone check your lists. I'm not the only one this is happening too.
If you paid money for your gift games, they should still be there. If they aren't, contact Support, although be warned they're probably inundated at the moment because of the website changes.

However, if like me, you picked the games up for free during a free game period in a sale, e.g. Torchlight, Alan Wake, Magrunner, Still Life 2 and Omerta during the Summer Sale, the Gift codes have all been removed.
Maybe, there were just too many still unredeemed floating around and GOG was worried that like the Fallout situation, it would lead to people selling them? Not fact, just speculation!

Up to you if you want to contact Support and ask for them to be put back, but I'm meh over the loss of my Torchlight gift code.
Easy come, easy go. :P
I couldn't give it away! Everyone had it!
undeadcow: Support posted that missing redeem codes is a known bug that they will resolve.
Just saw your post. Oh, in that case, easy come, easy go, easy come again! (Once the bug is resolved.) :)
Post edited August 27, 2014 by Getcomposted
Oh well, let's purchase then while we can...

Guys, which should purchase?
Gothic 2 or Gothic 3?
Guild Gold or Guild Renaissance?
Is Gothic #1 safe or it will be removed?
Kaien.853: Is Gothic #1 safe or it will be removed?
Safe, it has a different publisher.
Kaien.853: Is Gothic #1 safe or it will be removed?
djdarko: Safe, it has a different publisher.
Thanks.
Same happened to me. I still have my Torchlight gift code but the Witcher gift is gone. I'm wondering whether the serial keys for the games that disappeared still work.
Post edited August 27, 2014 by F4LL0UT
G-Doc: The original news post is not that detailed, so I suppose some further explanation is needed.
Thanks for posting G-Doc. That does clear things up a bit. Well, at least I got the ones I'll be missing before they disappear :)
F4LL0UT: Same happened to me. I still have my Torchlight gift code but the Witcher gift is gone. I'm wondering whether the serial keys for the games that disappeared still work.
There was a post from a blue in one of these threads. Missing gifts that were recently free, such as Torchlight during the Summer Sale, should still be available to us. They're working on it.

Edit: http://www.gog.com/forum/general/welcome_to_the_fresher_better_gogcom/post333/?staff=yes
Post edited August 27, 2014 by budejovice
I'm surprised EA's games aren't on this list.